John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by sdeitche »

B. wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:52 pm Great interview, Scott.
Thank you
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pennisi is hard to listen to. The guy is a total Drip....
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I watched Pennisi’s latest video on Vito Guzzo getting straightened out in jail and I do believe one of Mukremins charts made it into the early part of the video
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMw671dFL0c

Pennisi interviews Anna Sergi about her new book.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:17 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMw671dFL0c

Good thing she didn't go on Calandra's show: "It's a great book, really! I haven't read it yet".
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cool to see an 'ndrangheta expert interviewed by a Cosa Nostra member. Great interview. Sergi is great at breaking down the inner-workings of the 'ndrangheta which is not an easy thing to do and I believe her work will continue to be referenced in decades to come.

Hope to see Pennisi do more interviews like this. Does his homework and is willing to let the guest take center stage.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

He brought up John Dickie during the interview, would be interested in seeing the two of them talk as well
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Jimmy saying it's a great book, I haven't read it yet is one of the best lines in awhile he is dumb as a box of rocks.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

So he made up a story about visiting Tommy karate in jail and then said he lied about it. That's weird. I thought he was a little genuine. Now you really wonder about all his shit. I don't belive the Matty. Adonna shit
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Dominic Crea is going after Pennisi. He had Bill Fenton on his podcast. Fenton was involved in a story Pennisi told about Patty Dellorusso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfiyA6J ... ceTechPros
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:17 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMw671dFL0c

This was really good. A very good look for Pennisi. He's starting to understand where to pivot in this podcast space. The other mob guys act like they wanna be DJ Vlad, whereas this is more.....Crime CNN like, I dunno.... it makes sense.

This was right on time... just posted some of her stuff from an essay I downloaded.....

Things I liked...

1. Loved the Muia questions. I wished Pennisi would have asked about Santo Rambo. I think that's his name. He's 29, and already a trequartino. A very good example of the dilution of the santa ( I've stopped capitalizing mafia terms, she has a point there) she spoke on. I think him getting arrested, and Muia being killed left the Figliomennis in charge. Also thought it was spot on when John said he coulda gotten killed. When news came out about the trip I wondered, " Doesn't he know the Figliomenis, MAYBE, possibly, killed his brother, so they could be in charge of the locale?

2. Loved that she touched on the Piromalli Olive oil business. Long overdue for a deep dive. I tried looking into it awhile ago, and ended up reading about an OPEC -like, olive oil cartel in Italy. Like...wtf?

2. Interesting the Sergis have a big wine business. Old money drug/agro clan turned legit. All the families at the top are pretty similar, no matter if it's Sicily, Calabria, or Naples. I couldnt help but think of those Favara people the Gambinos were involved with.

3. I actually loved that she made a clear distinction between drug dealing, and controlling the drug TRADE.

4. The Albanians are today, possibly equals of ndrangheta as far as European cocaine.

5. I really want to see what she writes about Hamilton and Niagra.

There was a lot more I liked... maybe I'll add on later..
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:49 am

This was really good. A very good look for Pennisi. He's starting to understand where to pivot in this podcast space. The other mob guys act like they wanna be DJ Vlad, whereas this is more.....Crime CNN like, I dunno.... it makes sense.

This was right on time... just posted some of her stuff from an essay I downloaded.....

Things I liked...

1. Loved the Muia questions. I wished Pennisi would have asked about Santo Rambo. I think that's his name. He's 29, and already a trequartino. A very good example of the dilution of the santa ( I've stopped capitalizing mafia terms, she has a point there) she spoke on. I think him getting arrested, and Muia being killed left the Figliomennis in charge. Also thought it was spot on when John said he coulda gotten killed. When news came out about the trip I wondered, " Doesn't he know the Figliomenis, MAYBE, possibly, killed his brother, so they could be in charge of the locale?

2. Loved that she touched on the Piromalli Olive oil business. Long overdue for a deep dive. I tried looking into it awhile ago, and ended up reading about an OPEC -like, olive oil cartel in Italy. Like...wtf?

2. Interesting the Sergis have a big wine business. Old money drug/agro clan turned legit. All the families at the top are pretty similar, no matter if it's Sicily, Calabria, or Naples. I couldnt help but think of those Favara people the Gambinos were involved with.

3. I actually loved that she made a clear distinction between drug dealing, and controlling the drug TRADE.

4. The Albanians are today, possibly equals of ndrangheta as far as European cocaine.

5. I really want to see what she writes about Hamilton and Niagra.

There was a lot more I liked... maybe I'll add on later..
Indeed!!
in the book there is already a bit about Hamilton and Niagara even if it's not the focus of the chapter.

Santo Rumbo was the name and it was a very interesting story, beyond Canada as well. For example see this about Luxembourg... https://www.occrp.org/en/openlux/reveal ... heta-mafia and connected to this https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/a/1395392.html
For Canadian connection he was not convicted... https://www.corrieredellacalabria.it/20 ... bbreviato/
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ryan98366 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 pm Two things about John Pennisi,

1. If you post anything to the comments section of his Sit Down News blog that he doesn’t like, he will block it. Not shocking at all.

2. I was in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday for work and went through the Popeye’s Chicken drive through. It was John Pennisi’s working the drive thru! I didn’t ask if it was him. Clearly it was him but I did not want to blow his new identity. A 20 year old really fat black lady was his manager and she was yelling at him. I didn’t want to interrupt her but I’m 99.9% sure it was Pennisi.

This hundred page thred started off a “I saw him working Popeyes” comments
SMH

I think penisi is one of the few who doesn’t completely lie. Probably embellish sometimes but ar least he doesn’t make a full episode about a FAKE incident and say he was “baiting” ppl
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Imagine having a last name similar to penis I can’t imagine the bullying he got as a child
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:26 pm I think penisi is one of the few who doesn’t completely lie. Probably embellish sometimes but ar least he doesn’t make a full episode about a FAKE incident and say he was “baiting” ppl
100%

Not everyone might be interested in Pennisi's stories and he has limited experience to pull from, but he's maintained his integrity and remained humble.

I hope he keeps doing interviews with experts and unique guests -- we're lucky we get to see a Cosa Nostra member conduct video interviews for free.