Matthew Madonna and Steven Crea have won a hearing for a new trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Matthew Madonna and Steven Crea have won a hearing for a new trial

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Being given new trial is different then a appeal….

Appeals are done by judges
Trials are done by jurors which makes the inconsistency of the witnesses a valid issue with the primary guys in this case

Frank pasqua 3 at first said a completely different story of who hit meldish if I remembered right
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:26 pm Being given new trial is different then a appeal….

Trials are done by jurors which makes the inconsistency of the witnesses a valid issue with the primary guys in this case

Frank pasqua 3 at first said a completely different story of who hit meldish if I remembered right
Yeah he said his dad did it 😂
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

What's crazy is that Pasqua told his Meldish story throughout his cooperation - and even after the trial's verdict - he still tells the same story publicly on a podcast.

Pasqua's father was first the trigger man, but then later it was downplayed to him just being at the scene/witnessing it. Both Pasqua's also helped set up Meldish with the fake heroin deal thing and were supposedly the reason why he was to be on the street in Throggs Neck that night (meeting up) - but Pasqua II was never charged with anything? Unless part of Pasqua III's cooperation agreement involved immunity for his father, shouldn't Pasqua II have been at the defendants table with these guys? If Pasqua III is telling the truth - which again, he continues to repeat his story to this day - than his Dad had just as big of a role in the conspiracy as everyone else who was charged

There's a lot going on with this case and I wasn't able to keep up with it all, but my understanding is that the government heard Pasqua III's story and recount of events and eventually said "okay, we believe some of that. We don't think you're a credible witness, and we don't believe 100% of your story, but we do believe the murder went as you described - except that you and your father were not there" - am I wrong on that or do I have it right?

I know the license plate and EZ Pass tracking, coupled with Londonio's phone calls, really do not look good - and all but put Londonio there that night. How do they know Caldwell was with him and pulled the trigger?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

nizarsoccer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:16 am "So, before Judge Siebel sent the jury to make their decision, she gave them a special instruction, called the Pinkerton liability, so that even if they believed Crea didn’t have any involvement or knowledge about the murder of Michael Meldish, they could still find him guilty... Because if the jury believed he was a member of a “club” (or “enterprise,”) he “could have reasonably foreseen” – consulted his crystal ball – that somebody would have murdered Meldish."
Doesnt this mean every made guy in the family can be held accountable? Why stop at Crea?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

TSNYC wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:33 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:25 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:05 am Dominic Crea is an attorney who is Steven Creas biological son working on his father's case? Do I have it right?
I think he is a paralegal and yes he is Crea’s son.
He’s an insurance broker in Westchester
i think also owns payroll company
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:26 pm Being given new trial is different then a appeal….

I just cannot see Madonna and Crea walking out of federal prison as free men due to the aforementioned reasons