Patriarca induction ceremonies?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Patriarca induction ceremonies?

Post by davidf1989 »

Would the mobsters in Providence such as St. Laurent, Baby Shacks, and Deluca have known about Bulger and Flemmi?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:12 pm Even 1 full crew in Providence may be a stretch at this point. In 2011 the Feds said the Providence faction was decimated with only 1 or 2 active members. Today there are less than 10 members in Rhode Island and almost all of them are inactive. Though it is possible that the current UnderBoss (Eddie Lato) is out of Providence.
Wow. So providence gone.

You'd have to assume 3 crews in Boston? Mid 2000's at 45ish, assume dropped by a third since then, leaves 30 members. Including inactive and imprisoned, 3 crews at 5/6 members ea and 15ish inactive/imprisoned/admin?

Fair guess?

There were 5 Captains in Boston in the late 1980s so 3 now sounds about right but who knows. I doubt there is a Consigliere. The last mention of an Official Consigliere that I can recall was Rocco Argenti who died in 2002. In 2010 Mark Rossetti was the Acting Consigliere but he was indicted by the state police and it was revealed that he had been a long time informant for the FBI. In 2011 when LE said said Providence was decimated they also said that the Boss and UnderBoss were in Boston and made no mention of a Consigliere.

Does anyone recall seeing a Consigliere mentioned since then?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:25 pm
Even 1 full crew in Providence may be a stretch at this point. In 2011 the Feds said the Providence faction was decimated with only 1 or 2 active members. Today there are less than 10 members in Rhode Island and almost all of them are inactive. Though it is possible that the current UnderBoss (Eddie Lato) is out of Providence.
Only 6 by my count. What's left of the mob in New England is effectively a Boston organization.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:23 pmYou'd have to assume 3 crews in Boston? Mid 2000's at 45ish, assume dropped by a third since then, leaves 30 members. Including inactive and imprisoned, 3 crews at 5/6 members ea and 15ish inactive/imprisoned/admin?

Fair guess?
Closer to 20 members in Boston now.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:43 am
Does anyone recall seeing a Consigliere mentioned since then?
Why Ponytail Parillilo, of course. :D
All roads lead to New York.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

I think Matty Guglielmetti is the highest ranking member in Providence now. But besides he and Lato and that Joe Ruggiero guy, I don't know who is on the streets now for made guys. I assume there are a fair share of associates still though.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@ P-Town and WG. Cheers and thanks gents.

WG: 20 members includes zero new inducted members though. We havent had info on a NE induction ceremony this century have we. And they almost certainly wouldve had one/two ceremonies in the last two decades. that kicks your twenty number closer to my 30?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i think IMO with the dinunzio brothers and matt g they inducted probaly a handfull of guys in the last few years those guys are in it for life. they probaly made all the guys they were locked up with or just guys who been asscoiated since the 90tys
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

no ones committing murders to get a button so im sure there just making tough guys and money makers the same way they do it in nyc. i read at rhode islands peak which im guessing is 1980 they only had 16 made guys and boston had 20. also revere was direct with ray sr whe he was alive and conn was with them and a few guys around worcester and the burbs. to take a wild guess and a high 1 i would think theres 12 made guys in rhode island probaly 20 in massachusetts
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:52 pm @ P-Town and WG. Cheers and thanks gents.

WG: 20 members includes zero new inducted members though. We havent had info on a NE induction ceremony this century have we. And they almost certainly wouldve had one/two ceremonies in the last two decades. that kicks your twenty number closer to my 30?

There have been a few ceremonies in the last 20 years. In total the Patrarica family's membership is likely somewhere in the 30s range.

2002:
Anthony Rizzo
-William “Billy” Angelesco was indicted as a member in 2006. Considering his age he is a good candidate for the 2002 ceremony.
-Lee Rizzo (Identified as made 2003. Could have been made in in the 2002 ceremony or sometime in the 1990s.)

2006: - ?
?-Pasquale “Patsy” Barone
?-Joseph “Joe Black” Lamattina
?-Gregory "Fat Boy" Costa
-Information provided by Mark Silverman who has been discredited since he has claimed to have been made by Salemme in the 1990s.

Early-Late 2000s:
Joseph Ruggiero
Darin Bufalino
Michael Prechillo
Bufalino and Prechillo were indicted as members in 2009 and 2010 respectively. Possible candidates for the 2002 ceremony or Mid/Late 2000s ceremonies.

