Bonanno 1960s chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno 1960s chart

Post by thekiduknow »

Thanks man. We actually don’t need a picture of Joseph Spadaro, I got one from a newspaper article.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I’m not sure if this has been debunked already, but Angelo Prisinzano was not a cousin of Galante. He admitted as such in a trial in 1961:

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good find. I was never able to find the relation.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

stevan tod wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:24 pm
thekiduknow wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:22 am
stevan tod wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:26 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:18 pm Let me know once you guys know re. DeAngelo. Also, I'll be taking Caruso off from the top under the former bosses section. He was acting, perhaps even for just a few days and listing him twice is redundant. If anyone has any strenuous objections I can make note in the capo section that he was a former underboss and onetime acting boss post-Maranzano.

Let me know if you need photos. I want to contribute. Good job sir.
Like Chris said, your help is much appreciated.

Off the top off my head, Lucido, Benny Valvo, and Vigneri we need. I have the watermarked versions, but if you’re willing to share the originals that would be appreciated.

Could you list the guys you have pictures of?
I'm on it.
I got the pics, could you turn on your private messages? Or send me your email if you’d prefer.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

lennert wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:59 am Interesting about Peter Alese… Father Rosario, mother Brigida Barbara… So he was the brother of Joe Ales, the guy testifying in the 1921 Good Killer case…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I'm looking back into Alese. Do you know if his parents were also from Paceco? Also, any more info on his brother?
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

B. wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:32 pm Good find. I was never able to find the relation.
I sent you email adresse. Didnt got respond.... I dont know how to turn on my inbox message, it was fine one time. Its news to me nobody cant send me a message,i dont know what Is the reason for that..anyway i got more photos for you,i think.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

stevan tod wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:59 am
B. wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:32 pm Good find. I was never able to find the relation.
I sent you email adresse. Didnt got respond.... I dont know how to turn on my inbox message, it was fine one time. Its news to me nobody cant send me a message,i dont know what Is the reason for that..anyway i got more photos for you,i think.
Sorry for the delay, I just sent you an email.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Any leads on Joseph DiFilippi's mother? He was born in CDG, and his father was Pietro(thanks B.), and he had a brother Francesco who was already in the US in 1922 when Joseph arrived. I'm having a hard time finding really anything about him.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I'm also having trouble finding Joseph DiMaria's parents. I'm 99% sure he is fellow Bonanno member Salvatore Marchese's uncle, but can't find any record of their family to confirm.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Interesting thing about Salvatore Marchese's membership. This is from Bill in 1966:

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.31.34 PM.png

The redacted phrase next to DiMaria's name is "related to"

I'm confident this is about Marchese, who not only was almost certainly related to DiMaria, but lived in Queens at this time, and his father worked in the garment industry, making it likely he did the same.

So Bill knew enough that Marchese was proposed for membership sometime before 1966, likely before 1957, but Bill didn't think he was made unless DiGregorio made him. However, this seems to contradict with recorded conversations Marchese had with LaBruzzo which points to him being made:

Marchese.png

Looks like Marchese was active enough not only meet with LaBruzzo often, but that he also knew an "old timer" who was not well known among the other members.

Just something thing I noticed. I don't think it's that big a deal that Bill wouldn't know about Marchese, but I do think the fact that he thought it was possible that DiGregorio would make him is interesting too. He says that about a few other guys, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they were actively inducting members like the Bonannos did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Interesting find.

The LaBruzzo tapes definitely point to Marchese being made.

I wonder how comprehensive Bill B's knowledge was -- on one hand he was a high-ranking member and his father was the boss, but he was an outsider in NYC and may have had blindspots due to that.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Like you said, it's important to note that Bill only moved to NYC full time in late 1963, and primarily hung around Notaro. And by the end of 1964, he was cut off from a large part of the membership.

He seems most familiar with the Notaro and Morales crews, no surprise there. He did know who the other captains were, but doesn't seem to have said much about who was in them. Edit: Bill does name a few DiGregorio crew members, DiFilippi and Crociata. He also indirectly named Leo Carlino as being under Caruso on the LaBruzzo bug.

I would think that since Marchese hung around LaBruzzo, they would run into each other eventually, or Bill would hear about his induction, but it's possible it just didn't come up. Although, given that Bill was consigliere, and LaBruzzo was acting boss, seems likely they would go over membership.

Interestingly, Bill did identify Marchese's cousin Nick Castello as a member, but another blindspot is that he wasn't sure if Frank Tartamella was made, yet he was identified as a member by the informant I believe was LaBruzzo.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, Tartamella was definitely made by then. He and his cousin both became captains a few years later.

What's your take on Bill's knowledge of other Families? He mentions guys in his books but I haven't seen much from Bill's FBI cooperation about the other groups.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I don’t think he gave much on other families.

In that same debrief from 1966, he does identify Joseph Colazzo as a Gambino caporegima at that time. He also says that the Valenti brothers were probably under Magaddino, but says they also operate in Pittsburgh so they may have been under LaRocca. So, he might not be that familiar with Buffalo.

There’s another report where he said he would give information about the Texas and Colorado families after Joe’s legal problems have been “straightened out”. But I’m not sure if he followed through.

I also haven’t seen him really talk about LCN protocol or history.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Reading through the debrief again, Bill says that Joseph DiMaria was a former captain. There’s also this from the LaBruzzo bug in February of 1964:

Since DiMaria is mentioned on the DeCavalcante tapes as “acting” for LaBruzzo later in the year, I think that he may have been acting at this point while LaBruzzo was acting boss, and that is what Bonomo and LaBruzzo meant. But it’s worth revisiting.

The informant I think is LaBruzzo does say that DiMaria had “formerly held a high ranking position under Joseph Bonanno”. He doesn’t say when, and he said that in December of 1965. That informant was the one who didn’t use “caporegima” or “captain”, but instead talk about members based on influence, so it’s hard to tell what a “high ranking position” is.

DiMaria was also said to have been an former “underboss” by an informant, but I again I took that to mean an acting captain since it seems highly unlikely that he was underboss, unless he may have been acting but I’m not too sure.