Boston: Vinny Ferrera sues state for return of $250k

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Boston: Vinny Ferrera sues state for return of $250k

Post by Tonyd621 »

scott22 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:51 pm David1989

Danny Angiulo sponsored Vinnie into LCN, Jerry Angiulo made him in '83.

Jimmy Limoli Oct. '85 hit in the North End:

Limoli was Ferrara's childhood best friend, but kept pulling drug deal rip-offs and was playing Russian Roulette by robbing Boston mob heavy hitters like Spucky Spagnolo. His 100,000 coke rip off of Spucky got him clipped. Ferrara allegedly ordered it and coordinated it, but was not the shooter.

Scott
Hey, Scott great article on Vinny Ferrera by the way. Some might not admit it but it's what got this thread started!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Eddie mush wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:40 am
scott22 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:51 pm David1989

Danny Angiulo sponsored Vinnie into LCN, Jerry Angiulo made him in '83.

Jimmy Limoli Oct. '85 hit in the North End:

Limoli was Ferrara's childhood best friend, but kept pulling drug deal rip-offs and was playing Russian Roulette by robbing Boston mob heavy hitters like Spucky Spagnolo. His 100,000 coke rip off of Spucky got him clipped. Ferrara allegedly ordered it and coordinated it, but was not the shooter.

Scott

This is untrue . Limoli was about 15 years younger than ferrara they were not child hood besties
Yeah I believe he corrected it in a post or two later...
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Eddie Mush,

You are correct in relation to Ferrara and Limoli not growing up together. I noted that in a follow up post quickly thereafter. Limoli came up under Vinnie.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

My write-up of the Jimmy Limoli hit; https://gangsterreport.com/the-jimmy-li ... a-mystery/

Scott
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

scott22 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:14 am Eddie Mush,

You are correct in relation to Ferrara and Limoli not growing up together. I noted that in a follow up post quickly thereafter. Limoli came up under Vinnie.

Yes U did . I did not notice it the first time I read thru the thread . My apologies
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Eddie Mush,

No worries, Brother. Always appreciate your knowledge!

We need fact checkers!!

Scott
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

scott22 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:49 pm Eddie Mush,

No worries, Brother. Always appreciate your knowledge!

We need fact checkers!!

Scott
Thanks for your write-ups Scott and was Ferrara an enemy to Raymond Jr, Grasso and eventually Salemne?

Would Vincent ferrara have known Bulger?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It wasn't really displayed on this thread; but some others were poster(s) are too critical of Scott. My point thing is how many people do we know that have "mob blogs" or websites that are willing to come on here and talk? I know, we have one and that's Scott. There are so few websites or blogs that post stuff related to this and there is even fewer that come on here and talk about their thesis or logic or sources behind the reporting...
I mean it's not like the news has alot of mob related reporting these days nevermind accurate reporting...
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

David1969,

Vinnie never got along with Ray, Jr or Grasso. In fact, Grasso was actively trying to kill Vinnie in the months before Vinnie's guys killed him. Patriarca was terrified of Vinnie and was convinced Vinnie was plotting to bump him, Grasso and Cadillac Frank off, which was true.

Vinnie did know Whitey quite well. Remember before Cadillac Frank came back on the scene and factionalized everything, North End and Winter Hill had a working relationship. The Angiulos were doing business often with Winter Hill, using go-betweens like Stevie Flemmi & Danny Angiulo, who was Vinnie's mentor in the mob.

Scott
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Whatever reason Ray Jr thought Vinny f would flip. At the time Phil leonetti flipped 87 88. Ray was asking the boston guys what they thought.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Also grasso is killed by a Springfield patriarca member he inducted in 1986 as a power move to encroach on the genovese turf. He wanted ct to himself. Gigante must have been in on the plot to kill grasso. They used genovese guys in the van the pug Brothers were part of the Springfield crew. Some where I read grasso wouldn't allow any of his crew members to see Jr Russo. It created his own downfall. I deffintly think Chin was fully behind the plot or the boston guys wouldn't have killed a underboss
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:54 pm Also grasso is killed by a Springfield patriarca member he inducted in 1986 as a power move to encroach on the genovese turf. He wanted ct to himself. Gigante must have been in on the plot to kill grasso. They used genovese guys in the van the pug Brothers were part of the Springfield crew. Some where I read grasso wouldn't allow any of his crew members to see Jr Russo. It created his own downfall. I deffintly think Chin was fully behind the plot or the boston guys wouldn't have killed a underboss
Makes perfect sense as Gotti/Gambinos supported Ray Jr and Frank.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:39 pm Whatever reason Ray Jr thought Vinny f would flip. At the time Phil leonetti flipped 87 88. Ray was asking the boston guys what they thought.
Where did you hear this? Do you know who in Boston, he reached out to?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

scott22 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:39 am David1969,

Vinnie never got along with Ray, Jr or Grasso. In fact, Grasso was actively trying to kill Vinnie in the months before Vinnie's guys killed him. Patriarca was terrified of Vinnie and was convinced Vinnie was plotting to bump him, Grasso and Cadillac Frank off, which was true.

Vinnie did know Whitey quite well. Remember before Cadillac Frank came back on the scene and factionalized everything, North End and Winter Hill had a working relationship. The Angiulos were doing business often with Winter Hill, using go-betweens like Stevie Flemmi & Danny Angiulo, who was Vinnie's mentor in the mob.

Scott
Thanks Scott and were the likes of Gaetano Milano involved in the Grasso hit at Vinnie and Joe Russo's request?
Did Grasso think that Vinnie was cooperating or something? I guess that he was wrong about that.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I think there was old Hartford news paper articles. Genomes had more to gain out of anyone. He was pushing them out of ct or trying. The piece I read about Ray Jr thinking Vinny f would flip is in a court doc somewhere. I looked up so Phil leonetti flips in late 1988 so it probably started Christmas time 88