Post 2011:
Louis DiNunzio (made by October 2014)

Possible:
Albino Folcarelli (Identified as a proposed member when indicted 2011. Got out of prison in 2017)
John Scarpelli (2014) (According to ScottB)
Tore Marino (2014) (According to ScottB)
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Here is a probabtion stayaway for Peter Limone released in 2010. Obviously with the inclusion of Archer and Edelstein it includes Associates but considering how almost all of the names were confirmed members it is most likely that some of the other names included are made members that havent been publically identified yet.

Carmen “The Cheeseman” DiNunzio
Anthony DiNunzio
Louis DiNunzio
Mark Rossetti
Darin Bufalino
Michael Prochilo Sr.
Michael Prochilo Jr.
Gregory Costa
James Martorano
Ralph Lamattina
Joseph Lamattina
William Angelesco
Anthony Spagnolo
Pryce Quintina
Lee Rizzo
Cono Frizzi
Robert Carrozza
John Cincotti
Frank Imbruglia
Vincent “The Animal” Ferrara
Richard Gambale
Vincent Federico
Frederick Simone
Vincent Gioacchini
John Salemme
Dennis Lepore
Biagio DiGiacomo
Richard Costa
Louis Manocchio
Robert DeLuca
Edward Lato
Alfred Scivola
William Delsanto
Vito DeLuca
Frank Marrapese
Pasquale Galea
Anthony St. Laurent
Rudolph Sciarra
Raymond Patriarca Jr.
Joseph Ruggiero
Joseph Achille
Matthew Gugliemetti
Mark Archer
Joseph DiPrizio
Steven Edelstein
Anthony Lovuolo
Mario Marquardo
Frank Pagano
Thomas Palladino
Dominic Santoro
Dominic Serino
Anthony Squillante
Ralph Ventola
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great stuff Pogo.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I don't know a lot about New England but Gugliemetti seems like a very interesting guy. Made at a very, very young age in comparison to the rest of New England's guys, and young for LCN's general average. Gugliemetti is a Junior, as well - was his Dad involved/connected? Any background info on the guy?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 pm I don't know a lot about New England but Gugliemetti seems like a very interesting guy. Made at a very, very young age in comparison to the rest of New England's guys, and young for LCN's general average. Gugliemetti is a Junior, as well - was his Dad involved/connected? Any background info on the guy?
Guglielmetti was supposed to be a close associate of Raymond Junior according to the article below.

https://aboutthemafia.com/new-england-m ... om-prison/

I think that he was one of those present at the induction ceremony in Medford when Deluca and others were getting sworn in.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

A lot of guys on that list have been whacked by Father Time since then:

Not coming down for breakfast are:
The Lamattina's
Cono Frizzi (died young)
Imbruglia
Cincotti
Scivola
DelSanto
Galea
Marrapese
The Saint
Sciarra
Palladino
Achille

That's seven from Providence. They are really gutted unless they have inducted members on the down low.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Peter Limone was also whacked by father time (the deadliest and most ruthless gangster in history). And we can subtract Mark Rossetti and Robert DeLuca who both flipped.

Pogo
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

davidf1989 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:10 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 pm I don't know a lot about New England but Gugliemetti seems like a very interesting guy. Made at a very, very young age in comparison to the rest of New England's guys, and young for LCN's general average. Gugliemetti is a Junior, as well - was his Dad involved/connected? Any background info on the guy?
Guglielmetti was supposed to be a close associate of Raymond Junior according to the article below.

https://aboutthemafia.com/new-england-m ... om-prison/

I think that he was one of those present at the induction ceremony in Medford when Deluca and others were getting sworn in.
Nice - thank you for that. I read a little bit too and saw something (on Wiki) that said his father was involved with organized crime, and Gugliemetti Junior "got his start" in 1984 when he was caught hijacking a truck full of liquor with his Dad. I question this though, because by 1984 he was 35 years old, was already well into his career as a made man, and was at Ray Senior's funeral telling the news/camera crews to kick rocks.

Anyway, doesn't seem like there's much out there about the guy but I guess that can be said about a lot of the Providence guys. Would make sense he'd be close to Ray Junior... similar ages, from the same place, etc. - but for him to be made so damn young, he must have been close with Ray Senior, as well? The Providence guys seem very Genovese'ish if we're comparing anyone to NY - low key, quiet, traditional, etc... where as the Boston guys always seemed more like Thugs.

Somewhat related - has anyone listened to Gimlet Media's "CRIMETOWN" Podcast about Providence?