General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:00 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:17 pm He said Bujdud is a president of the Outlaws, or something close. Louis Rainone is also an Outlaw.
Interested in knowing how that works. The Outlaws is a criminal organization and so is the Outfit. Can you be members of both? Who’s interest does he represent first?
They way he writes he's often hard to understand and confusing. So I asked him again and he said yes Bujdud is an Outlaw, no Rainone is not. Sorry for the confusion. I'm doing my best trying to get him to clarify.

This is Louis Rainone

Rainone, Louis.jpg
Thanks. He sure looks like Mario Rainone’s brother. Wonder if Mario was also a Player? Given that Mario was working for the Northside crew, I didn’t have him pegged as a Cicero guy.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Hey Ant, you tend to be skeptical so if you're passing along this info you must think that this guy is passing along information that is at least worth taking note of. Any particular reason you think he's legit? Just the apparent accuracy? Great stuff.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:22 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:00 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:17 pm He said Bujdud is a president of the Outlaws, or something close. Louis Rainone is also an Outlaw.
Interested in knowing how that works. The Outlaws is a criminal organization and so is the Outfit. Can you be members of both? Who’s interest does he represent first?
They way he writes he's often hard to understand and confusing. So I asked him again and he said yes Bujdud is an Outlaw, no Rainone is not. Sorry for the confusion. I'm doing my best trying to get him to clarify.

This is Louis Rainone

Rainone, Louis.jpg
Thanks. He sure looks like Mario Rainone’s brother. Wonder if Mario was also a Player? Given that Mario was working for the Northside crew, I didn’t have him pegged as a Cicero guy.
What else is new, so much intertwining with these guys and crews...as usual just impossible to keep up.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:25 pm Hey Ant, you tend to be skeptical so if you're passing along this info you must think that this guy is passing along information that is at least worth taking note of. Any particular reason you think he's legit? Just the apparent accuracy? Great stuff.
I wasn't sure if he was legit or not, but some of his info rang true and he shared several photos with me that suggested that he really knows these guys. The information seemed good enough to share. Then PolackTony, Patrick Gold and Snakes were able to make sense out of what he told me with their great research, and it seems to add up.

He says he personally knows Rainone, Mark Polchan, and Sal Cautedalla. He's met Solly D and is friends with his son Vincent. (Side note: I think Vincent could end up getting himself in trouble once his father is gone because he talks too much and doesn't take things seriously. Just my opinion). And he doesn't know anyone named Anthony Giannone.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:22 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:12 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:04 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:37 pm Someone who shall remain anonymous shared some info with me. I can't vouch for any of it, and I won't get into how he knows this. Anyways, I thought I would share the info with the group.

He said that Solly D is running the Outfit and Sal Cautadella is his underboss. He said Jimmy I stays in the background of the Cicero crew and Louis Rainone calls the shots. A guy named Joe Guarino is a heavy hitter for Rainone. The killing of Anthony Catalano was because he tried to steal a truck from the Cicero guys and Jimmy I ordered his death. In 2020 a guy named Bobby English (no relation - as far as he knows - to Chuckie English) was killed for the same reason.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... e-flournoy
https://www.facebook.com/lhfirm/posts/y ... 838050953/
Might be the same guy:
https://patch.com/illinois/bolingbrook/ ... st-charges
This might be the Louis Rainone:
https://www.leagle.com/decision/1988211 ... pp3d351208
Don't know if this is the same person:
https://abc7chicago.com/archive/8765519/
This is the Joseph Guarino he mentioned:
https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5 ... 493446955e
Great information Antiliar. Interesting observation I made. Louis Rainone is the owner of the pawn shop at 1203 S Cicero. The former owner of that same pawn shop was Mark Polchan the former 12th st player and current Outlaw MC member. this same store was the center of the Sarno indictment. The store was used as a fencing operation and basically the Cicero crews HQ. It’s now in the hands of Louis Rainone who is obviously connected with the outfit even though the feds or anyone else have ever identified him. I think the info you got is outstanding and thanks for sharing
Oh wow, thanks for connecting those dots. If it’s true that Sarno made some younger guys, maybe Rainone and Guarino were among them. My thinking had been that if they were bringing in new blood it would be earners. But it’s certainly possible that they brought in some hardcore gangsters like these guys. Given that Rainone did time for a gang related murder, I would imagine he moved up in the ranks of the Players and probably had tons of connects with other People alliance affiliated gangs within the prison system, which could be extremely useful, of course. Same as guys like Vena and Panozzo on Grand. These guys are sure to have tons of important criminal network connections within both Outfit and gang circles.
I think it would be correct to say that the current Outfit is being run by former members of Chicago street gangs, 12th st players from Cicero and the C-Notes from the patch in Chicago. The current administration is heavily filled with members from both of these gangs. This might be the most street gang members in the Outfit since the 42nd gang. I think it’s a very very high possibility that Sarno made members while he was acting boss. Has it been verified that he was a 12 st player? I would think yes considering many of his good friends were. Maybe he’s to old. Noble Knights were more in his age bracket.
It’s a moot point as apparently Sarno was around the Party Boys, but I double checked my info and the original Noble Knights, like the Players, were Italians and then later they recruited other Whites (and eventually Latinos). I was thinking of the Almighty Popes who were largely Polish and were also close allies of the Players back in the day. But I still believe that the Players and Knights started around the same time in the 60s. Before that there were older greaser gangs in the area like the Arch Dukes.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:25 pm Hey Ant, you tend to be skeptical so if you're passing along this info you must think that this guy is passing along information that is at least worth taking note of. Any particular reason you think he's legit? Just the apparent accuracy? Great stuff.
I wasn't sure if he was legit or not, but some of his info rang true and he shared several photos with me that suggested that he really knows these guys. The information seemed good enough to share. Then PolackTony, Patrick Gold and Snakes were able to make sense out of what he told me with their great research, and it seems to add up.

