General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:43 pm Roemer and the Chicago Crime Commission labeled Angelini's partner Dominic Cortina as the Cicero crew capo. May have seen Angelini as a capo but can't recall the source.

Regarding Pinelli, if he was a capo anywhere it seems that it had to be in Lake County, IN. If this is correct, it implies an answer to your Morgano question.
Maybe I was thinking of Cortina, those two were like Frick and Frack, so I might've mixed them up.

With Pinelli and Morgano, that's exactly my thoughts on it. Perhaps after Morgano was deported, the IN crew was folded into the Heights. Unlike Pinelli, so far as I know Morgano was never identified as a capo, though.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It's possible. Some think Frank Zizzo was a capo though.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:59 pm It's possible. Some think Frank Zizzo was a capo though.
It's possible. From what we know Bernie Morgano was under the Heights, but Zizzo I think could be questionable.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:01 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:59 pm It's possible. Some think Frank Zizzo was a capo though.
It's possible. From what we know Bernie Morgano was under the Heights, but Zizzo I think could be questionable.
This was FBI understanding of the Heights succession, released in the early 90s:

Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

So no Al Tocco?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:08 am So no Al Tocco?
They said that he and Palermo shared the territory after Zizzo died, with Tocco running the Heights and southern Will County and Palermo running NW Indiana. I've seen conflicting evidence on this from other files, but it's probably not far from the truth.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tocco is the shorter name, Palermo the longer.

Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Interesting...
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Good info, Snakes. Is it possible then that IN remained a separate crew until 1982 when Zizzo took control over the entire territory? Maybe Palermo and Tocco were "co-capos" like Solano and DiVarco?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:06 am Good info, Snakes. Is it possible then that IN remained a separate crew until 1982 when Zizzo took control over the entire territory? Maybe Palermo and Tocco were "co-capos" like Solano and DiVarco?
I don't really know. Nick said Palermo was a capo when they killed D'Andrea and Palermo also sponsored Tocco when he was made.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

In regards to Charles Miceli, I just talked to Scott D about him. He has a file on him. He has Miceli’s three affidavits he made in 2000 trying to get witness protection in Tampa

This is straight from Scott D. Through those court filings Miceli alleges he is:
-cousin of Sam Giancana
-cousin of Vincent Gigante by marriage
-Cousin of John Gotti by marriage
-Made member of the Graziano family of Chicago
-A lieutenant in the Gambino/Profaci family
-that Vincent LoScaloz and strip club kingpin Joe Redner (who also ran for City Council a few times) contracted a hitman to take out Bob Buckhorn (former City councilman and mayor) because Buckhorn pushed for a lap dance ban in Tampa.

So obviously this guy is a bullshit artist. Probably is from a connected family in Chicago but is a conman. I wouldn’t believe anything he said after hearing this.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 am In regards to Charles Miceli, I just talked to Scott D about him. He has a file on him. He has Miceli’s three affidavits he made in 2000 trying to get witness protection in Tampa

This is straight from Scott D. Through those court filings Miceli alleges he is:
-cousin of Sam Giancana
-cousin of Vincent Gigante by marriage
-Cousin of John Gotti by marriage
-Made member of the Graziano family of Chicago
-A lieutenant in the Gambino/Profaci family
-that Vincent LoScaloz and strip club kingpin Joe Redner (who also ran for City Council a few times) contracted a hitman to take out Bob Buckhorn (former City councilman and mayor) because Buckhorn pushed for a lap dance ban in Tampa.

So obviously this guy is a bullshit artist. Probably is from a connected family in Chicago but is a conman. I wouldn’t believe anything he said after hearing this.
Wow... that's, really.... something...

Thanks for asking Scott D and reporting back.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He's just trying to cover for the fact that he's the current Buffalo consigliere and has a punch card for a free large pizza at La Nova. He got a trade-in for his Giordano's punch card... what we call a "transfer".
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:18 am He's just trying to cover for the fact that he's the current Buffalo consigliere and has a punch card for a free large pizza at La Nova. He got a trade-in for his Giordano's punch card... what we call a "transfer".
First he had to have the capo of the Graziano fratellanza send an email to Don Todaro “We of Elmwood Park…”. Don Cefalu and Don Bellomo were CC’d.

Also, some great info here. We finally have confirmation that the Colombos were indeed folded into the Gambinos in the 90s, as long suspected.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Have you guys seen this footage of Joey Lombardo being followed by a camera man then essentially using a bunch of random people to get away from said cameraman? That is really incredible - I have to believe Joey went to these people flashing money saying hey I need a favor. Really incredible footage of a guy I've only heard talk previously on wiretaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tlSp3l00g