General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 am Not related to any topic in the thread, but I was in Chicago visiting my grandparents in Elmwood Park last week. Spend some time in various restaurants etc. You can still understand how despite so many crazy advancements in technology, culture, etc, the "thing" still hangs on somehow, albiet in a much smaller, much more hidden kind of way. Many places there still have that vibe, with older white haired gentlemen having quiet conversations in the back of restaurants. It's a tiny urban sub-culture , but it was evident to me how it still can exist in some manner.

Highlight of the trip was a night at Donny G's ristorante in EP. Talk about the "vibe". The food was freakin excellent and if you are ever in the area I would highly suggest it. The homemade rigatoni was killer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO39eZHgfyg
Donny Greco has been in the restaurant business for a while. He was the guy behind Misto on Grand Ave and Adagio on Weed St (I've also seen a Donald Greco listed as a manager of Carmine's on Rush).

Now, I wonder what relationship Donny Greco may have with the Donald Greco who pled guilty to cocaine distribution in 1987. In 1987, the CPD gambling squad executed a search warrant on Christ Savides' Park Ridge condo. Savides was described as an organized crime figure and CPD was looking for evidence related to a gambling ring. As it turns out, they stumbled onto a major cocaine deal, as Savides, Joseph Pace, Donald Greco, and Anthony Besase were found in the condo with 10 kilos of coke (along with gambling paraphernalia and weapons). Besase, who lived in Toledo, was described as an organized crime figure there, so he was evidently a relative of Detroit member Anthony "Whitey" Besase. Police discovered that Besase's vehicle, registered in OH, contained an electronically-operated hidden compartment and receipts indicating that Besase had recently traveled through Georgia and Indiana. Investigators thus believed that Besase was supplying the Savides group, driving cocaine up from FL to Chicago; Savides and his guys were in turn wholesalers supplying local Chicago-area distributors (Pace was found with records that investigators believed were receipts for cocaine sales). Savides apparently had other drug connections in Chicago, as he was also surveilled by the DEA meeting with a number of unnamed "major narcotics traffickers". Donny Greco may be too young to be the same Donald Greco (who only received 1 year in prison), but he may well be a relative.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 am Not related to any topic in the thread, but I was in Chicago visiting my grandparents in Elmwood Park last week. Spend some time in various restaurants etc. You can still understand how despite so many crazy advancements in technology, culture, etc, the "thing" still hangs on somehow, albiet in a much smaller, much more hidden kind of way. Many places there still have that vibe, with older white haired gentlemen having quiet conversations in the back of restaurants. It's a tiny urban sub-culture , but it was evident to me how it still can exist in some manner.

Highlight of the trip was a night at Donny G's ristorante in EP. Talk about the "vibe". The food was freakin excellent and if you are ever in the area I would highly suggest it. The homemade rigatoni was killer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO39eZHgfyg
Donny G’s is good. The owner is a funny guy. What other places you go to? Go to Venuti’s in Addison on a Saturday night next time your in. You won’t be disappointed
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:43 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:03 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:26 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 pm At what point do the higher ups get annoyed with all the media coverage Sarno is getting, his I'll futed attempts to get out of jail and now talks of "hollywood?"
Given his health, they probably figure that nature will simply take its course sooner rather than later.
Sarno lost both of his legs? According to a recent SB article posted by furio... I dontremember the news reporting that or writing it and if I did I missed it. That fact has gone overlooked imo making his outfit career close to over... who are some of the guy(s) that took his place? I know there is probably not much left to take over but there still has to be some vice(s) that people have or needs that ppl look to them for like loans and such
Latest account that we had, Solly D as boss, Sal Cautadella as UB, Jimmy I as Cicero capo but Louie Rainone as the main made guy running things for Jimmy. Other reputed recent made guys like Matteo and Massimo LoBue and Jason Nitti were stated to report directly to Solly D. Discussed in posts above by Antiliar.
Louie Rainone related to the flip flopping Mario Rainone?
Never heard of LoBue or Nitti. It's been about a year plus since I been actively researching chicago though; reasoning is, It's hard for me to find current news on them-like 2015> or primarily after family secrets on anything new. They used to be my favorite OC group to read,discuss about etc
Info on these current guys is a BHF exclusive, thanks to our good friend Antiliar sharing with us.

