General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:34 am I one thing I’ve wondered about Accardo is how he stayed connected when he was residing primarily in California in later years. Given the prevalence of wiretaps during this period in the 70s and 80s, I can’t imagine he was very comfortable discussing outfit business on the phone. I wonder if somebody was dispatched regularly out there to meet with him.
I know that Pat Marcy visited him a few times in the 80s.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:28 am Whoa…never heard that theory before. Obviously it seems unlikely, by that stage accardo was a guy who was looking to minimize all risk and stay out of prison until he died. But hey, crazier things have happened in the world. I’m not discounting it.
Frank Calabrese Jr claims that is what his dad told him. That Accardo killed Giancana. Lot of people say no way but I think it’s possible
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:34 am I one thing I’ve wondered about Accardo is how he stayed connected when he was residing primarily in California in later years. Given the prevalence of wiretaps during this period in the 70s and 80s, I can’t imagine he was very comfortable discussing outfit business on the phone. I wonder if somebody was dispatched regularly out there to meet with him.
A lot of people went directly to his place for important matters from what I understand. He was also in Chicago very often. I think he would stay at his daughters place
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:35 am
Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:28 am Whoa…never heard that theory before. Obviously it seems unlikely, by that stage accardo was a guy who was looking to minimize all risk and stay out of prison until he died. But hey, crazier things have happened in the world. I’m not discounting it.
Frank Calabrese Jr claims that is what his dad told him. That Accardo killed Giancana. Lot of people say no way but I think it’s possible
Yes, and when Ralph Pierce was questioned by the FBI about it, he commented that the theory in the papers that the hit was pulled off by "Young Turks" was false, adding "If you knew the truth you wouldn't believe it".
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Huh, that’s wild. If you are entertaining this theory, I suppose you could guess that being a lifelong gangster, Mooney would have known he was at risk at that moment in time. If there were somebody he would’ve let in for a meeting without suspect it could have been Joe B.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Here's the source of Ralph Pierce's quote: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 2-10403%22
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Interesting. That document mentions the possibility of a crime of passion, which just seems unlikely given the fact that the police detail was called off. Obviously we will never have the full story, but the possibility of Tony Accardo whacking him is the most fascinating theory I’ve heard to date. I’d still say Blasi is a better suspect, but who knows
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Listened to Mob Vlog with Adam and regular guest host Red Wemette. Today they had former law clerk Paul Whitcombe on. Interesting that when they were asked about DiFronzo being a CI and Whitcombe said he didn't know for certain but had his suspicions, Red remained silent about Mitch Mars showing him an official document that confirmed that he was. Did Red forget? Hmmm.... :thinking:
Last edited by Antiliar on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:20 pm Listened to Mob Vlog with Adam and regular guest host Red Wemette. Today they had former law clerk Paul Whitcombe on. Interesting that when they were asked about DiFronzo being a CI and Whitcombe said he didn't know for certain but had his suspicions, Red remained silent about Mitch Mars showing his an official document that confirmed that he was. Did Red forget? Hmmm.... :thinking:
Red is a blowhard and full of shit a lot of times. Of course that’s my personal opinion

I mean come on. He claims Tony Spilotro gave him a car and knew he was a CI. Tony would have killed him on the spot if he knew that. Not sure why he would lie about such a stupid thing. Maybe to try to prove how much Tony supposedly liked him.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I meant to write "about Mitch Mars showing him," not "his." At any rate, I wasn't able to see the show until after it ended, otherwise I would have brought that up. They said Paul will be back in the future.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The "Persico is a rat" story just reinforced my notion that most people don't know what they are looking at with FBI docs. It could very well be Red thought he saw something similar with DiFronzo. Maybe he was corrected behind the scenes? It's hard for me to trust unless I'm looking straight at the file. I hate to toot my own horn, but I feel like I've been studying them long enough by now to have a decent idea about what they are trying to say, redactions notwithstanding.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Just got a book called “The Neighborhood” by Anthony Pellicano. It listed as fiction but supposedly based on his life. Not bad so far. The main character is obviously based on Pellicano himself. It takes place on Taylor street. I guess that is where Pellicano grew up. For some reason I thought he was from the grand and Ogden area
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

An interesting piece of information I recently found out was that Norberto (The Bull) Velez, who was possibly murdered by the Outfit under orders of Vena, was a gang member for the Simon City Royals. That’s the first SCR that I have heard of that was connected to the Outfit. I believe Hollingshead gave the information about Velez being a collector for Vena and was killed for holding out on them or owing money.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:50 pm An interesting piece of information I recently found out was that Norberto (The Bull) Velez, who was possibly murdered by the Outfit under orders of Vena, was a gang member for the Simon City Royals. That’s the first SCR that I have heard of that was connected to the Outfit. I believe Hollingshead gave the information about Velez being a collector for Vena and was killed for holding out on them or owing money.
He was killed over in Wrigleyville, wasn't he?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:45 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:50 pm An interesting piece of information I recently found out was that Norberto (The Bull) Velez, who was possibly murdered by the Outfit under orders of Vena, was a gang member for the Simon City Royals. That’s the first SCR that I have heard of that was connected to the Outfit. I believe Hollingshead gave the information about Velez being a collector for Vena and was killed for holding out on them or owing money.
He was killed over in Wrigleyville, wasn't he?
Yeah, in the same building where Hollingshead lived as well (I’m unsure at the moment whether they were actually roommates).

I had speculated that Velez was an OA, but wasn’t sure what his affiliation actually was. From some stuff I saw online, it was clear to me that he was Folks. Either way, the Royals are an organization that are connected to the C-Notes within the IL prison system. When the Panozzo crew was pulling their jobs on cartel spots, they were working with Cobras and Dragons, again, unsurprisingly.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”