Anthony Federici/Genovese Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ovation32
Associate

Anthony Federici/Genovese Administration

Post by Ovation32 »

Tough Tony has been around for so long and has flown so under the radar that I often question whether he has an administrative position in the family. Given the legitimacy of his primary business, he has no incentive to be involved in any day-to-day activity but could very effectively serve the traditional role of a consigliere with only those in the hierarchy knowing the true extent of his power.

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Anthony Federici/Genovese Administration

Post by Wiseguy »

Available evidence suggests he's either basically retired (recorded conversation) or that perhaps he's in some kind of power sharing situation with Romanello as co-captain (Pennisi). Given Romanello has been indicted 3 times in the last 20 years, while the last legal bump Federici had was shooting shooting at hawks to keep them away from his pigeons on the roof of his restaurant back in 2000, I lean towards him being basically retired.
All roads lead to New York.
Ovation32
Associate

Post by Ovation32 »

But doesn't this make him an ideal candidate for a high level administration position? Particularly with the Westside, which has a tradition of these kinds of people being in those roles?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ovation32 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:43 am But doesn't this make him an ideal candidate for a high level administration position? Particularly with the Westside, which has a tradition of these kinds of people being in those roles?
Seems like right now the administration is entirely within what was the 116th crew, i.e. Bellomo, Muscarella, and Ragusa.
All roads lead to New York.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:17 am Available evidence suggests he's either basically retired (recorded conversation) or that perhaps he's in some kind of power sharing situation with Romanello as co-captain (Pennisi). Given Romanello has been indicted 3 times in the last 20 years, while the last legal bump Federici had was shooting shooting at hawks to keep them away from his pigeons on the roof of his restaurant back in 2000, I lean towards him being basically retired.
I agree. What does he gain from this at his age except being a huge government target and dying in jail? He's retired or semi-retired. Good for him.
#Let’s Go Brandon!