General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:48 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:45 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:50 pm An interesting piece of information I recently found out was that Norberto (The Bull) Velez, who was possibly murdered by the Outfit under orders of Vena, was a gang member for the Simon City Royals. That’s the first SCR that I have heard of that was connected to the Outfit. I believe Hollingshead gave the information about Velez being a collector for Vena and was killed for holding out on them or owing money.
He was killed over in Wrigleyville, wasn't he?
Yeah, in the same building where Hollingshead lived as well (I’m unsure at the moment whether they were actually roommates).

I had speculated that Velez was an OA, but wasn’t sure what his affiliation actually was. From some stuff I saw online, it was clear to me that he was Folks. Either way, the Royals are an organization that are connected to the C-Notes within the IL prison system. When the Panozzo crew was pulling their jobs on cartel spots, they were working with Cobras and Dragons, again, unsurprisingly.
I guess he was from the Irving and Bernard set of the SCR
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:41 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:48 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:45 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:50 pm An interesting piece of information I recently found out was that Norberto (The Bull) Velez, who was possibly murdered by the Outfit under orders of Vena, was a gang member for the Simon City Royals. That’s the first SCR that I have heard of that was connected to the Outfit. I believe Hollingshead gave the information about Velez being a collector for Vena and was killed for holding out on them or owing money.
He was killed over in Wrigleyville, wasn't he?
Yeah, in the same building where Hollingshead lived as well (I’m unsure at the moment whether they were actually roommates).

I had speculated that Velez was an OA, but wasn’t sure what his affiliation actually was. From some stuff I saw online, it was clear to me that he was Folks. Either way, the Royals are an organization that are connected to the C-Notes within the IL prison system. When the Panozzo crew was pulling their jobs on cartel spots, they were working with Cobras and Dragons, again, unsurprisingly.
I guess he was from the Irving and Bernard set of the SCR
Makes sense, as I think that’s one of the last strong Royals sections really left in the city. Royals, of course, used to have a major presence in the Lakeview/Wrigleyville area (they started in the 60s at Irving Park and Ashland), but that was all wiped out by the 90s due to gentrification.

Never heard of Royals specifically having been linked to the Outfit, but wouldn’t surprise me if they had some links at some point as the Royals back in the day were a very significant organization engaged in lots of drug and weapons trafficking. The early members of Simon City, the precursor gang in Humboldt Park, were heavily Italian (one may have been a relative of Outfit-connected politician Pete Granata), though none of the later leaders of SCRN were Italian that I know of (though they had everything from Albanians to Arabs). In 1988, notorious SCR leader Frank Fender (Southport and Fullerton) killed an Italian dude named Dominick Tomasello in an apparent dispute over drugs. No idea if that dude was a gangbanger or if he possibly had Outfit connections. May not have anything to do with this, but the Tomasellos in Chicago were from Bagheria, wouldn’t be surprising if some of them were connected.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

https://youtu.be/GTxqEEouOaY

Teets Battaglia at 11:00?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Just saw this on Facebook. First time I have seen a somewhat recent Chicago police department publication on the outfit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Part 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Part 3
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Part 4
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Thanks a lot for those, Patrick. Those are real interesting. Probably around 1999 or 2000. I think they got this info from both the feds and the CCC.

Thanks again

Edit: Duh, just saw one of the pages had 2000 written on it.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:11 pm Thanks a lot for those, Patrick. Those are real interesting. Probably around 1999 or 2000. I think they got this info from both the feds and the CCC.

Thanks again

Yep, I think it was a mix of those two. I do see names I have never seen before. Notice the Elmwood park crew is the largest crew and is now supposedly inactive. Interesting

Also, would like to add this is probably the last publication that CPD put out in the Outfit. I would bet money on it. Gangs are basically the only organized crime that they go after these days
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:21 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:11 pm Thanks a lot for those, Patrick. Those are real interesting. Probably around 1999 or 2000. I think they got this info from both the feds and the CCC.

Thanks again

Yep, I think it was a mix of those two. I do see names I have never seen before. Notice the Elmwood park crew is the largest crew and is now supposedly inactive. Interesting

Also, would like to add this is probably the last publication that CPD put out in the Outfit. I would bet money on it. Gangs are basically the only organized crime that they go after these days
Yeah, I just don't think the PD kept internal records or intelligence on who was made and who wasn't, but they did work very closely with the FBI so I imagine they got this information them, along with a bit from the CCC. However, I'm not sure whether the CCC kept their own tabs on made guys or got it from the FBI.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Thanks for posting, Pat.

Wonder where they got the idea that Joey was boss at that time whereas Johnnys Bananas and Apes were UBs. Goes to suggest that LE at least seems to have very much believed that Lombardo was both active and high-ranking at this time.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I note also that they put Nino Cisternino with EP. We know that he was connected to the Heights crew, but perhaps once they folded he was plugged with EP. All signs point to EP being the point of contact between Chicago and Italian OC. Worth noting that on the EP list, Cisternino, Renato DiSilvestro, LaBalestra, and the Cassanos were/are from Italy. Specifically Puglia. Several years prior to this report, the FBI explicitly stated that the Sacra Corona Unita was working with the Outfit in Chicago and was tied to the EP crew.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Great find. Anyone know the status of members Carmine Bastone, Robert Salerno and Nicholas Ciotti? If dead when? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

This gave Nick Nitti a good laugh! :lol:
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:00 pm Great find. Anyone know the status of members Carmine Bastone, Robert Salerno and Nicholas Ciotti? If dead when? Thanks.

Pogo
Bastone and Ciotti both dead. Carmine in 2002, Ciotti in 2003. Bobby Salerno is out of prison and still alive, as far as I know.