New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

richard_belding
Straightened out

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by richard_belding »

His post topics have been fantastic as of late, not to mention some damn rare photos. The Frank Bonino article cleared up a good deal on the Brooklyn Gambino crews in the early 60s
richard_belding
Straightened out

Also finally a photo of Dominic Somma 👏
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

PolackTony wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:21 pm
B. wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 pm The way the Genovese Family handles problems is like an art form in that life.

"If you don't kill our associates who tried to kill you, we'll save our associate who helped you. We'd do the same thing in your position. The soldier who authorized it? No comment."

Fades to black, then pieces of the guy's fully dismembered body wash ashore.
It won’t be cinematic.
Post of the day.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

richard_belding wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:24 pm Also finally a photo of Dominic Somma 👏
Richard your avatar scares the F out of me.
Please change it.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Read somewhere a while back the guy in the middle of this photo with the Meldish brothers was Sal Tozzi:

Based on the photo LCNBios shared he does resemble a young Tozzi:

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

B. wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 pm Read somewhere a while back the guy in the middle of this photo with the Meldish brothers was Sal Tozzi:

We should ask Calandra about the Tiozzi murder
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I thought that's Angelo prisco I the picture with the melding brothers
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Machine gun
richard_belding
Straightened out

B. wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 pm Read somewhere a while back the guy in the middle of this photo with the Meldish brothers was Sal Tozzi:

IIRC the Meldish brothers photo is circa early 70’s. If this was Tozzi in 1969 it doesn’t resemble the man in the photo:
D90744D1-F95B-4982-9D23-1402A3F32D5A.jpeg
Always looked more like Thomas Ricciardi to me than anyone else. But again, timeline needs to match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

You're right the young mugshot really doesn't look like him beyond similar build / face shape. Also JD's write-up on him doesn't indicate he ran with that crowd, really the only connection would be that he was proposed alongside Basciano who ran in the same circles as the Meldishes.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Not sure if it is Prisco (don't know that I've seen a photo of him that young), but my assumption would be it was a kid from East Harlem, while Tozzi grew up downtown. Maybe Scott D knows?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JoeNGallo
On Record

Post by JoeNGallo »

Updated: Anthony Raimondi (Bonanno)
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with some Colombo info.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

So Giannattasio sponsored Persico into the Family, great to know.
2. Carmine 'Junior' Persico (1933-2019): Recently appointed Capodecina. Formerly under Harry Fontana. Appointed Underboss in 1980. Elected Boss shortly thereafter and held the position through the next couple of decades.
Not trying to read too far into this, but this seems to say Persico was boss through the early 2000s opposed to until his death, which was close to four decades after he became boss.

One of the last big Colombo indictments from the 2010s had Carmine as official boss but with Allie as acting boss from prison, with Russo as "street boss". Made it sound like Allie was the one making decisions from prison by that time.

Curious if he's come across some info that suggests Carmine stepped down earlier or if I'm reading too far into what he wrote. The most recent bust seems to suggest they elected Andy Russo after Carmine's death. However what DiLeonardo recently said about the Gambinos not recognizing Carmine (moreso being noncommital about it) for a time when Pete Gotti was acting boss in the late 90s makes me wonder if more has been going on.

We know most of the Colombo Family didn't recognize Carmine for a time during the war. There was that "peace" meeting where the Persico faction started the meeting by asking the Orena guys if they recognized Carmine as boss and when they said they didn't it devolved into a shouting match until everyone left.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few