Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Tom was takin notes.....he's gonna check it out,,,,but I wonder will he expose what he finds out.....dat will be a great episode. ......too many damn youtube channels......I had to start narrowing it down.....tom ,jp,Sammy,jimmy to name a couple that I like,,,,,not a fan of 4/5 hours worth but I get it,,,,guys jus shooting the shit having convo.......
Il

"I stab this guy,,I batted this guy,,,I killed this guy "......"I got pics of me at the ravenite",,(alive)....
Dat shit gets old....I'm interest in the cc business and parking lots ...that what's make me interested

This video t the ravenite,,,,,,yeah he was there,,but that whole video was from that 1 day.....I wonder how hard his handlers had to dig up that ONE clip
I been taught to listen to what's not said
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Pardon my nonrant,,,jus bored at the bar waiting on ENTERTAINMENT
I been taught to listen to what's not said
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 pm Tom is saying he's received death threats.

"Hi everyone... I now have received up to 4 death threats against my family and me directly from another creator an alleged former member of organized crime member as well as some of his followers. I have vetted these threats from friends from both sides of the law and they all consider these credible threats as I’ll be forced to take action. With that said this will be my only comment on the matter as the safety of my family is the only and top concern and father who heads a household."
LMAO. Tom is a good dude but , as dark as this sounds, this is kind of funny. The death threats were from some homeless guy who lives in his car and livestreams from his phone when he can buy data/minutes. I highly doubt law enforcement vetted them and found them credible
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Recent one with Frank Fiordilino is good.

- Frank says he went to Castellammare del Golfo with Sal Montagna in 1990. Says Sal was basically a kid at the time and they just hung out with friends. Says he was very close to Montagna, as they came from the same hometown and Montagna was old fashioned.

- Also says he was shocked when Montagna got made as he didn't come across like someone that involved. Said Montagna was basically just a guy who kept his mouth shut, worked, and was made because he earned money. Says after he got made, Montagna started to act exactly like his sponsor who was very charismatic. Doesn't name the sponsor or give the timeline.

- Frank says he didn't know the Montreal Bonanno guys well himself but saw them a couple of times when they'd come down for weddings/funerals. Felt they might have come down to meet with the Sicilian faction members but wouldn't have known about it himself.

- Sal Catalano's nephew was an associate who hung around the Giannini crew but I didn't catch the name. Wasn't one of the nephews with the Catalano surname.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

B. wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:09 am Says after he got made, Montagna started to act exactly like his sponsor who was very charismatic. Doesn't name the sponsor or give the timeline.
I figured it was probably either Basciano or Patty from the Bronx as the sponsor
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He apparently wasn't with the Bronx crew yet. Started out as an associate of Baldo Amato and Cicale said Montagna was moved over to DeFilippo when Sciascia was killed. Not sure if this implies Montagna was in Sciascia's crew, which would mean he was w/ the same crew as Montreal.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:30 pm He apparently wasn't with the Bronx crew yet. Started out as an associate of Baldo Amato and Cicale said Montagna was moved over to DeFilippo when Sciascia was killed. Not sure if this implies Montagna was in Sciascia's crew, which would mean he was w/ the same crew as Montreal.
I mean, according to Renauds book, he was FOR SURE Sciascias messenger to Montreal, said he didnt hesitate to drive the 6 hours or whatever just to whisper in ears. I'd say it's a pretty good assumption- extrapolation.....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wouldn't be surprised if that helped him get made. Sciascia couldn't go to Canada and Joe LoPresti was dead so Montagna would be a convenient liaison given his Canadian citizenship and ties. Sciascia apparently sponsored Peter Ligammari for membership so he could be a messenger to his father in prison so would fit that pattern. Knowing now Montagna's father was a Sicilian mafia member adds to his candidacy.

For his sponsor, question is if he got made before Baldo Amato went to prison. It does sound like he was made before Sciascia was killed. Sciascia was a charismatic guy and Fiordilino talks about him later but didn't mention him when he talked about Montagna's sponsor.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:45 pm Wouldn't be surprised if that helped him get made. Sciascia couldn't go to Canada and Joe LoPresti was dead so Montagna would be a convenient liaison given his Canadian citizenship and ties. Sciascia apparently sponsored Peter Ligammari for membership so he could be a messenger to his father in prison so would fit that pattern. Knowing now Montagna's father was a Sicilian mafia member adds to his candidacy.

