Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 pm Not disgusting at all that you would bring up underage girls and their menstrual cycles either to try and attack a grown man. Looks like we know what youre really like.
:lol:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm Paul Volpe and his crew?
Volpe was from Hamilton and a member of the Luppinos no?
I know he moved he moved to Toronto but thats about it.
IIRC.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 pm
IIRC.
Paul Volpe was born in Toronto and always considered Maggadinos guy in Toronto. Again, what are you talking about?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 pm
IIRC.
Volpe was close to the Luppino’s and Bordonaro families. Early on he had some things going on in Hamilton with the Luppino’s but eventually had problems with Papalia and so after that he focused mainly on his hometown of Toronto. He was absolutely 100% the main Buffalo family member based in Toronto but not the only one. Hamilton and Toronto are only 40 miles away from each other so you had Hamilton guys with rackets in Toronto and Vice versa.

All this from ICED by Schneider. If you haven’t read this book and you’re in here arguing against people who have you’re fighting an uphill battle.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

ALso Guy Panepinto and Enio Mora. They were close with rizzuto but originally buffalo guys
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

That makes 10 Buffalo members that we know of/that are documented operating in Toronto
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:34 amAll this from ICED by Schneider. If you haven’t read this book and you’re in here arguing against people who have you’re fighting an uphill battle.
Appreciate the suggestion. Will do.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:22 am That makes 10 Buffalo members that we know of/that are documented operating in Toronto
Nope it doesn't.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:22 am That makes 10 Buffalo members that we know of/that are documented operating in Toronto
Nope it doesn't.
Seek education and therapy asap
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

One other thing I’d like to mention is that when people say ‘The Luppino’s’ they mean the Buffalo family whether they know it or not.

The Luppino’s are part and parcel to the Buffalo family they are not something separate.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
From ch. 7 of Iced:

Violi gained his Canadian citizenship in 1956 and by the early 1960s he was running bootleg liquor into Toronto from Quebec, where dozens of clandestine stills operated by the mafia were each turning out hundreds of gallons of 165-proof liquor on a daily basis. In 1961, Violi was convicted of possessing illegally manufactured liquor (and was rumoured to have used his trips to the Toronto courthouse to run booze into Ontario). Around this time Paolo was also ingratiating himself with Giacomo Luppino, the leader of the ’Ndrangheta in Hamilton who reported to Buffalo mob boss Stefano Magaddino. Because Paolo was the son of his old friend Domenico, Luppino took him under his wing and even allowed him to court his daughter Grazia. Whatever Paolo’s intentions may have been toward Luppino’s daughter, it was an astute move by a young man desperate to join the ranks of the mafia.

In 1963, Paolo left Ontario for Montreal, supposedly on the orders of Luppino so he would not clash with another ambitious Hamilton mobster named John Papalia. Accounts differ on whether Magaddino approved of Violi coming within the orbit of the Montreal mafia and, by extension, the Bonanno Family. While it is possible that Magaddino may have felt betrayed by the move — and was reportedly persuaded to spare Paolo’s life by Luppino — some also believe that he backed the decision to send Violi to Quebec and may even have instigated it to provide him with a toehold in the province. When he arrived in Montreal, Paolo opened Violi Pizzeria in the city’s north end, which he used as his base to extort members of the Italian community of St. Leonard. He also became involved in currency counterfeiting, while continuing to run bootleg liquor to Ontario. Before long, he had befriended Frank and Vic Cotroni and used the association as a stepping stone to become a part of the Cotroni organization, to which he was already paying tribute. At the same time, he maintained close ties with the Luppino family and, in 1965, took Grazia Luppino as his bride. Violi now had the best of both worlds: he was part of Ontario ’Ndrangheta royalty while expanding his influence with Quebec’s leading mafia clan.

Violi became an important bridge between the Hamilton and Montreal mafia decinas, while also playing an emissary role with other families within and outside of Canada.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
And to make matters more complicated:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... f6053a1a47

All the articles in my Evernote item may have at least something of interest to posters, but please see Peter Moon's article "Evidence on crime society in dispute" for the relevant discussion of the posts from the last few days.

Edited to add: I fixed the link above.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:58 pm Corruption News about NYS State’s 60’th Senate district whose seat that has been held by disgrace senators Marc Panepinto and current State Supreme Court Judge Mark Grisanti (who received his judgeship from Cuomo after his senate loss) who is being investigated for abusing his office throwing his name around and family relationships BPD ago get he and his wife out of trouble. Happened more than once - but a neighbor finally got some of it on tape. See: https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonew ... 9.amp.html

Anyway here is the new news:

In fact the spring of 2014, two years after former Erie County Legislator Charles M. Swanick ran unsuccessfully in a four-way bid for the 60th State Senate District, an FBI agent pulled up in front of his Town of Tonawanda house.

"I was speechless. I thought: What did I do?" Swanick said.

Over the next four hours, Swanick recalled, he heard allegations from the investigator that Swanick was "never meant to win" that election and that his decades-long friends – Steve Casey, then the deputy mayor to Byron W. Brown, and political operative G. Steven Pigeon – had coordinated with the incumbent Mark Grisanti to set up Swanick as a spoiler.

Link: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... ec824.html
Hearing focuses on Judge Mark J. Grisanti’s conduct during 2020 fracas with police

…A state judge from Buffalo is fighting to keep his job during a disciplinary hearing this week.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... 5f451.html
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Cross-posting.
————————-
Three-part article.

I tracked down Canada’s most notorious hitman. This is the revealing, intimate story of his rise from broken boy to Mob killer https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... iller.html

Shock. Fear. Shame. What the Mob killer told me about his first sloppy job – and his most infamous hit https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... s-hit.html

I was starting to like the hitman on the phone. And the more he bared his soul, the more I regretted asking him to relive his violent past https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... -past.html
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am Cross-posting.
————————-
Three-part article.

I tracked down Canada’s most notorious hitman. This is the revealing, intimate story of his rise from broken boy to Mob killer https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... iller.html

Shock. Fear. Shame. What the Mob killer told me about his first sloppy job – and his most infamous hit https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... s-hit.html

I was starting to like the hitman on the phone. And the more he bared his soul, the more I regretted asking him to relive his violent past https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... -past.html

Anyway you could post parts 2 and 3. Hit paywall after I read the first part and I was starting to get into it lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.