When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Post by B. »

What's interesting about the whole situation is that Sclafani had passed on information that turned out to be true before the DeCicco thing happened. I can't remember the details, but I believe it related to an investigation targeting Corrao. I want to know more details about why he believed DeCicco was an informant -- it's doubtful that DeCicco was specifically named as one in a report, but there must have been something in the report that pointed to him. As a soldier, Sclafani must have realized how dangerous it was to call a respected high-ranking member a rat, so I have to believe he had some substantial reason to believe it.

I'm curious if JD, HK, or anyone with access to a lot of CI reports has seen anything from a Brooklyn/SI informant that could be DeCicco. I assume not, but that would be a big key to figuring this out.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

bronx wrote:he trusted joe, but joe could not save him once paul was gone or joe would be gone also..
From everything I've ever heard and read about Joe Butch was that he was a stranded up highly respected capo. Why couldn't he save his Gus (his relative) and also a high respected soldier even to the Neil D/gotti fiction side of the family. It should have been easy for Joe Butch to go to bat for Gus to Gotti, no?......Soliai
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I noticed gotti shelved a lot of guys. Pogo or anyone know the guys Gotti made vs who he shelved? I've been reading the gotti tales again and when I get a chance I'm going to list out all the things I took from it. I wanna see what you guys think. I'm starting to think like a researcher. 8-)
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Soliai wrote:
bronx wrote:he trusted joe, but joe could not save him once paul was gone or joe would be gone also..
From everything I've ever heard and read about Joe Butch was that he was a stranded up highly respected capo. Why couldn't he save his Gus (his relative) and also a high respected soldier even to the Neil D/gotti fiction side of the family. It should have been easy for Joe Butch to go to bat for Gus to Gotti, no?......Soliai
good evening Soliai, if you call a made guy a rat you better have solid proof or you will die, he must have not had it when he reported it, i believe paul was alive when he brought it in..he lasted until the now underboss is decicco..its over at that point, he should have ran away once they killed paul..i'm pretty sure they killed him in joe butch's club on mulberry..
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bronx wrote:
Soliai wrote:
good evening Soliai, if you call a made guy a rat you better have solid proof or you will die, he must have not had it when he reported it, i believe paul was alive when he brought it in..he lasted until the now underboss is decicco..its over at that point, he should have ran away once they killed paul..i'm pretty sure they killed him in joe butch's club on mulberry..
What relation was gus boy Sclafani who died a few years ago to the one your talking about?
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Yea, I believe I read it somewhere last night that Sclafani was killed in Joe Butches club on Mulberry St. by Watts. Apparently, DeCicco told Gravano that Sclafani was the first that had to go. That's why I was wondering who they wanted gone right before and after the Castellano/Bilotti hit, even just shelved. I often wondered with Nino Gaggi and Roy DeMeo out of the picture if the Castellano/Bilotti hit would have been done or if it would have been more difficult to pull off if they were still around.

I saw that Gus Sclafani (Big Gus) and then Gus Sclafani (Gus Boy) one of the guys that helped that lunatic Gus Farace, the guy that killed the cop/ATF agent, wondered if they were father and son?

Since Sclafani brought up the possibility of DeCicco being a rat to Corrao before the Castellano hit, who else knew or how did DeCicco find out the info came from them? DeCicco must have been called on the carpet and even if he successfully defended himself why the hell is Castellano keeping this guy in his inner circle letting him arrange meetings and such.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

rayray wrote: Since Sclafani brought up the possibility of DeCicco being a rat to Corrao before the Castellano hit, who else knew or how did DeCicco find out the info came from them? DeCicco must have been called on the carpet and even if he successfully defended himself why the hell is Castellano keeping this guy in his inner circle letting him arrange meetings and such.
The whole Ruggiero situation was a huge distraction for Castellano. He was busy worrying what a loudmouth heroin dealer said on some tapes when he should have been wondering who told the feds about the Commission meeting, where to place the bug in his house, etc.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

TommyGambino wrote:
bronx wrote:
Soliai wrote:
What relation was gus boy Sclafani who died a few years ago to the one your talking about?
cousin, Thomas
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

rayray wrote:Yea, I believe I read it somewhere last night that Sclafani was killed in Joe Butches club on Mulberry St. by Watts. Apparently, DeCicco told Gravano that Sclafani was the first that had to go. That's why I was wondering who they wanted gone right before and after the Castellano/Bilotti hit, even just shelved. I often wondered with Nino Gaggi and Roy DeMeo out of the picture if the Castellano/Bilotti hit would have been done or if it would have been more difficult to pull off if they were still around.

I saw that Gus Sclafani (Big Gus) and then Gus Sclafani (Gus Boy) one of the guys that helped that lunatic Gus Farace, the guy that killed the cop/ATF agent, wondered if they were father and son?

Since Sclafani brought up the possibility of DeCicco being a rat to Corrao before the Castellano hit, who else knew or how did DeCicco find out the info came from them? DeCicco must have been called on the carpet and even if he successfully defended himself why the hell is Castellano keeping this guy in his inner circle letting him arrange meetings and such.
paul was very mad at nino, he took him down from captain ..yes watts shot him
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

bronx wrote:
Soliai wrote:
Yea Gus should have gotten the hell out of dodge after they hit Paul. Are there any photos out there of Big Gus and Gus boy?......Soliai
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/cigar-bar-6423800

I was just browsing the net last night for no particular reason and came across this article by accident. This guy, Larry Amoruso, opened up a cigar shop at 140 Mulberry St, that was Corrao's club, I assume the one that Sclafani was murdered in by Watts? The cigar shop was next door to his father's restaurant, Florio's. Looks like he was doing fairly well then died, man can life suck. He must have caught the early wave of cigar smoking even though the NYC laws must have been a pain a little later. I know in my area cigar clubs were making big money and were doing very well, use to love them myself but haven't touched them after my cancer--something I do miss.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Gene gotti will be boss when he gets out. The gottis are mob royalty how many families have produced 3 bosses as well as capos and soldiers like the gottis?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

bronx wrote: paul was very mad at nino, he took him down from captain ..yes watts shot him

Gaggi getting knocked down have to do with the DeMeo crew getting too much light? I posted a pic of Gaggi (Gambino thread in Mugshot board) in the hospital handcuffed to his bed, but that might been from a different set of circumstances.. ;)
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pete wrote:Gene gotti will be boss when he gets out. The gottis are mob royalty how many families have produced 3 bosses as well as capos and soldiers like the gottis?
Go in the garage. Start the car. Get comfy.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Doobeez wrote:
bronx wrote: paul was very mad at nino, he took him down from captain ..yes watts shot him

Gaggi getting knocked down have to do with the DeMeo crew getting too much light? I posted a pic of Gaggi (Gambino thread in Mugshot board) in the hospital handcuffed to his bed, but that might been from a different set of circumstances.. ;)
yes ,,all about demo