For his sponsor, question is if he got made before Baldo Amato went to prison. It does sound like he was made before Sciascia was killed. Sciascia was a charismatic guy and Fiordilino talks about him later but didn't mention him when he talked about Montagna's sponsor.
The episode is no longer availible, or are they?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Montagna appears to have been inducted in 1998 and proposed by Sciascia according to this sentence in Renaud's book Cellule 8002 vs Mafia:
Selon des documents de l’ambassade américaine, Montagna a été invité en 1998 à se joindre au clan Bonnano par Gerlando Sciascia.

According to US Embassy documents, Montagna was invited in 1998 to join the Bonanno clan by Gerlando Sciascia.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great find, Chin. Timeline makes perfect sense -- why would Massino bring Montagna in to feel him out and assign him to a captain if he was just an associate of Baldo Amato? Sciascia was a popular guy with many friends/associates, makes sense Montagna was made at the time if he got special attention from the leadership.

Patty DeFilippo has a long history with Canada as well. Along with his 1966 arrest there and apparent attendance at Vito Rizzuto's wedding, the Magaddino tapes suggest Patty was a liaison to Canada for his father circa 1964/1965 when Vito DeFilippo had influence there. DeFilippo also had Guaragna under him whose family came from Cattolica -- curious if he had older links to the Nick Alfano crew which was in the Bronx and had a member from Cattolica close to the Montreal crew. Wonder if Massino made that assignment for a reason beyond keeping an eye on Montagna, especially given he wasn't a Bronx guy. Maybe Montagna continued to be Montreal liaison under DeFilippo, which is supported by Cicale saying Montagna held this role when Basciano was acting boss.

Pretty much already knew it, but Fiordilino confirming Montagna hung around the Giannini guys is further indication some of those younger Giannini guys like Zummo were brought in through his influence. Both of their fathers were Sicilian mafiosi from Trapani. The other guy on Tom's podcast (no idea who he was, but he's a researcher) said he heard Paul Ragusa was actually made after he got out of prison as well. Didn't seem like a bullshitter though he could have been confused/wrong and obviously need to wait for more info.

Zummo being chosen to make a guy in Canada and apparently already knowing Violi (someone had to make the formal introduction) is still a mystery that plays into this. The member he made was also an ex-Giannini guy.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:40 am
B. wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:45 pm Wouldn't be surprised if that helped him get made. Sciascia couldn't go to Canada and Joe LoPresti was dead so Montagna would be a convenient liaison given his Canadian citizenship and ties. Sciascia apparently sponsored Peter Ligammari for membership so he could be a messenger to his father in prison so would fit that pattern. Knowing now Montagna's father was a Sicilian mafia member adds to his candidacy.

The episode is no longer availible, or are they?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly0xJO1 ... rmchairMBA

It's still up. I recommend the other interviews Tom did w/ Fiordilino if they're still up also. Two of his uncles were Bonanno zip captains and he was related to Santo Giordano who he hasn't mentioned yet. His cousins are current members the Navarras and he also has/had immediate relatives in the CDG Family.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 pm
B. wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:30 pm He apparently wasn't with the Bronx crew yet. Started out as an associate of Baldo Amato and Cicale said Montagna was moved over to DeFilippo when Sciascia was killed. Not sure if this implies Montagna was in Sciascia's crew, which would mean he was w/ the same crew as Montreal.
I mean, according to Renauds book, he was FOR SURE Sciascias messenger to Montreal, said he didnt hesitate to drive the 6 hours or whatever just to whisper in ears. I'd say it's a pretty good assumption- extrapolation.....
+ 1 for using that word extrapolation... havent seen it in a minute haha
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:43 am Montagna appears to have been inducted in 1998 and proposed by Sciascia according to this sentence in Renaud's book Cellule 8002 vs Mafia:
Selon des documents de l’ambassade américaine, Montagna a été invité en 1998 à se joindre au clan Bonnano par Gerlando Sciascia.

According to US Embassy documents, Montagna was invited in 1998 to join the Bonanno clan by Gerlando Sciascia.
Thanks for the find
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Most of these Fiordilino interviews are good. He asked if Fiordilino thinks that Massino and Vitale talk now and the answer was an emphatic no. Good question i never really thought of.