He says he personally knows Rainone, Mark Polchan, and Sal Cautedalla. He's met Solly D and is friends with his son Vincent. (Side note: I think Vincent could end up getting himself in trouble once his father is gone because he talks too much and doesn't take things seriously. Just my opinion). And he doesn't know anyone named Anthony Giannone.
These are some very serious and heavy guys. I’m glad he’s been talking to you, but one can fully understand why not a lot of people are going to talk about them even off the record. They’re not living under rocks though; people in their circles know them and what they’re about and there is always going to be word of mouth out there about them.

This guy doesn’t know anything about the other crews though? If he’s a Cicero guy and this is his circle then it would make sense that’s what he knows. Given that he knows Augie Monteleone, has he had any knowledge of potential Chinatown guys like Nick Ferriola or the Caruso kid?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I haven't asked him about Chinatown guys. If you have any questions you want me to ask, let me know.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Really interesting turn this thread has taken. You hear about these guys associating with gangs but this looks much deeper. Reminds me a little bit of what has come out about the Genovese Springfield group's ties to the local Latin King leader.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:37 pm Someone who shall remain anonymous shared some info with me. I can't vouch for any of it, and I won't get into how he knows this. Anyways, I thought I would share the info with the group.

He said that Solly D is running the Outfit and Sal Cautadella is his underboss. He said Jimmy I stays in the background of the Cicero crew and Louis Rainone calls the shots. A guy named Joe Guarino is a heavy hitter for Rainone. The killing of Anthony Catalano was because he tried to steal a truck from the Cicero guys and Jimmy I ordered his death. In 2020 a guy named Bobby English (no relation - as far as he knows - to Chuckie English) was killed for the same reason.

Might be the same guy:
Oh wow……

This Bobby English thing reminds me of what Chuckie Russell claimed (IIRC), which to paraphrase was something to the effect of killing guys in the “hood” to make it look like typical street crime.

Another thing to note is that in that FB photo English has a Playboy bunny logo on his skullcap. In Chicago that could mean VLs or Two Six, but in this case I’d suspect it’s more likely he was a 12th St Player (like Paulie Carparelli). Given Guarino’s arrest with drugs and weapons in Cicero in the 90s, I’d also suspect that he may have been a Player at that time. The incident from 1988 with Rainone also seems to have been gang related. Important to keep in mind that Albie Vena was a C-Note. Same with Panozzo and Paulie K. These street gangs have long had close ties to the Outfit and I strongly suspect have remained recruitment pools and farm teams for the Outfit. The C-Notes for Grand Ave (they also had a section in Elmwood Park called Spaghetti Hill for decades though I think that’s been defunct for a while) and the Players for Cicero, of course.

EDIT: Just to confirm, Louis Rainone was born in 1968 and grew up in Cicero. In 1986, when he was 18, he killed a guy in a gang hit which is the case referenced in the document Antiliar posted above. So I’d bet very good money Rainone was also a 12th St Player. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

EDIT EDIT: some other court documents related to the 1986 murder indicate that Rainone and his co-defendant were indeed 12th St Players and the kid they killed was a member of the rival Two Two Boys.
Just outta curiosity.....two two boys, like 22nd street? A Cermak crew?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 pm

You got me curious.... if you have a chance.... ask him if he knows any connected guys named Pappas... would be Greek guys...
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:28 pm I haven't asked him about Chinatown guys. If you have any questions you want me to ask, let me know.
Curious about whether or not the rumors are true that Dino Marino is fairly high up these days with Cicero..
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:36 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:52 pm

Might be the same guy:
Oh wow……

This Bobby English thing reminds me of what Chuckie Russell claimed (IIRC), which to paraphrase was something to the effect of killing guys in the “hood” to make it look like typical street crime.