Louie Rainone is indeed the brother of Mario Rainone. Louie was a 12th St Player (like Paulie Carparelli) who did serious time in the joint for murdering a rival gang member when he was a kid in the '80s. His right hand man is apparently Joe Guarino (who may also be made), who was also a 12th St Player and was busted in '95 for a large cache of automatic weapons, silencers, and cocaine. As Patrick noted, Rainone now owns the pawnshop that used to be run by Sarno and Mark Polchan. These guys are very rough people, no doubt.

The LoBues are from Trabia, Palermo, where their father Filippo LoBue was apparently a corrupt cop. They own several high-end Italian restaurants in the wealthy Barrington area, where Solly D lives, and were allegedly partnered with Solly in food distribution. Matteo LoBue is the President of the massive Greco and Sons food distribution empire (sold to Sysco last year for ~800 million but allowed to enjoy a quasi-independent status with their own leadership). Jason Nitti is the grandson of the Nick Nitti that owned the famous Outfit-connected travel agency with Accardo's son; he's also a Cerone, and allegedly related to the Calabreses. Jason Nitti is the Vice President of Operations for the large Anthony Marano tomato company. His brother, also named Nick Nitti, owns the Forno Rosso pizzeria on Harlem Ave. FWIW, rumors surrounding the disappearance of drug dealer Tony Catalano have alleged that he was connected to "Jason and Nicky from Des Plaines"; both the Nitti and LoBue brothers have close connections to Des Plaines.

As I've pointed out before, a common thread with these new school guys is a close connection to Italy. The LoBues are self-explanatory. But the Rainones also had close relatives direct from Naples who ran a pizzeria. Both the Nittis and Cerones have had close ties to Italy; Jason has cousins direct from Bari in Chicago, and the Nittis back in Bari are big olive oil producers.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:53 am

Donny G’s is good. The owner is a funny guy. What other places you go to? Go to Venuti’s in Addison on a Saturday night next time your in. You won’t be disappointed
We went to Da Luciano's on Grand Ave one night. It was also very good but I though Donny G's was better. Obligatory stop at Gene and Jude's as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:19 pm

We went to Da Luciano's on Grand Ave one night. It was also very good but I though Donny G's was better. Obligatory stop at Gene and Jude's as well.
Da Luciano’s is so so. The price there is low but I was never impressed. Jim and Pete’s and Donny G’s are way better.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:02 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 pm At what point do the higher ups get annoyed with all the media coverage Sarno is getting, his I'll futed attempts to get out of jail and now talks of "hollywood?"
Given his health, they probably figure that nature will simply take its course sooner rather than later.
Sarno lost both of his legs? According to a recent SB article posted by furio... I dontremember the news reporting that or writing it and if I did I missed it. That fact has gone overlooked imo making his outfit career close to over... who are some of the guy(s) that took his place? I know there is probably not much left to take over but there still has to be some vice(s) that people have or needs that ppl look to them for like loans and such
Latest account that we had, Solly D as boss, Sal Cautadella as UB, Jimmy I as Cicero capo but Louie Rainone as the main made guy running things for Jimmy. Other reputed recent made guys like Matteo and Massimo LoBue and Jason Nitti were stated to report directly to Solly D. Discussed in posts above by Antiliar.
Louie Rainone related to the flip flopping Mario Rainone?
Never heard of LoBue or Nitti. It's been about a year plus since I been actively researching chicago though; reasoning is, It's hard for me to find current news on them-like 2015> or primarily after family secrets on anything new. They used to be my favorite OC group to read,discuss about etc
Info on these current guys is a BHF exclusive, thanks to our good friend Antiliar sharing with us.

Louie Rainone is indeed the brother of Mario Rainone. Louie was a 12th St Player (like Paulie Carparelli) who did serious time in the joint for murdering a rival gang member when he was a kid in the '80s. His right hand man is apparently Joe Guarino (who may also be made), who was also a 12th St Player and was busted in '95 for a large cache of automatic weapons, silencers, and cocaine. As Patrick noted, Rainone now owns the pawnshop that used to be run by Sarno and Mark Polchan. These guys are very rough people, no doubt.

