John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by newera_212 »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:05 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:19 am
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:30 pm
aray22 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:21 am
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:59 am Was Johnny Santori made?
He was proposed by the Genovese but then died of a heart attack in 02 I believe.
For someone who’s spoken as high as he was by pennisi, he surely was proposed late. He was in this 40s in the 90s I’m guessing, maybe he was in prison before he was proposed?
I don't know anything about the guy and there's not a lot of info about him - but the photos that Pennisi has dropped of him, have him looking older than 40 even. With the Genovese and even all of the other families for the most part, that seems to fall in line with the typical age they make guys at
I noticed that too, I was looking at the latest LCN Bios post on the Genovese ceremonies. Youngest guy is over 35 lol.
Thanks for the heads up I just made my way through that LCN Bios posting which could warrant a few different spinoff threads here, but the craziest thing that stuck out for me was in Spring 76 a CI said this

"...there are an estimated 150 proposed members awaiting induction into the LCN, many having been proposed for a number of years. [CI] noted, however, that no proposed member over age fifty will be inducted."

Not sure if this has been common knowledge that this edict was proposed? I don't remember ever hearing about that before. I wonder who's idea that was. In theory it's understandable but at the same time there were well over 100 guys waiting to get made, with that amount you'd think they could hit a balance and still meet the goal of having younger guys with more time to keep things going
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Pennisi calls Cali the Official Boss at the time of his death and says Mannino replaced him afterwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7bWaeWnIc
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

MonkeyTennis
16 minutes ago
Very interesting video. Was Cali the boss during your whole time as a friend or did he take over from Dom Cefalu at some point?

Sitdownnews
20 minutes ago
During my time he was the boss.

Well according to the feds Cali was the underboss at the time of his murder. Last bit of info we got on Mannino was from Capeci and he said that he's the underboss.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

He says Joe Gambino is a captain also
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

He's mentioned before that Joe Gambino was Sal Lombardo's captain. Since his time on the streets, Joe has been identified as an "inducted member" by the feds.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:32 pm He's mentioned before that Joe Gambino was Sal Lombardo's captain. Since his time on the streets, Joe has been identified as an "inducted member" by the feds.
Which Joe Gambino is this? I always thought that even the cherry hill Gambinos & Carlo’s sons didn’t want their kids involved in the LCN.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

John & Rosario's brother
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:49 pm John & Rosario's brother
Thought he was retired by now, how old is he?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:51 pm
He's in his mid 70s. His son is a made member.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I'm thinking about how Capeci wrote that Cefalu was still (acting) boss but Mannino is viewed more as the leader even if he doesn't have the official title. I wonder if it was the same deal with Cali. He was underboss but on the street he was viewed as the real boss.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah it stood out to me that Pennisi said "official" boss in his video. He's normally very specific and careful about the formalities. Whether Cali was official boss or not, it's interesting if that was his impression.

As for Joe Gambino, on the 2010 La Griglia tape there is a part where Gambino and Mannino were off to the side discussing something related to being introduced to the Philly guys as capodecina. Hard to tell, but it seemed either Mannino or Gambino was a captain by then and they were discussing whether or not the Philly guys had been made aware.

It came out in a Sicilian investigation that Sal Lombardo was a made member with the Montelepre Family and Joe Gambino arranged his transfer to the Gambinos. Makes sense if he was his captain.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

It does make sense. Lombardo was on record with tall Pete and I'm sure he also said that tall Pete was under Joe Gambino and this wasnt Mannino's crew. My thinking is Joe was running things when John was sick and Mannino had his own crew with guys like Paul Semplice and Joe Lanni. I'm sure I posted the unredacted part on here before but it was revealed that Mannino and Lanni were the two captains Semplice was talking to so we have confirmation there that Lanni was a captain by around 2017.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I do have a vague memory of one of Pennisi's earlier videos that's relevant to this discussion (I believe it was one of the MBA & the Button Man episodes that was taken down so unfortunately I can't double check it). He was talking about Dom Cefalu very briefly and first described him as acting boss but then very quickly corrected himself and said "official boss".
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:51 pm
Whats this the fuckin Navy?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:34 pm He was underboss but on the street he was viewed as the real boss.
Same with Madonna & Crea, it’s the lightening rod model.