Another thing to note is that in that FB photo English has a Playboy bunny logo on his skullcap. In Chicago that could mean VLs or Two Six, but in this case I’d suspect it’s more likely he was a 12th St Player (like Paulie Carparelli). Given Guarino’s arrest with drugs and weapons in Cicero in the 90s, I’d also suspect that he may have been a Player at that time. The incident from 1988 with Rainone also seems to have been gang related. Important to keep in mind that Albie Vena was a C-Note. Same with Panozzo and Paulie K. These street gangs have long had close ties to the Outfit and I strongly suspect have remained recruitment pools and farm teams for the Outfit. The C-Notes for Grand Ave (they also had a section in Elmwood Park called Spaghetti Hill for decades though I think that’s been defunct for a while) and the Players for Cicero, of course.

EDIT: Just to confirm, Louis Rainone was born in 1968 and grew up in Cicero. In 1986, when he was 18, he killed a guy in a gang hit which is the case referenced in the document Antiliar posted above. So I’d bet very good money Rainone was also a 12th St Player. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

EDIT EDIT: some other court documents related to the 1986 murder indicate that Rainone and his co-defendant were indeed 12th St Players and the kid they killed was a member of the rival Two Two Boys.
Just outta curiosity.....two two boys, like 22nd street? A Cermak crew?
Yep, as in Cermak (like how the 12th St Players started at Roosevelt and Austin). Insane Two Two Boys started as a Mexican gang in Pilsen and joined the Folks along with the SDs. In the 80s they made a move into Cicero and thus were warring with the local gangs like the Players and the Noble Knights.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I had some free time and was looking into the George Markopolous fire murder etc. Does anyone have any updated thoughts or opinions on that? It says he was shot as reported by nbchicago from a witness statement given to police back in 2011. But it seems as though the media reporting on it is almost complict because there is a lack of articles discussing how suspicious this is. In 2019 from abc7chicago Leah Hope states how him and another victim Wendy Bonder were beaten to death.
It could of been.
This could be a similar situation of some transient in the area and a crime of opportunity like the James Gerage murder and speculation on that being an outfit hit and it turned out to be at least in my strong opinion it wasn't. Maybe chicago is just a really violent city and some opportunity crime(s) are so abstract that any theory is plausible
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 am I had some free time and was looking into the George Markopolous fire murder etc. Does anyone have any updated thoughts or opinions on that? It says he was shot as reported by nbchicago from a witness statement given to police back in 2011. But it seems as though the media reporting on it is almost complict because there is a lack of articles discussing how suspicious this is. In 2019 from abc7chicago Leah Hope states how him and another victim Wendy Bonder were beaten to death.
It could of been.
This could be a similar situation of some transient in the area and a crime of opportunity like the James Gerage murder and speculation on that being an outfit hit and it turned out to be at least in my strong opinion it wasn't. Maybe chicago is just a really violent city and some opportunity crime(s) are so abstract that any theory is plausible
This guy wasn't killed in Chicago it was Schiller Park - the suburbs. His bar was set up like a Casino mimicking the Horseshoe Casino in Gary Indiana and it was filled with video poker machines and hookers - I'd rather play those joker poker machines for five hours than put money on that being random :lol:
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:44 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 am I had some free time and was looking into the George Markopolous fire murder etc. Does anyone have any updated thoughts or opinions on that? It says he was shot as reported by nbchicago from a witness statement given to police back in 2011. But it seems as though the media reporting on it is almost complict because there is a lack of articles discussing how suspicious this is. In 2019 from abc7chicago Leah Hope states how him and another victim Wendy Bonder were beaten to death.
It could of been.
This guy wasn't killed in Chicago it was Schiller Park - the suburbs. His bar was set up like a Casino mimicking the Horseshoe Casino in Gary Indiana and it was filled with video poker machines and hookers - I'd rather play those joker poker machines for five hours than put money on that being random :lol:
I always thought that Steven Mandell was the one involved in that murder. Obviously I have no proof of that but he was connected to that murder in Highland Park and it was the same MO. Murdered and then arson. This guy was crazy. Maybe the owner owed money or refused to pay a tax for his gambling machines and Mandell took care of it. The female bartender could have been collateral damage. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.