New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

axx
Straightened out

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by axx »

Like he posted in another blog post, Scialo was already walking on thin ice before that incident. Was it Cantalupo who first mentioned the insult story? Could be just another fantasy tale.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with some Gambino info.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:38 pm He gets his info from FBI files and extensive research. A master at FOIA requests, etc.

He told me the DeMeo crew is actually what got him more deeply interested in researching the mafia years back. I think one of his first big posts on the Real Deal was a bunch of DeMeo crew photos nobody had seen before.
It's interesting how a lot of fairly substantial things that he has brought up aren't mentioned at all in Murder Machine. Crew members like Paul Dordal, certain hits, etc. Though if I were him I'd move all the "unidentified victims" in the DeMeo hits list to the "potential victims" column.

That Darkness Underneath guy on YouTube has unearthed some rare stuff, too. He swears to me that Albert DeMeo died in 2017, though I haven't followed up with him about it. He got in touch with Chris Rosenberg's widow who was like "talking about those people is the LAST thing I was to do."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JoeNGallo
On Record

Post by JoeNGallo »

New article on Genovese member, George Zappola.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

JoeNGallo wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:43 am New article on Genovese member, George Zappola.
Father of current alleged Lucchese Capodecina George Zappola, Jr.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Off the top of my head, it’s amazing with the Genovese. With so few high level rats, we really have no idea who was actually a part of a lot of their hits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A few more details from the Gigante indictment:
Gigante met again with Gravano in the early 1980s after young associates in the crew of "Georgie Rush" Zappola, a Member of the Genovese Family, had wounded Nicky "Cowboy," a Gambino Family associate.

Robert Scarpacci, a Genovese associate, told Gravano that the young man who had shot at Nicky "Cowboy" had, with other youngsters in Zappola's crew, hatched a plot to kill Gravano in order to create enough confusion so that they would get "lost in the shuffle." Gravano told the story to his Captain, Toto Auriello, who passed it on to Paul Castellano, who in turn directed Tommy Bilotti, a Gambino Captain, to "reach out" to the Genovese Family.

At the meeting that followed Gravano told Gigante of the plot on his life. Gigante asked who had given Gravano the information. When Gravano replied that it was Scarpacci, Gigante said he was going to kill Scarpacci because he should have told the story to Gigante before going to the Gambino Family.

Conceding that Gravano had a right to kill the young men who had concocted the plot, Gigante requested a "pass" for them because they were the sons of Carli Pietro, a missing Genovese Member. Gravano agreed not to kill them provided Gigante would give a "pass" to Scarpacci for saving his life. Gigante agreed, saying that Gravano had made "a good request," and that he "would do the same thing" if in Gravano's position. He then gave Gravano his "word" that "we'll never hurt" Scarpacci.

A second meeting was held to hear Zappola's explanation for the attempt to kill Gravano. Gigante did not attend but his brother Mario did, saying that he was there not to make a decision but only to "hear the story" and "bring it back" to his brother. At this meeting, Zappola's excuse was plainly ridiculous. Soon thereafter he was killed
The bolded part is very interesting... Gigante felt he had to kill Scarpaci as a matter of protocol, but also acknowledged that Gravano's request for a "pass" was the right thing to do.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Is this the same Scarpaci that ended up with the Gambinos? In the mid 90s a Robert Scarpaci was named in court as a Gambino soldier. I believe he was around George DeCicco.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The way the Genovese Family handles problems is like an art form in that life.

"If you don't kill our associates who tried to kill you, we'll save our associate who helped you. We'd do the same thing in your position. The soldier who authorized it? No comment."

Fades to black, then pieces of the guy's fully dismembered body wash ashore.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

B. wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 pm The way the Genovese Family handles problems is like an art form in that life.

"If you don't kill our associates who tried to kill you, we'll save our associate who helped you. We'd do the same thing in your position. The soldier who authorized it? No comment."

What do they mean by that?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Was just paraphrasing/summarizing what Gravano said.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 pm The way the Genovese Family handles problems is like an art form in that life.

It won’t be cinematic.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I could read his work all day.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

One certainly gets the impression that, as one of his underlings, the margin of error with Chin was very small.
All roads lead to New York.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Two new posts, one about Bonanno member Salvatore Tozzi, and one on Milwaukee soldier Benedetto DiSalvo.