John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by OcSleeper »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:55 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:54 pm I thought Grillo took over Cali's crew not Paradiso's?

It is the same crew. Grillo had previously been Acting Capo of it back in the 2000s.

Pogo
Oh okay that's what I originally thought but I checked your crew succession post and didn't see Paradiso listed.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:11 pm
B. wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:33 pm The Gambino Family sending Grillo to mediate that dispute in Torretta between Sicilian mafia members fits with that.
I guess it’s safe to assume he can speak Sicilian or at very least half assed Italian. I don’t think they would send someone who needed a translator.
I actually think Calogero Zito, the son is the messenger. They said he traveled back and forth frequently and he was the point man rigging the Torreta election.

He couldnt go I think because he would have gotten arrested? Grillo seems to be someone who was familiar with the players, with him being from the crew, but not on police radar at that time? Speculation here....

I also think he just delivered a message more than engaged in mediation... but I dont have the papers...
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

B. wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:33 pm The Gambino Family sending Grillo to mediate that dispute in Torretta between Sicilian mafia members fits with that.
I guess it’s safe to assume he can speak Sicilian or at very least half assed Italian. I don’t think they would send someone who needed a translator.
I thought it came out in the recent bust that heavy Tommy Gambino, Joe's son was the go between Ney York and Sicily, no?
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 pm He says Mickey Paradiso is the one who got Ernie or off the shelf and that Ernie took over his crew when he moved up to consigliere. Also mentioned that Blaise Corozzo once said he believed Ernie would one day be the Gambino boss to which John agreed.

Would be funny to have the biggest bosses in the country be named Ernie & Barney.
Why was Ernie Grillo shelved? What were the reasons?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:53 pm
I thought it came out in the recent bust that heavy Tommy Gambino, Joe's son was the go between Ney York and Sicily, no?
I really think this was a specific case, not the norm, that they sent Grillo. The regular guys were either under indictment, or taking surveillance, or locked up. Plus Grillo was familiar with them already, so no new intros needed, speculation on my part here.....
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Nick Prango wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 am
Pennisi said he doesn’t know why Ernie was shelved but the disrespect didn’t stop at a shelving! Ernie caught a beating because he stopped kicking up while he was on the shelf!
Which is something I wondered about especially in regards to guys like Porky Zanccochio who is a huge earner, Mikey Nose shelved him but must still expect him to kick up.

Imagine being the guys who were sent to throw Ernie a beating and now he’s a powerful captain!
If they see him on the street they disappear like Homer Simpson into the bush.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 pm He says Mickey Paradiso is the one who got Ernie or off the shelf and that Ernie took over his crew when he moved up to consigliere. Also mentioned that Blaise Corozzo once said he believed Ernie would one day be the Gambino boss to which John agreed.

Would be funny to have the biggest bosses in the country be named Ernie & Barney.
Grillo was complaining about his nickname at a co-defendants meeting and Cefalu snapped at him. Grillo didn't like that they were calling him baldy :lol: Capeci wrote about it in GL years ago and Pennisi also heard that story. Grillo also blamed Nicky Corozzo for getting them all jammed up in that case.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

After Frank Cali was killed, the Torretta clan sent someone to New York to find out what happened. It was Ernie Grillo that he met with and he ensured them that Cali's death was not mob related.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Could only come from the boss to have another made member even if on the shelf a beaten. That's crazy. Then he went back into the family willingly. Now I wonder if a guy un the shelf can be beaten up or robbed by other members from different families. Also could have been another family that threw him a beating after finding out he was on the shelf. Also makes sense because he would have to go back to his family for protection
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

It makes sense that even members on the shelf are afforded some protection from their family and would have some sort of quasi associate status especially if they’re still kicking up.

Guys go on and off the shelf all the time now so you have to be careful how you treat a guy while he’s down because tomorrow he could be back on top.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

JohnnyS wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:33 am

Grillo was complaining about his nickname at a co-defendants meeting and Cefalu snapped at him. Grillo didn't like that they were calling him baldy :lol: Capeci wrote about it in GL years ago and Pennisi also heard that story. Grillo also blamed Nicky Corozzo for getting them all jammed up in that case.
Thanks for your response. That whole "Grillo was complaining about his nickname" situation is like something from the Sopranos. It is hilarious :lol: These LCN guys can be childish :lol:
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 am
I really think this was a specific case, not the norm, that they sent Grillo. The regular guys were either under indictment, or taking surveillance, or locked up. Plus Grillo was familiar with them already, so no new intros needed, speculation on my part here.....
Like Johnny said, Grillo was the point of contact when the Sicilians came to the US and it's also come out Grillo has gone to Sicily multiple times.

The Sicilian faction has been building close friendships with American guys like Paradiso, Grillo, and D'Amico for a long time. Everything that has come out is part of a larger pattern.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

B. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:18 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 am
Like Johnny said, Grillo was the point of contact when the Sicilians came to the US and it's also come out Grillo has gone to Sicily multiple times.

The Sicilian faction has been building close friendships with American guys like Paradiso, Grillo, and D'Amico for a long time. Everything that has come out is part of a larger pattern.
He seems like, well no one really could, but it doesnt seem like he could replace a Frank Cali...

Also, we might be talking about 2 different things. Zito was going back and forth specifically for Torreta family business, while Grillo maintained relations between Sicily and "America".

I still see Torreta as it's own separate thing...

Also, I see a lot of the patterns, it's why I've been very obsessive about all this from the beginning. I just pointed out the Sicilians using women like a lot of the other clan centered cosche, especially in Naples. On a macro level, I see a lot of similarities across the different mafias.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pennisi saying he knocked out a boxer, okay champ
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

The boxer incident in his testimony in the Crea trial
20220410_002424.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'