General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:03 am Satan Disciples?
Yes Satan Disciples. A good portion of them were white in that area for obvious reasons.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:03 am Satan Disciples?
Yep, Satan's Disciples (IGSDN). They have had a major presence in Bridgeport since the '80s.

One thing that is notable about the SDs is that they have an explicitly entrepreneurial ethos written into their "constitution" and use members' dues for each chapter to fund the establishment of legit businesses to launder illegal income. While most of their activities naturally center on drug distribution, they are also active in engaging in any kind of illegal or legal income-generating enterprise (for example, the guy in this video who was a counterfeiter). I used to have a good friend back in the day who was an older SD from 21st and Oakley (that chapter also had Italian members) and knew a bunch of SDs from around Huron and Wood. They definitely had a distinctive organizational culture, and prided themselves on being "pro-business" and urge that their members also have legit jobs. One can imagine that the Bridgeport SDs have had occasion in the past to engage in "business" opportunities with the Chinatown crew.

This reprints some of their constitution (by-laws) and details their organizational structure (the "board"):
https://www.ngcrc.com/ngcrc/sataprof.htm
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:04 pm
Waingro wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:46 pm Don't know how to edit my own posts but it's at the 4:00-7:00 minute mark.
This guy wrote a book called “The Art of Making Money”. He was a former SD who grew up in the Chicago homes projects at 31st and Halsted. It was a very good book. He was Outfit connected. To this day, he still claims he never figured out exactly who that guy was that taught him how to make fake money.
lol...."never figured out exactly who that guy was that taught him how to make fake money" . The bridgeport way in full effect :D . He taught me how to counter-fit for a few years but I never caught his name.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Article about Roger Touhy in tribune today

https://www.chicagotribune.com/visuals/ ... llery.html
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Saw this on YouTube. It’s a video of mugshots of Outfit guys. Wish they would put the names of the guys bc there are a lot that I don’t recognize

https://youtu.be/F55vVLJy7aw
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Been fairly quiet on here so wanted to bring up a topic.....

We have several sources/transcripts from the 50s and 60's where outfit guys are discussing the Commission. Accardo/Giancana have several convos about it for example. However, we have much less information about how the outfit related to/worked with the national commission from the 70's on .

According to Cleveland Underboss Angelo Lonardo's 1988 testimony, the Midwest families were all a part of the "Chicago Commission" in the 70's and 80's.

Is this confirmed anywhere else?

Do we take this to mean all east coast business was managed by the traditional commission, and all midwest and west coast was managed by Chicago? I'm curious how disputes between Midwest and east coast families would be handled in this situation.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:53 am Been fairly quiet on here so wanted to bring up a topic.....

We have several sources/transcripts from the 50s and 60's where outfit guys are discussing the Commission. Accardo/Giancana have several convos about it for example. However, we have much less information about how the outfit related to/worked with the national commission from the 70's on .

According to Cleveland Underboss Angelo Lonardo's 1988 testimony, the Midwest families were all a part of the "Chicago Commission" in the 70's and 80's.

Do we take this to mean all east coast business was managed by the traditional commission, and all midwest and west coast was managed by Chicago? I'm curious how disputes between Midwest and east coast families would be handled in this situation.
Chicago represented all of the Midwest on the Commission (excluding Cleveland). This would mainly include KC and Milwaukee, but also Rockford and whatever was left of St. Louis. They still had a say in what happened out west, but L.A. was still represented by New York on the Commission (Gambinos maybe?). Detroit had their own seat, so they were also excluded.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:27 pm Saw this on YouTube. It’s a video of mugshots of Outfit guys. Wish they would put the names of the guys bc there are a lot that I don’t recognize

Pretty sure this is Vena:

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:49 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:27 pm Saw this on YouTube. It’s a video of mugshots of Outfit guys. Wish they would put the names of the guys bc there are a lot that I don’t recognize

Yep that definitely looks like him
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I saw this on Facebook. Anybody know what this is about?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

No idea, but I had thought that Local had been purged and reformed some time ago. Smells like bullshit

This is the last one I'll post here; I'll post any others in the photo section:

Joe Andriacchi
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:27 pm
Coloboy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:53 am Been fairly quiet on here so wanted to bring up a topic.....

Chicago represented all of the Midwest on the Commission (excluding Cleveland). This would mainly include KC and Milwaukee, but also Rockford and whatever was left of St. Louis. They still had a say in what happened out west, but L.A. was still represented by New York on the Commission (Gambinos maybe?). Detroit had their own seat, so they were also excluded.
So the sense is that Chicago (and the families it represented) didn't constitute their own commission? Rather that the Outfit just represented those families on the national level?

I only ask because Lonardo's testimony gives the impression they were 2 totally different organizations (Chicago Commission and NYC commission).
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:54 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Yep that definitely looks like him
100% him.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:02 pm No idea, but I had thought that Local had been purged and reformed some time ago. Smells like bullshit

This is the last one I'll post here; I'll post any others in the photo section:

Joe Andriacchi
This from the 90s?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:04 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:27 pm

So the sense is that Chicago (and the families it represented) didn't constitute their own commission? Rather that the Outfit just represented those families on the national level?

I only ask because Lonardo's testimony gives the impression they were 2 totally different organizations (Chicago Commission and NYC commission).
Lonardo did state it in a way that sounded like it was a separate "Commission", but I highly doubt that it was a formally recognized body. My reading of it is that Chicago functioned like the Commission to some of the Midwest families. Chicago had avugad status and thus could not only represent other families on the Commission but I presume that they could also serve to mediate disputes with these other families without it necessarily having to go to the Commission. In other words, Chicago's admin could serve to arbitrate or mediate problems with these other families and help them come to a resolution. There is evidence that even under Capone Chicago was already helping to resolve problems in other families like Cleveland, Detroit, and LA (IIRC). Lonardo also stated that Detroit was under Chicago's "Commission", and we know that Detroit had previously had its own Commission seat. Could be that by the early '80s, Detroit was represented by Chicago (though it seems to me that after Detroit apparently no longer had a direct Commission seat they were subsequently represented by the Genovese, as was Cleveland, of course. Given the close relationship between Chicago and the Genovese [the Westside/Westside partnership], wouldn't surprise me if the Genovese may have delegated some of their avugad duties in the Midwest to Chicago for some things). Or it could just be that, as the most politically powerful family outside of NY, Detroit turned to Chicago to help them resolve some issues at times. I haven't seen any other claims that support the idea that Chicago had its own "Commission", which would have been a major deal in terms of national LCN politics. Certainly, if any such arrangement had been going on earlier, guys like Maniaci, Bompensiero, Frattiano, Piscopo, would've mentioned it.

From an earlier period, Mike Clemente was caught on wiretap telling Joe Schipani that the Commission was scheduled to meet in Chicago regarding the Gallo-Profaci conflict. Not sure if the Commission held other meetings in Chicago, but this mention was very interesting. For me, it hearkens back to Maranzano holding the meeting following the Cast War in Chicago and goes to show that Chicago wasn't just another seat on the Commission but was considered a major political factor (and we know that Chicago was actively involved in resolving the Profaci family crisis).