General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Newyorkempire »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:19 pm Been watch zero zero zero.

Good but not great

Was wondering what Italian mob movie I should watch next
365 is good if you want to get your woman in the mood
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:05 pm Why was Lawrence Ricci clipped & by who? Any potential Info?

The two reasons reported was that he disobeyed orders from the leadership to take a plea deal in his case. The other was that he was talking too freely about the Genovese making a move on the Philly family. I don't recall if it was revealed if he took part in the 2000 plot to kill Ligambi, Mazzone and Borgesi with Caprio and the Gambinos. Or if he did if it was authorized by the administration.

Pogo

"People say the mob is dead. Well, Its 2005 and we're still finding bodies in the trunks of cars."
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Were the Cherry Hill Gambinos integrated into the Gambino Family or did they remain somewhat autonomous? Like if someone were theoretically made under the cherry hills, what is that person made into? The Gambino Family or the Inzerillo clan?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Saw this video from OC Shortz, he said that Sammy Black Santora had a dual role in the Genovese family at the time, he said he was captain of the 116th Street Crew & UB to the Chin as well. How common is that or was that in the Mafia? A wise guy doing 2 roles at once?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Also, what family the Publix (people like us) have more info about? Modern & throughout their history? I have a feelings it’s the Colombo’s.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:45 am Saw this video from OC Shortz, he said that Sammy Black Santora had a dual role in the Genovese family at the time, he said he was captain of the 116th Street Crew & UB to the Chin as well. How common is that or was that in the Mafia? A wise guy doing 2 roles at once?
From what I remember, he was acting underboss for a short time. I would guess that when a captain fills in on the administration in an acting capacity they appoint an acting captain to help run their crew. It's not at all uncommon for a captain to do both.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:53 am
Shellackhead wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:45 am Saw this video from OC Shortz, he said that Sammy Black Santora had a dual role in the Genovese family at the time, he said he was captain of the 116th Street Crew & UB to the Chin as well. How common is that or was that in the Mafia? A wise guy doing 2 roles at once?
From what I remember, he was acting underboss for a short time. I would guess that when a captain fills in on the administration in an acting capacity they appoint an acting captain to help run their crew. It's not at all uncommon for a captain to do both.
That makes sense.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:46 am Also, what family the Publix (people like us) have more info about? Modern & throughout their history? I have a feelings it’s the Colombo’s.

I'd say Philly.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

I just looked into Sammy Black and it says that he took over as underboss in 1981 when Chin became boss, but where does that leave Fat Tony then?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Maybe Salerno was acting boss, Chin was official boss.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Did lucchesse really have only three fingers
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm Did lucchesse really have only three fingers
Yes, he lost two fingers working in a factory when he was a teenager, if I remember correctly.

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:41 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm Did lucchesse really have only three fingers
Yes, he lost two fingers working in a factory when he was a teenager, if I remember correctly.

Was he a lefty? Can you imagine trying to pull the trigger of a gun with that 3 fingered hand.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

They should have called him "the Clutching Hand" like the founder of the Family. Put them together and they'd form a whole hand.

motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:11 am They should have called him "the Clutching Hand" like the founder of the Family. Put them together and they'd form a whole hand
:lol: