Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I enjoy a healthy debate as much as the next guy but this has run its course. Each side has clearly stated their positions. All we're doing now is running in circles. Nobodies minds are being changed from continued repetition.

How abut everybody take a rest until theres something new which might actually be worth discussing.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:27 pm I enjoy a healthy debate as much as the next guy but this has run its course. Each side has clearly stated their positions. All we're doing now is running in circles. Nobodies minds are being changed from continued repetition.

How abut everybody take a rest until theres something new which might actually be worth discussing.
+2
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Even though it's a dead end I enjoy revisiting this and debating a little bit with Wiseguy. It's good to talk with someone who disagrees about aspects of what the organization is because he thinks hard about his points. It's just a very different point of view from some of us.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain!
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:33 pm
If you're going to weigh in, at least avoid revisionist history. You've done enough of that with the early years in New York (sorry, couldn't resist)
Excuse me, but what do you mean by that crack?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He's hinted a couple times how he doesn't like that you guys found evidence the Genovese Family may not have been the first NYC Family. He's deeply infatuated with that Family and wants them to be the first group. It's come up before.

Not implying he was trying to insult your article, but he's shown that he dismisses some of the major findings in it.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Interesting. I don't visit this thread very often.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:20 pm Even though it's a dead end I enjoy revisiting this and debating a little bit with Wiseguy. It's good to talk with someone who disagrees about aspects of what the organization is because he thinks hard about his points. It's just a very different point of view from some of us.
Really intriguing that from all the way in Utah he gets so defensive about Buffalo. He has to be the only guy in Utah that cares about the "non existent" family in Buffalo the way he does. It's really an amazing behavior. I'm confused and understanding at the same time.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm Interesting. I don't visit this thread very often.
It's like a seasonal school dance at this point. You're better off.

One guy's the chaperone telling people they're dancing too close together, meanwhile everyone is just waiting for the after party. The chaperone has it out for NickleCity because he's telling people there's going to be a keg. Most people are fine with whatever as long as there's a little bit of alcohol.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:06 am
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm Interesting. I don't visit this thread very often.
It's like a seasonal school dance at this point. You're better off.

One guy's the chaperone telling people they're dancing too close together, meanwhile everyone is just waiting for the after party. The chaperone has it out for NickleCity because he's telling people there's going to be a keg. Most people are fine with whatever as long as there's a little bit of alcohol.
:lol:
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:12 pm We're still discovering unidentified members in NYC past and present where there's been extensive cooperation and multiple FBI teams dedicated to them for decades. Unless a member or bug confirms it, they're extremely limited as to who can be included on their confirmed lists, which are the ones used publicly.

The FBI well might have a suspected members list for Buffalo, as they do for all Families. They don't typically publish that info. Would be interesting to know why Bongiovanni was told Masecchia might be a member -- telling him Masecchia was a drug dealer and associate should be enough to discourage Bongiovanni but they felt the need to bring up possible membership. Whether that was one LE figure's opinion or pulled from a suspected member report isn't my call, but they used it to make their point to Bongiovanni.

They said this guy's father-in-law was a confirmed member and he's an associate and possible member. Framing the point around that tells us his involvement with Cosa Nostra was of great concern beyond criminal activity alone. They might not have the resources (member CI or bug) to confirm but that's available info and it's intetesting.
this case reminds me of the way they shaped James Martino in cleveland

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2015/12 ... ive_1.html
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

That Cleveland case might have provoked more speculation if a member in Youngstown attended a Gambino induction a few years earlier and got recorded by the new Ohio-based Gambino member saying he'd been named underboss in Youngstown by a newer Cleveland boss, whose nephews have also been linked to recent investigations. If longtime mafia figures had been killed recently in Youngstown, including both rivals and a first cousin of the Youngstown underboss, you'd be right to ask pointed questions about what's going on.

You can understand why people wonder if there are a couple common threads running through all of this opposed to just telling people they're stupid or crazy to even think about it.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:21 am That Cleveland case might have provoked more speculation if a member in Youngstown attended a Gambino induction a few years earlier and got recorded by the new Ohio-based Gambino member saying he'd been named underboss in Youngstown by a newer Cleveland boss, whose nephews have also been linked to recent investigations. If longtime mafia figures had been killed recently in Youngstown, including both rivals and a first cousin of the Youngstown underboss, you'd be right to ask pointed questions about what's going on.

You can understand why people wonder if there are a couple common threads running through all of this opposed to just telling people they're stupid or crazy to even think about it.
+3
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You kiss ass with the best of them Rooster. I'll give you that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:21 am That Cleveland case might have provoked more speculation if a member in Youngstown attended a Gambino induction a few years earlier and got recorded by the new Ohio-based Gambino member saying he'd been named underboss in Youngstown by a newer Cleveland boss, whose nephews have also been linked to recent investigations. If longtime mafia figures had been killed recently in Youngstown, including both rivals and a first cousin of the Youngstown underboss, you'd be right to ask pointed questions about what's going on.

martino met with joe loose to find a hitman
I am talking about the way the media said he was a mafia member , the common joe would belive it , andhe did have ties to certain people from where he grew up , in reality he was a wannabe who worked as a carpentor for the county and his cousin was eugene ciasullo, but to the average person he was a connnected guy, hense why the guy approcahed martino to help kill someone

in buffalo its basieclaly the same kind of case the guys who happened to be related to some mobsters got busted ,

also note you dont think the feds went all out trying to tie this dea agent to someone bigger then gerace ? you really think there that smart ? they were messages witness calling them rats on facebook
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo