Current Restaurants/bars owned by made guys ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Current Restaurants/bars owned by made guys ?

Post by PolackTony »

Zaza Tavola Italiana in Lake Barrington, IL is owned by reputed Chicago member Massimo LoBue and his father Filippo LoBue (allegedly a former corrupt cop in Trabia, Palermo). The former Cafe Cappuccino locations on Harlem Ave and Grand Ave and spin off restaurant Cafe Cappuccino Trattoria in River West (I believe all closed now) were owned by the Lappo family, who very likely were/are Sacra Corona Unità affiliates operating in Chicago. The Capri restaurants in Suburban Chicago are owned by the Rovitos, a family from Cosenza, Calabria who have long been rumored to be Outfit associates. Bella Notte on Grand Ave has long been stated to be controlled by Chicago member Bobby Bellavia or his family, though they aren’t the owners on paper. Richard’s Bar on Grand Ave is run by long time Outfit associate Bobby Dominic’s sister Susan. The Aberdeen Tap near Grand Ave is owned by Outfit associate/possible member Christy Spina. Forno Rosso on Harlem Ave is owned by Nick Nitti, brother of reputed Chicago member Jason Nitti. Danny’s Deli and Cuzzins Restaurant in Des Plaines were owned by Carl Dote, Outfit bookie and brother of associate/possible member Tony Dote. The famous Tony Spavone, singer and restauranteur in Addison, IL, and long reputed Outfit associate, is the son of a Camorrista and nephew of Antonio Spavone, former capo of a Camorra clan in Napoli city. There are others I’m sure around Chicagoland, but these are the current or recent ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Im not sure he is still an owner of Rosebuds Joe Andriacchi
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

TSNYC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am Carmine Russo used to own Baby O’s, pizza spot on Park Row near city hall. Think it closed
Really? Is that why he got his nickname Baby Carmine ... or was the place named because of his nickname? Is he still alive and active? NY Times had an article about money and the mob a long time ago and referenced him living with his Mom on Mulberry street, selling fireworks to kids and plastic bags at the Fish Market. Was always interested in the guy ever since reading that lol
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm Zaza Tavola Italiana in Lake Barrington, IL is owned by reputed Chicago member Massimo LoBue and his father Filippo LoBue (allegedly a former corrupt cop in Trabia, Palermo). The former Cafe Cappuccino locations on Harlem Ave and Grand Ave and spin off restaurant Cafe Cappuccino Trattoria in River West (I believe all closed now) were owned by the Lappo family, who very likely were/are Sacra Corona Unità affiliates operating in Chicago. The Capri restaurants in Suburban Chicago are owned by the Rovitos, a family from Cosenza, Calabria who have long been rumored to be Outfit associates. Bella Notte on Grand Ave has long been stated to be controlled by Chicago member Bobby Bellavia or his family, though they aren’t the owners on paper. Richard’s Bar on Grand Ave is run by long time Outfit associate Bobby Dominic’s sister Susan. The Aberdeen Tap near Grand Ave is owned by Outfit associate/possible member Christy Spina. Forno Rosso on Harlem Ave is owned by Nick Nitti, brother of reputed Chicago member Jason Nitti. Danny’s Deli and Cuzzins Restaurant in Des Plaines were owned by Carl Dote, Outfit bookie and brother of associate/possible member Tony Dote. The famous Tony Spavone, singer and restauranteur in Addison, IL, and long reputed Outfit associate, is the son of a Camorrista and nephew of Antonio Spavone, former capo of a Camorra clan in Napoli city. There are others I’m sure around Chicagoland, but these are the current or recent ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
Spavone's is in Bloomingdale. Is that guy still alive? I recall Bella Notte being Jimmy Cozzo's place, but I could be wrong. Bellavia is from Taylor Street originally but lived in Addison for a long time. Rosebud on Taylor was Joe Andriacci's place, using Alex Dana as a front.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Honestly no idea. Chicken or the egg thing I guess. Him and Albanese were brokesters.

