Sicilians working for Stanfa?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Sicilians working for Stanfa?

Post by Adam »

So it gets brought up a lot about the Sicilians that Stanfa brought into the Philly organization. I always thought it got more attention than it deserved. Freselone who was terrible about giving information about what was going on in Philly really made a big deal of it in Blood Oath for some reason. But I wondered if anyone ever came up with a list? This is what I have of members/associates with Stanfa who were born in Sicily. It's not very long:

Biagio Adornetto
Sergio Battaglia
Santo Bravata
Rosario Bellocchi
Giussepe Gallara
Giussepe Palazzolo
And maybe Joseph Stanfa? Can't remember if he was born in the US or if Stanfa was still in Italy at that time.

But that's all I've got. Anyone have anybody else?
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Sicilians working for Stanfa?

Post by Adam »

Oh and I realize now that Stanfa came to the US in the 60s, so Joseph was probably born here.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Was Stanfa's nephew Nicasio Zagone ever confirmed to have associated with his uncle? His murder has always been said to be accidental or unrelated but never seen a solid explanation. Zagone was from Caccamo.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

What about Luigi Tripodi? Not sure if he was born here or not.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:34 pm What about Luigi Tripodi? Not sure if he was born here or not.
There was a 1962 arrival of a Luigi Tripodi from Italy to Philadelphia, so I’m assuming that was him.

Was Tripodi Sicilian though? Tripodi is much more common in Calabria than Sicily. There were already Tripodis from Reggio Calabria in Philly, and later arrivals tended to follow the same patterns of chain migration to places were their family/paesani settled in prior generations. If he was Sicilian, I’d assume he was likely Messines’.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Philly520
Prospect

Post by Philly520 »

Nicaso and Joseph both born in the United States. The shooting was mistaken identity as Nicaso was working for stanfas brother in law who was married to his sister Lucy at the time.
Philly520
Prospect

Post by Philly520 »

B. wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:21 pm Was Stanfa's nephew Nicasio Zagone ever confirmed to have associated with his uncle? His murder has always been said to be accidental or unrelated but never seen a solid explanation. Zagone was from Caccamo.
His father Nicaso and mother Josephine were both born abroad . He was a carpenter and never associated with organized crime. No other member of stanfas family outside his son Joe. He has sisters still living in south Philadelphia but all relatives civilians.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who was the Sicilian that was engaged to Stanfas daughter (Sarah I think) at the time? He was young and did not have US citizenship I believe
Philly520
Prospect

Post by Philly520 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:59 pm Who was the Sicilian that was engaged to Stanfas daughter (Sarah I think) at the time? He was young and did not have US citizenship I believe
Rosario Bellocchi
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Philly520 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:09 pm
B. wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:21 pm Was Stanfa's nephew Nicasio Zagone ever confirmed to have associated with his uncle? His murder has always been said to be accidental or unrelated but never seen a solid explanation. Zagone was from Caccamo.
His father Nicaso and mother Josephine were both born abroad . He was a carpenter and never associated with organized crime. No other member of stanfas family outside his son Joe. He has sisters still living in south Philadelphia but all relatives civilians.
One of the Philly newspapers mentioned that the hit on Zagone may have been meant for a Frank Gulino who at one time worked for Stanfa. Not sure if Gulino was Italian though.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Tripodi was a calabrian