The LoBues are from Trabia, Palermo, where their father Filippo LoBue was apparently a corrupt cop. They own several high-end Italian restaurants in the wealthy Barrington area, where Solly D lives, and were allegedly partnered with Solly in food distribution. Matteo LoBue is the President of the massive Greco and Sons food distribution empire (sold to Sysco last year for ~800 million but allowed to enjoy a quasi-independent status with their own leadership). Jason Nitti is the grandson of the Nick Nitti that owned the famous Outfit-connected travel agency with Accardo's son; he's also a Cerone, and allegedly related to the Calabreses. Jason Nitti is the Vice President of Operations for the large Anthony Marano tomato company. His brother, also named Nick Nitti, owns the Forno Rosso pizzeria on Harlem Ave. FWIW, rumors surrounding the disappearance of drug dealer Tony Catalano have alleged that he was connected to "Jason and Nicky from Des Plaines"; both the Nitti and LoBue brothers have close connections to Des Plaines.

As I've pointed out before, a common thread with these new school guys is a close connection to Italy. The LoBues are self-explanatory. But the Rainones also had close relatives direct from Naples who ran a pizzeria. Both the Nittis and Cerones have had close ties to Italy; Jason has cousins direct from Bari in Chicago, and the Nittis back in Bari are big olive oil producers.
Oh, so Louie is Mario's brother? I couldn't remember if that was the case or not. Seems like something I should have known.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

The convo surrounding the LoBues, Nitti, Rainone is a great reminder that we don't know everything or everyone that is involved. There is a tight knit sub-culture of families and friends here, and not all of them have had there names in the press frequently. It's small for sure, but there is still lots we don't know.

We don't know shit until someone gets busted. Think about Panozzo and Grand Ave...that shocked us all with the extent of the criminal network and the violent nature of the crimes. They will be few and far between, but I don't think we have seen the end of Chicago Outfit related arrests or criminal cases in our lifetimes. My trip to Elmwood Park last week reminded me that there are small groups of guys still fitting that old school neighborhood mold.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Luciano Liberti (who formerly owned the La Gondola restaurants and now runs Da Luciano with his son, Ignazio) is from Càccamo and arrived in Chicago after spending a brief time in Philly (the two places you’d expect a guy from Càccamo to wind up in the US). His name was actually Cruciano Liberti, but he legally changed it to Luciano when he was naturalized in Chicago in 1978. The current boss of the Tèrmini Imerese family is Giuseppe Liberti, a native of Càccamo who was also very close to Antonino Giuffrè, the former capomandamento over Càccamo, Tèrmini, Trabìa (where the LoBues are from) before he flipped in 2002. Very possible that the Chicago Libreris are related (Càccamo is a small town and there aren’t a million Libreris). I note also that when Luciano was naturalized one of his witnesses was an Alessandro Amitrano, who was a recent immigrant himself, I believe from Naples. His family today seems to be connected to both Chicago and Brooklyn.

Some may know this already, but the Libreris were busted for tax evasion back in 2018 (easy to get confused handling all of those cash transactions…): https://klasing-associates.com/chicago- ... tax-fraud/

I believe that they also own the Libreri and Son construction contracting company.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:02 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 pm
read,discuss about etc

LoBlue was a corrupt cop in Italy (allegedly) came here got his green card and hooked up with chicago outfit?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Follow up to a story I posted and forgotten about a couple of years ago, man time flies. Not sure about the ties, but given the town, nature of the scheme, and the names it of course made me suspicious at the time. Looks like Fazio was acquitted by the judge.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/6/10/ ... rt-czernek
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Anyone come across "Jack Pace" Pollina before? Bompensiero said he was likely made in Sicily and spent time in Detroit and Chicago before San Diego. Sounds like he was more involved with Detroit. If he was from Trapani like Bomp suspected there's a good chance it was Alcamo given the Alcamesi had a strong Detroit->San Diego pipeline. I'm more interested in the Chicago angle though.