There’s other place near Old St Pats, Cafetal, owned by Louie Eggs Consalvo. No idea if he’s still involved. I attend masses at old st pats every now and then, and the prior pastor always talked about louie and all the work he did for the parish.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:54 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm Zaza Tavola Italiana in Lake Barrington, IL is owned by reputed Chicago member Massimo LoBue and his father Filippo LoBue (allegedly a former corrupt cop in Trabia, Palermo). The former Cafe Cappuccino locations on Harlem Ave and Grand Ave and spin off restaurant Cafe Cappuccino Trattoria in River West (I believe all closed now) were owned by the Lappo family, who very likely were/are Sacra Corona Unità affiliates operating in Chicago. The Capri restaurants in Suburban Chicago are owned by the Rovitos, a family from Cosenza, Calabria who have long been rumored to be Outfit associates. Bella Notte on Grand Ave has long been stated to be controlled by Chicago member Bobby Bellavia or his family, though they aren’t the owners on paper. Richard’s Bar on Grand Ave is run by long time Outfit associate Bobby Dominic’s sister Susan. The Aberdeen Tap near Grand Ave is owned by Outfit associate/possible member Christy Spina. Forno Rosso on Harlem Ave is owned by Nick Nitti, brother of reputed Chicago member Jason Nitti. Danny’s Deli and Cuzzins Restaurant in Des Plaines were owned by Carl Dote, Outfit bookie and brother of associate/possible member Tony Dote. The famous Tony Spavone, singer and restauranteur in Addison, IL, and long reputed Outfit associate, is the son of a Camorrista and nephew of Antonio Spavone, former capo of a Camorra clan in Napoli city. There are others I’m sure around Chicagoland, but these are the current or recent ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
Spavone's is in Bloomingdale. Is that guy still alive? I recall Bella Notte being Jimmy Cozzo's place, but I could be wrong. Bellavia is from Taylor Street originally but lived in Addison for a long time. Rosebud on Taylor was Joe Andriacci's place, using Alex Dana as a front.
Yeah, Bloomingdale, thanks. I was thinking of Venuti’s (not aware that the Venuti family is connected as well, but wouldn’t surprise me). Not aware that the Cozzos were ever formally affiliated with Bella Notte. Lombardo used to frequent Bella Notte, so I would imagine that the Cozzos did as well. Bellavia did grow up by Taylor St (I have the Bellavias as living on the 800 block of W Arthington), but it has been alleged for years that Bellavia is behind Bella Notte, though his family aren’t the actual owners. Bella Notte was started by Giovanni Liuzzi (I believe an immigrant from Bari) and Ramón Aguirre, who came up as a chef under Alex Dana. Today, the Aguirre family are the official owners of Bella Notte. Bellavia being a Taylor St guy originally wouldn’t mean he doesn’t back a Grand Ave restaurant, of course. Bobby Dominic grew up by Polk and Kedzie (he went to St Mel’s HS), but he definitely is the guy behind Richard’s, and may have been the owner of the entire building where Richard’s and La Scarola are located. Per info that Antiliar has shared recently, Bobby Dominic is still reputed to be under the control of the Cicero crew, even though he’s obviously been very close to the Grand Ave guys.
Last edited by PolackTony on Fri May 20, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Interesting, thanks Tony. Used to love Bella Notte. The older Bellavia is in his '80s now so I imagine he's not doing much of anything. The son is a spaccone.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:19 pm Interesting, thanks Tony. Used to love Bella Notte. The older Bellavia is in his '80s now so I imagine he's not doing much of anything. The son is a spaccone.
See edits to above regarding Bobby Dominic as well (going to post about him in the “Origins” thread). After they opened in ‘95, I used to go to Bella Notte with my family all the time, the food was really excellent and we understood that the place was frequented by Outfit guys (which is always a sign that the food is good, lol). Saw a lot of characters there, wish I knew who some of these people were back then, but I was a kid.

The Baresi really had Grand Ave sown up in the 90s. You had Liuzzi with Bella Notte, the Lappos with Cafe Cappuccino, Bari Deli, and of course, La Scarola, which was founded by Joey Mondelli, also from Bari. My impression was that the original Oggi (when it was still at Grand and Noble), was also run by Baresi, but I’m not 100% sure. Cafe Cappuccino, at least, was connected to the SCU, wouldn’t all surprise me if some of these other Baresi were also connected to both the SCU and the local Outfit.

I don’t personally know Chucky Bellavia, but that’s my impression as well. Not uncommon with guys from connected families who have a name that people know.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Barry Nicolo has a restaurant in NJ he’s Genovese
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:39 pm
SonnyC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:19 pm Interesting, thanks Tony. Used to love Bella Notte. The older Bellavia is in his '80s now so I imagine he's not doing much of anything. The son is a spaccone.
See edits to above regarding Bobby Dominic as well (going to post about him in the “Origins” thread). After they opened in ‘95, I used to go to Bella Notte with my family all the time, the food was really excellent and we understood that the place was frequented by Outfit guys (which is always a sign that the food is good, lol). Saw a lot of characters there, wish I knew who some of these people were back then, but I was a kid.

The Baresi really had Grand Ave sown up in the 90s. You had Liuzzi with Bella Notte, the Lappos with Cafe Cappuccino, Bari Deli, and of course, La Scarola, which was founded by Joey Mondelli, also from Bari. My impression was that the original Oggi (when it was still at Grand and Noble), was also run by Baresi, but I’m not 100% sure. Cafe Cappuccino, at least, was connected to the SCU, wouldn’t all surprise me if some of these other Baresi were also connected to both the SCU and the local Outfit.

I don’t personally know Chucky Bellavia, but that’s my impression as well. Not uncommon with guys from connected families who have a name that people know.
My wife and I ate there fairly often in the late '90s. We took one of my wife's out of town friends there one night, and she wondered rather loudly whether anyone from the mafia ate there. It was pretty funny.

Gianotti's another big hang out. Don Angelini might have been the silent owner.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

NEW PARKs on paper owner is female I believe. They def kick up but not sure of their structure. Roccaforte family worked the counter.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

In Peter PS testimony he says there is an Allie who owns a pizzeria in Manhattan. Anyone know it?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Philly d wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 pm In Peter PS testimony he says there is an Allie who owns a pizzeria in Manhattan. Anyone know it?
That's Alphonso's Pizzeria owned by Alphonse DiPilato
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Frankie Felini’s Cafe is Dom Grande’s place
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:33 am
Philly d wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 pm In Peter PS testimony he says there is an Allie who owns a pizzeria in Manhattan. Anyone know it?
That's Alphonso's Pizzeria owned by Alphonse DiPilato
thx. Any good?