Angel Gotti

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoeCamel
Straightened out

Re: Angel Gotti

Post by JoeCamel »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:16 am
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:10 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:43 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:26 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:22 pm I heard on one of those youtube channels that angel gotti isnt really john gotti's daughter?
I've never met an Italian girl names Angel in my life. I know allot of Puerto Rican girls names Angel though.. :mrgreen:
Ángel is a male name in Spanish and very common as a given name for Puerto Rican men. The female equivalent is Ángela.
You hang out with a lot of Latinos right? Lol
Yeah man, Caribbeans (PR/DR/Cuban).
Right because you know a lot about us, what state you from?
Chicago, but moved to NYC years ago.
Cool, the Bronx probably since Someone above mentioned you hung out with boricuas a lot. That’s wassup, there’s a lot of them up there
Yup, in the Bx. Major PR population in Chicago as well which is concentrated in the part of the city that I’m from. Not as many Dominicans in Chicago but most of them there live in the PR community so I also had a bunch of Dominican friends as well growing up (unlike NYC with all the Cibaeños, like 90% of the Dominicans in Chicago are from San Juan de la Maguana).
Oh wow well you’ll find a Dominican anywhere in the world lol. My dad is from San Juan de la Maguana, you know they’re known for black magic and witchcraft?
You know anyone in Lawrence MA? The joke is Where can you find the DR on a map? Between methuan and North Andover
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm First time I talked to Tony off the board I thought he was a Puerto Rican gangbanger from the Bronx pretending to be a Polack English major online. Not even joking, guy could have a rap career if he wanted.
He sounds exactly like Manny Montana from Mayans MC to me. When we're on the phone that's who I imagine is on the other line.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:44 am
B. wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm First time I talked to Tony off the board I thought he was a Puerto Rican gangbanger from the Bronx pretending to be a Polack English major online. Not even joking, guy could have a rap career if he wanted.
He sounds exactly like Manny Montana from Mayans MC to me. When we're on the phone that's who I imagine is on the other line.
The History Channel series "Gangland" did an episode on my hood. This is the world that I came (and escaped) from. Let's say I knew a number of the people featured in this episode and their families. Anyone from Chicago, I can just tell them that I come from Humboldt Park and went to Roberto Clemente HS, and they'll understand what that means.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5f3a8k
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 am
The History Channel series "Gangland" did an episode on my hood. This is the world that I came (and escaped) from. Let's say I knew a number of the people featured in this episode and their families. Anyone from Chicago, I can just tell them that I come from Humboldt Park and went to Roberto Clemente HS, and they'll understand what that means.

Your background in Chicago and on the streets gives you very interesting insight and 'common sense' knowledge on this subject in a way that others cannot grasp. Even though (as far as I know) you were never an Outfit associate, you lived in the same world they did. It shows in your expertise in all of us. Salut.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

JoeCamel wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:56 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:22 pm I heard on one of those youtube channels that angel gotti isnt really john gotti's daughter?
I've never met an Italian girl names Angel in my life. I know allot of Puerto Rican girls names Angel though.. :mrgreen:
Ángel is a male name in Spanish and very common as a given name for Puerto Rican men. The female equivalent is Ángela.
Cool, the Bronx probably since Someone above mentioned you hung out with boricuas a lot. That’s wassup, there’s a lot of them up there
Yup, in the Bx. Major PR population in Chicago as well which is concentrated in the part of the city that I’m from. Not as many Dominicans in Chicago but most of them there live in the PR community so I also had a bunch of Dominican friends as well growing up (unlike NYC with all the Cibaeños, like 90% of the Dominicans in Chicago are from San Juan de la Maguana).
Oh wow well you’ll find a Dominican anywhere in the world lol. My dad is from San Juan de la Maguana, you know they’re known for black magic and witchcraft?
You know anyone in Lawrence MA? The joke is Where can you find the DR on a map? Between methuan and North Andover
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 pm
🤣🤣🤣🤣
One of my best buddies in college with a New York Dominican named Rey. He ended up marrying a girl from Nebraska or Iowa, one of those places and he he moved there. Been awhile since we spoke but he managed to fit in well over there despite his east coast roots. They were Sonny and Cher in the sense that she liked The Sound of Music and he was into Reggaeton.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Tony are you calling Angel a Puerto Rican man..?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Rocco wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 pm
Tony are you calling Angel a Puerto Rican man..?
Unlike in Spanish, in English Angel can be a male or female name.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Joeyboy1982 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:35 pm
AntComello wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:43 am I thought angel and weirdo Jeff were buddies?
Not anymore. Canarsie sided with fat bald sicilian during this beef over another youtuber who exposes and roasts rats. Canarsie was jealous. Mob Rats Exposed is the youtube channel. He completely exposed and destroyed Jeff too. It was fucking brilliant
What did he do to Canarsie?? Lol mob talk is back on YouTube so I been listening to it

I like that he at least got the genre going for the YouTube’s

But what did MRE say about Canarsie?
I think rn MRE isn’t liked anymore - something about having raciest tattoos or something
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:01 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 pm
🤣🤣🤣🤣
One of my best buddies in college with a New York Dominican named Rey. He ended up marrying a girl from Nebraska or Iowa, one of those places and he he moved there. Been awhile since we spoke but he managed to fit in well over there despite his east coast roots. They were Sonny and Cher in the sense that she liked The Sound of Music and he was into Reggaeton.
What a mix, the Dominican dream is to become a resident of the United States of America 🤣.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:22 pm
Reminds me of Carmine/Carmen. Every Carmine I've met is an Italian male, every Carmen I've met is a Puerto Rican female. I can't explain Carmen Milano.

Carmen is carbon.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:22 pm
Reminds me of Carmine/Carmen. Every Carmine I've met is an Italian male, every Carmen I've met is a Puerto Rican female. I can't explain Carmen Milano.
Like Angel, Carmen is a unisex name in English. You’ve probably seen this, but when you go back in the day it was common for Italians to Anglicize the male given name Carmine to “Carmen” (hence Milano). In Spanish, Carmen is, traditionally short for María del Carmen (i.e, Our Lady of Mt Carmel). So, in Spanish (same in French), Carmen is a female name and the male equivalent is Carmelo. In Italian, of course, it’s Carmine (though sometimes also Carmelo) for men and Carmella for women. They’re all derivates of the Hebrew “karmel” (God’s garden, essentially). In more recent decades, you really don’t see Italian-Americans using Carmen for Carmine anymore. I suspect that with the rise of the Hispanic population in this country, Carmen as a male name started sounding too girly; plus, there’s not nearly the sort of pressure to Anglicize Italian given names like there used to be.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I mean, San Juan was the birthplace of Olivorio Mateo aka Papá Liborio, el santo vivo, so the reputation isn’t unjustified.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Bro... I'm not gone lie... I always heard Roberto Clemente was rough, but I couldn't get over the escalators. The same school used to be on Division, right?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lol, so they did BOTH our hoods. Kinda funny