General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by B. »

The issue came from Pollina telling other Philly leaders he was going to "cut Bruno's legs off". It was interpreted as a threat on Bruno's life but Pollina said he just wanted to reel Bruno back in to Philly, as he had been spending most of his time in Florida and Cuba in the 1950s. Pollina wanted Bruno to be underboss or a captain in Philly when he became boss but Bruno told him he'd only become a captain if he could move to Florida full time and have nobody under him.

The FBI recorded Bruno and Pollina discussing the phrase again later and Pollina doubled down that he meant it metaphorically.

I don't think Pollina was actually going to kill him but Pollina lied to the Commission about their problems so they broke him.
Ninored
Associate

Post by Ninored »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:07 pm Sooo… DID ANYONE PAY FOR MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA!?!?

I am kinda disappointed we can’t dissect what they say lol… it really is rare we got a chance to see 2 former high ranking mafia members talk about themselves about which was more a fuck up

There’s gotta be someone here who paid lol
All ten episodes of it
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2ke395mzargat/MSOA
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ninored wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:28 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:07 pm Sooo… DID ANYONE PAY FOR MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA!?!?

I am kinda disappointed we can’t dissect what they say lol… it really is rare we got a chance to see 2 former high ranking mafia members talk about themselves about which was more a fuck up

There’s gotta be someone here who paid lol
All ten episodes of it
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2ke395mzargat/MSOA
Won’t let met down load bit thanks anyways

If anyone can do it and feel like doing rundowns that’s cool
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:30 pm What happened to THE MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA???
As someone who watched the whole thing…I didn’t learn nearly as much as I thought I would. Def not worth 40 bucks.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Captbony1999 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:53 am Who are the oldest mobsters?
I remember in D’Arcos book he described after being made captain of Varios old crew he was driven to meet a solider that was well into his 90s. I don’t think D’Arco could remember his name but said he said that he couldn’t walk well but could still (he made the sign of the gun).
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:03 pm
Captbony1999 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:53 am Who are the oldest mobsters?
I remember in D’Arcos book he described after being made captain of Varios old crew he was driven to meet a solider that was well into his 90s. I don’t think D’Arco could remember his name but said he said that he couldn’t walk well but could still (he made the sign of the gun).
I wonder how guys reacted when D’Arco was made captain & given not just any crew but one of the most powerful crews in the family.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

& by other guys I mean more capable guys who were clipping people for Vic & Gas
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:14 pm & by other guys I mean more capable guys who were clipping people for Vic & Gas
Yeah there were some heavy hitters in that crew. I’d imagine based on stature and seniority Little Al was picked.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Paolo D’Anna
DonPeppino386 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:59 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:14 pm & by other guys I mean more capable guys who were clipping people for Vic & Gas
Yeah there were some heavy hitters in that crew. I’d imagine based on stature and seniority Little Al was picked.
There were guys with much greater stature and much more seniority than D’Arco. If they were going by those two measures someone like Bruno Facciolo would have been made captain of the Vario crew. D’Arco get’s it because Amuso felt he could control him.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:54 am
Paolo D’Anna
There were guys with much greater stature and much more seniority than D’Arco. If they were going by those two measures someone like Bruno Facciolo would have been made captain of the Vario crew. D’Arco get’s it because Amuso felt he could control him.
Al even said that before he was a capo his life as a made man sucked

And deff agree that’s what put him in position was being close with amuso and casso.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

In Sicily/Italy do bosses hold onto positions in prison like it seems they do here??
Peter Gotti
Amuso
Persico
All bosses who held onto rank in US

In Sicily you got….riina and provenzano
Matteo denero maybe
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

How would the shelving process go? Would the mobster attend a meeting & the administration tells him or what?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:45 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:54 am
Paolo D’Anna
Al even said that before he was a capo his life as a made man sucked

And deff agree that’s what put him in position was being close with amuso and casso.
He got made right before he went to prison, then after he was released from prison he couldn't make any moves because he was on parole. From what I remember, he owned a factory that made cardboard boxes, and eventually he opened up a burger joint. He never made any real money until he became a captain and had made guys kicking up.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:14 pm How would the shelving process go? Would the mobster attend a meeting & the administration tells him or what?
When you’re getting shelved you don’t get the respect of entire administration gathering to tell you that’s for sure. Usually the person’s immediate superior would deliver the news but it can go a million different ways.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 am
Shellackhead wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:14 pm How would the shelving process go? Would the mobster attend a meeting & the administration tells him or what?
When you’re getting shelved you don’t get the respect of entire administration gathering to tell you that’s for sure. Usually the person’s immediate superior would deliver the news but it can go a million different ways.
Thanks that makes sense.