Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Post by Angelo Santino »

1950's censuses come out month after next, might as well wait to utilize that info for this. Meanwhile, still looking up info on guys. Also will try to request photos from the FBI of these lesser known guys, can't hurt.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Joe G. Marino - Battle of the Bulge interview??

https://oralhistory.rutgers.edu/alphabe ... h-g-part-2
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Gym teacher in New Brunswick NJ who was in a college frat -- probably not him as the Gambino one was a NY guy but good thinking on the military angle. Wonder if there's a list of all Bulge survivors or POWs.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Jesus madonna mia. How many damned Joe Marinos were either A) born on the same day or B) were in Battle of the Bulge?

Same with Frank Bongiorno's dad Giuseppe marrying Marietta, there were ten Giuseppe Bongiornos and they all married Marys. Tedious to say the least.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Battle of the Bulge captured POWs on video- Joe Oxe where art thou?

https://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/irn1004368
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Here's the only lead I found.

When Joe Marino was first ID'd as a member he was said to be close to the Manninos from Torretta who were also Traina crew members -- member Angelo Mannino's mother was a Marino according to his marriage record:

Father - Vincenzo
Mother - Guiseppa Marino
Spouse - Rosina Rumore
Other - Saverio, Anna Cicello

Also stands out Angelo Mannino married a Rumore. She was from Bisacquino and her father's name Saverio Rumore is shared with the Gambino member Saverio "Sam" Rumore from Bisacquino though her father would be much older. Maybe a relation as the Gambino Rumore brothers were said to be close to the Traina crew.

Also means Angelo's sons Saverio "Sam" and Ignazio Mannino were half Torrettese and half Bisacquinese Gambino members. Can't escape those towns.

Doesn't answer the Joe Marino question but I'm thinking he was close to the Manninos because of a maternal relation... if he's related to Angelo via the mother Giuseppa Marino he'd probably be at least half Torrettese.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Thanks. Some of these guys I just cant figure out with the resources I have and may have to make some guesses but I'll include ?'s just to state that it's not 100% confirmed.
I think you're closer to it than I am and I'll defer to you. I have to admit that I think you're a better researcher than I.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

No way no how but thank you my friend.

- "John Mileno" was later clarified to be Ignazio "John" Mannino.

Another lead... a Joseph Marino (b. ~1924) lived in Bensonhurst and was a very close neighbor of Joe/Mario Traina:

- Lived right off 18th Avenue where Oxie Marino and the Traina crew hung out.

- Father Joseph/Giuseppe (b. 1885-86) and mother Josephine/Giuseppa (b. 1893-95). Father's brother Charles/Calogero lived with them and his wife was a DiCarlo from Corleone -- amazingly according to Justin Cascio's genealogy site she was the first cousin of the well-known Sicilian mafioso/Lucchese figure Angelo "Capitano" DiCarlo whose brother Calogero "Lelio" DiCarlo was ID'd by the FBI as a Gambino member. Looks like Calogero Marino lived in Corleone for a time with his wife but his naturalization says "Palermo".

- Possible naturalization match for Giuseppe Marino has him in Manhattan before Brooklyn and like brother Calogero says he was from "Palermo". Wife and son match, son Joe is said to be born September 9, 1923. Profession more or less matches (building trade) the Brooklyn one.

- "Palermo" could be a generalization for Torretta if they're in fact related to the Mannino mother. Could also be from another part of Palermo and still be related of course.

--

No 100% confirmation this is Joe Oxie but he was a neighbor of the Trainas whose crew Oxie joined and his aunt was a first cousin of Corleonese mafia figures, including one of the rare Corleonese affiliated with the Gambinos. The Palermo/Corleone marriage sort of goes along with Oxie's friends/possible relatives the Manninos being Torretta/Bisacquino.

If it's not Joe Oxie, there was a Joe Marino near the Trainas and 18th ave with incredible mafia ties in his own right. I'm thinking it's Oxie, though. Will see what else I can find later.
Last edited by B. on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Also would make sense for Oxie to have relatives in the life. Most of what we know of the Traina crew is multi-generation (LiCastris, Giardinas, SanFilippos, Trainas, Manninos) and 100% Sicilian.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

B. wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 am Image
Possible uncle Calogero Marino:

This is a guy to look into further. He and his brother are born in "Palermo" but connected through marriage to heavyweight Corleonese mafia figures and one of them was ID'd as a Gambino member despite coming from Corleone. Lived by the Trainas. There's something here.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Did the Gambino crime family have a crew in New Jersey? The articles that I have posted the links below talk about the arrest of Gambino members in New Jersey.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47102783/the-record/

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94859906/morning-news/

I think that Vinnie Teresa talks about Miceli in his book My life in the Mafia.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:01 pm Did the Gambino crime family have a crew in New Jersey? The articles that I have posted the links below talk about the arrest of Gambino members in New Jersey.

Yes they did. Here is the lineage of their main Jersey Crew. At various times some of their other crews have been active in Jersey as well.

Frank Perrone (1950s-Mid 1980s) Died.
Michael Mandaglia (Mid 1980s-Late 1980s)
Robert "Bobby Cabert" Bisacia (Late 1980s-199?) Imprisoned in 1993.
-Vincent "Juicy" DiModica (1993?-1998) Imprisoned.
Anthony “Tony Pro” Proto (????-Early/Mid 2000s)
Nicholas “Nicky Mita” Mitarotonda (Early/Mid 2000s-201?) Imprisoned in 2006.
Vincent “Jimmy Balls” Beltempo (201?-Present?)
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

sammy casaro ,
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:32 pm
davidf1989 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:01 pm Did the Gambino crime family have a crew in New Jersey? The articles that I have posted the links below talk about the arrest of Gambino members in New Jersey.

Yes they did. Here is the lineage of their main Jersey Crew. At various times some of their other crews have been active in Jersey as well.

Frank Perrone (1950s-Mid 1980s) Died.
Michael Mandaglia (Mid 1980s-Late 1980s)
Robert "Bobby Cabert" Bisacia (Late 1980s-199?) Imprisoned in 1993.
-Vincent "Juicy" DiModica (1993?-1998) Imprisoned.
Anthony “Tony Pro” Proto (????-Early/Mid 2000s)
Nicholas “Nicky Mita” Mitarotonda (Early/Mid 2000s-201?) Imprisoned in 2006.
Vincent “Jimmy Balls” Beltempo (201?-Present?)
From what I recall, in those recordings they said Beltempo was based in New York. So it appears he was overseeing whatever the family had going on in New Jersey.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. I remember an article mention that only two of the NY families now have Jersey based Crews. That has to be the Genovese and Luccheses.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.