Gravano's most insane lie

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Gravano's most insane lie

Post by B. »

Saw his episode on Adam Carolla last year: https://youtu.be/vPOnumwcob4

- Says when he moved to Arizona after he flipped in the 1990s a made member was an FBI CI and recorded Joe Bonanno telling Bill Bonanno he wanted to to arrange a meeting w/ Gravano. Bill said he didn't want to meet because Sammy was a rat, but Joe insisted as Sammy was "dangerous" and might put them in a trunk.

- Sammy said Bonanno sent the member CI to talk to Gravano to arrange a meeting and Sammy was willing to meet with Bonanno but assured him everything would be fine as long as Bonanno didn't mess with his family, otherwise he'd go "on the warpath". Gravano says he sent word back to tell Joe Bonanno that he (Gravano) had no interest in "taking over" Arizona. He says Bonanno sent word back that he "appreciates the message" and if anyone bothers Gravano that they'd have his back as "he's in our circle".

- Says the FBI got in touch with him about it and told him if he meets with Joe Bonanno he'd violate his parole.

My take on Sammy is he exaggerates and spins things, but this is Ralph Natale level bullshit. Might as well have said Bonanno made him underboss of the Tucson Family.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gravano's most insane lie

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Gravano was honest with Diane Sawyer in that interview and also in his book Underboss but all these years later, Sammy is kind of starting to exaggerate some things.Certain things that he has said make me think that he definitely would have put it in his book Underboss if it did really happen.An example of this is when he said that he sat down with Corallo and Salerno when Sammy was under Paul Castellano.
This story sounds a little more believable because he claims that there are FBI recordings of it and he says that the FBI got in touch with him.Surely there’s got to be some sort of document about this in the FBI to verify this story.
Ninored
Associate

Post by Ninored »

He's a narcissist that likes to embellish things in order to boost his own ego.

On his YouTube channel, there's an episode about Benny Eggs bringing 10-12 guys to a sitdown about the windows scam, and Benny telling Sammy that 'you’re too smart at this game’ so he had to bring them. Sammy makes the whole situation sounds as if he was schooling Benny Eggs how to conduct himself as an underboss.

Also goes on about on about that People used to look at him like he was lucky Luciano or Al Capone, and that he was a legend in his own time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DtxCTUBPNDY Starts at 23:30 about the benny eggs and the legend stuff
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Legend in his own mind.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

We tend to forget this guys a Grade A piece of shit. Clipped 19 people including his best friend.

Telling a lie to this guy is, comparatively, so small a moral infraction its not even comparable.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:58 pm We tend to forget this guys a Grade A piece of shit. Clipped 19 people including his best friend.

Telling a lie to this guy is, comparatively, so small a moral infraction its not even comparable.
I don't think anyone on here have forgotten Gravano's history or felt this lie was worse than killing his bro-in-law.

Stood out to me because normally his questionable statements are at least a little more down to earth, but the idea of a 90+ year old Joe Bonanno worrying about a rat killing the Bonannos in Arizona and considering Gravano part of his inner circle after receiving assurance from Gravano takes it to another level.

Can pretty much throw out any claims Gravano makes that don't sound right, major kick in the balls to his credibility. Some of us were on the fence about his Fratianno, Demeo, etc. stories but now I question anything he didn't say under oath.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I stopped watching his videos a long time ago, when he was making the DeMeo’s stories.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

I've given up on Franzese and Gravano all together at this point. Michael basically repeats himself word for word in every interview, and Sammy is running out of content. He never told any stories that he hadn't already covered in his book anyway.

At least we still have Don Alite and Gianni Russo. :lol:
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

B. wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:33 pm Can pretty much throw out any claims Gravano makes that don't sound right, major kick in the balls to his credibility. Some of us were on the fence about his Fratianno, Demeo, etc. stories but now I question anything he didn't say under oath.
Yes. Sad. A great resource lost. Shame.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Fifty fucking Bonanno rats and not one wants to write a book or set up a podcast.
Kill for a biography/ podcast by Massino/Vitale/Coppa/Lino/Pisciotti/Barbieri

Whatta we get? Gene Borello. Sigh.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

If Massino did an episode about Montreal it would crack computer screens across the world.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

B. wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:57 pm If Massino did an episode about Montreal it would crack computer screens across the world.
I just got hard.

Burnstein/s/Dietch: Want to become famous? Find Massino and get a biography.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I was skeptical of the Bonanno story too. A lot of what he said last year sounded real fishy.
Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm Gravano started to lose me when he did the video of the Concrete Club and Roy DeMeo. A lot of what he said seemed a bit too convenient. Then his video on "Skinny Jimmy" Fratianno made it official. He straight up lied. Jimmy Fratianno, who was a stickler for the rules, breaks the introduction rule to meet a guy who was not even a made man. Of course Sammy said he was made, but his court testimony proves that he wasn't. So now I can't trust anything he says, at least after the Concrete Club video. He's lost his credibility with me. He's turned himself into the Forrest Gump of the Mafia who's in the middle of every important event to increase his views and likes on YouTube. Maybe he can get a million subscribers and start getting his own advertisers so he can make some real money.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:57 pm If Massino did an episode about Montreal it would crack computer screens across the world.
Need Vincenzo Morena to come forward and spill some beans online
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 pm
I just got hard.

Burnstein/s/Dietch: Want to become famous? Find Massino and get a biography.
Ha! I can smell the money now!