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Luciano Liberti (who formerly owned the La Gondola restaurants and now runs Da Luciano with his son, Ignazio) is from Càccamo and arrived in Chicago after spending a brief time in Philly (the two places you’d expect a guy from Càccamo to wind up in the US). His name was actually Cruciano Liberti, but he legally changed it to Luciano when he was naturalized in Chicago in 1978. The current boss of the Tèrmini Imerese family is Giuseppe Liberti, a native of Càccamo who was also very close to Antonino Giuffrè, the former capomandamento over Càccamo, Tèrmini, Trabìa (where the LoBues are from) before he flipped in 2002. Very possible that the Chicago Libreris are related (Càccamo is a small town and there aren’t a million Libreris). I note also that when Luciano was naturalized one of his witnesses was an Alessandro Amitrano, who was a recent immigrant himself, I believe from Naples. His family today seems to be connected to both Chicago and Brooklyn.

Some may know this already, but the Libreris were busted for tax evasion back in 2018 (easy to get confused handling all of those cash transactions…): https://klasing-associates.com/chicago- ... tax-fraud/

I believe that they also own the Libreri and Son construction contracting company.
Typo in the above: it’s “Libreri” not “Liberti”, for both the Da Luciano owners and the boss of Tèrmini (stupid autocorrect).
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:20 pm Anyone come across "Jack Pace" Pollina before? Bompensiero said he was likely made in Sicily and spent time in Detroit and Chicago before San Diego. Sounds like he was more involved with Detroit. If he was from Trapani like Bomp suspected there's a good chance it was Alcamo given the Alcamesi had a strong Detroit->San Diego pipeline. I'm more interested in the Chicago angle though.

Never heard of the guy. FWIW, Pollina (if that was his actual surname) is much more common in Tràpani/Erice/Valderice than in Àlcamo.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:12 am

Donny Greco has been in the restaurant business for a while. He was the guy behind Misto on Grand Ave and Adagio on Weed St (I've also seen a Donald Greco listed as a manager of Carmine's on Rush).

Now, I wonder what relationship Donny Greco may have with the Donald Greco who pled guilty to cocaine distribution in 1987. In 1987, the CPD gambling squad executed a search warrant on Christ Savides' Park Ridge condo. Savides was described as an organized crime figure and CPD was looking for evidence related to a gambling ring. As it turns out, they stumbled onto a major cocaine deal, as Savides, Joseph Pace, Donald Greco, and Anthony Besase were found in the condo with 10 kilos of coke (along with gambling paraphernalia and weapons). Besase, who lived in Toledo, was described as an organized crime figure there, so he was evidently a relative of Detroit member Anthony "Whitey" Besase. Police discovered that Besase's vehicle, registered in OH, contained an electronically-operated hidden compartment and receipts indicating that Besase had recently traveled through Georgia and Indiana. Investigators thus believed that Besase was supplying the Savides group, driving cocaine up from FL to Chicago; Savides and his guys were in turn wholesalers supplying local Chicago-area distributors (Pace was found with records that investigators believed were receipts for cocaine sales). Savides apparently had other drug connections in Chicago, as he was also surveilled by the DEA meeting with a number of unnamed "major narcotics traffickers". Donny Greco may be too young to be the same Donald Greco (who only received 1 year in prison), but he may well be a relative.
Funny I just heard today that Donny Greco is not the owner of Donny G’s anymore. He was forced out last year by his partner Tony Calaro. No idea why. They still kept the name Donny G’s which I’m sure Donny Greco is not happy about. I have not been there in a while and didn’t hear about it. Supposedly he’s going to open another place. Before Donny G’s he was a partner in Club Lucky which I have never been too. Heard it’s good though.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:54 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:12 am

Funny I just heard today that Donny Greco is not the owner of Donny G’s anymore. He was forced out last year by his partner Tony Calaro. No idea why. They still kept the name Donny G’s which I’m sure Donny Greco is not happy about. I have not been there in a while and didn’t hear about it. Supposedly he’s going to open another place. Before Donny G’s he was a partner in Club Lucky which I have never been too. Heard it’s good though.
Huh, I wonder what happened there. Calaro I know is a booking agent or promoter so I assume that he’s been responsible for booking the musical acts there. In 2020, looks like Calaro was sued by the Village of Lombard, but I’m not sure what that was about. Calaro seems to be connected (not sure if business or family) to a guy named Achille Carbonara, who I believe is an immigrant from Bari; ever heard that name before (people with that surname in Triggiano, Bari who connect to Chicago)?