Matthew Madonna

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Matthew Madonna

Post by Browniety86 »

I know Madonna's history of heroin dealing prior to being made, but can anyone shed any light on how Madonna was in the life? Was he liked as acting boss? What was his reputation? I'd say very respected as he stood up and done his time. Just curious for more info.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Matthew Madonna

Post by Shellackhead »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 pm I know Madonna's history of heroin dealing prior to being made, but can anyone shed any light on how Madonna was in the life? Was he liked as acting boss? What was his reputation? I'd say very respected as he stood up and done his time. Just curious for more info.
He had a very fast ascension, he wasn’t around for the Corallo or the Vic & Gas reigns. I think when he got made he was promoted to an administration spot soon after.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:50 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 pm I know Madonna's history of heroin dealing prior to being made, but can anyone shed any light on how Madonna was in the life? Was he liked as acting boss? What was his reputation? I'd say very respected as he stood up and done his time. Just curious for more info.
He had a very fast ascension, he wasn’t around for the Corallo or the Vic & Gas reigns. I think when he got made he was promoted to an administration spot soon after.
Pretty sure was made in 98 after parole restrictions lifted and made a captain rather quickly but no crew...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

His time being around the Lucchese's was the 70s and him being involved in heroin dealing, I just wonder of he was close with Gigi The Whale or Carmine Tramunti
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:54 pm
Pretty sure was made in 98 after parole restrictions lifted and made a captain rather quickly but no crew...
No crew? Any proof of that?
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

John Pennisi - "Matty was very loud and boisterous, and he got a little greedy. He's a nice guy, 100 percent for the life. I respected him but didn't see him as boss material. We looked to Stevie as our guy. Unofficially he was our guy."

Sideburns: “He’s a loudmouth who got close to Vic in the can. Comes home, they make him a captain with no men. Joe C sends me to collect $5,000 from him for Christmas. He moaned and groaned how he didn’t have it but said he would go borrow the money. I know that is why he has a hard-on for me now that he is in a position.”

Matty served 32 years in prison before going back in 2017.The whole issue between the Lucchese Family and the Bonnano Family stemmed from Matty’s refusal to recognise Mikey the nose Mancuso as boss of the Bonnano Family.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 pm John Pennisi - "Matty was very loud and boisterous, and he got a little greedy. He's a nice guy, 100 percent for the life. I respected him but didn't see him as boss material. We looked to Stevie as our guy. Unofficially he was our guy."

Sideburns: “He’s a loudmouth who got close to Vic in the can. Comes home, they make him a captain with no men. Joe C sends me to collect $5,000 from him for Christmas. He moaned and groaned how he didn’t have it but said he would go borrow the money. I know that is why he has a hard-on for me now that he is in a position.”

Matty served 32 years in prison before going back in 2017.The whole issue between the Lucchese Family and the Bonnano Family stemmed from Matty’s refusal to recognise Mikey the nose Mancuso as boss of the Bonnano Family.
Was that because mancuso was made under massino’s reign?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 pm John Pennisi - "Matty was very loud and boisterous, and he got a little greedy. He's a nice guy, 100 percent for the life. I respected him but didn't see him as boss material. We looked to Stevie as our guy. Unofficially he was our guy."

I don't think so. Both are Bronx guys Both were former Junk dealers in the 70s. So there is a history there.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

While at a Lucchese family wake in 2012, a Lucchese member told Johnny Joe Jr the Lucchese family would no longer recognize Bonanno boss Michael “Mikey Nose” Mancuso. Specifically, former acting boss Mathew “Matty” Madonna stated, ” We do not recognize a boss who is in the [can] prison.” Further, Madonna insinuated Mancuso was a “Rat” because of a letter he wrote the ex-wife of Joseph “Joey Relay” Lubrano, a Lucchese caporegime. Mancuso, prior to incarceration had been dating the woman. A very attractive woman who at the time of the wake started dating Lucchese associate, Joseph “Joey Cupcakes” Urgitano – who brought the so-called (jail mail) to Madonna. Unbeknownst was the content of the letter but Madonna felt it was enough to suggest the Bonanno [borgata] take Mancuso down from his position as boss. A suggestion taken as an insult and ignored.

https://sitdownnews.com/bonanno-wiseguy ... f-a-boss/
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

dave wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:07 pm

While at a Lucchese family wake in 2012, a Lucchese member told Johnny Joe Jr the Lucchese family would no longer recognize Bonanno boss Michael “Mikey Nose” Mancuso. Specifically, former acting boss Mathew “Matty” Madonna stated, ” We do not recognize a boss who is in the [can] prison.” Further, Madonna insinuated Mancuso was a “Rat” because of a letter he wrote the ex-wife of Joseph “Joey Relay” Lubrano, a Lucchese caporegime. Mancuso, prior to incarceration had been dating the woman. A very attractive woman who at the time of the wake started dating Lucchese associate, Joseph “Joey Cupcakes” Urgitano – who brought the so-called (jail mail) to Madonna. Unbeknownst was the content of the letter but Madonna felt it was enough to suggest the Bonanno [borgata] take Mancuso down from his position as boss. A suggestion taken as an insult and ignored.

https://sitdownnews.com/bonanno-wiseguy ... f-a-boss/
Thanks bro
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Thank you everybody for the info. Alot of things I didn't know
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Mancuso was from East Harlem and I'm going out on a limb to say that him and Madonna probably moved within the same circles their entire lives and may have had petty but longstanding problems. Just a guess.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

It wasn’t because of that, Dave has given the correct explanation
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

At his trial, there was evidence that Madonna had been a member of the Purple Gang, along with the Meldish bros. He was busted in 1976, given a 30 year sentence. Think he did 27 years on the case.

Madonna through Brian Vaughn was taking extortion money from food vendors at construction sites. Vaughn would kick money up to James Mafrucci who was supposed to give it to Joey datello to turn over to Madonna. Vaughn was picked up on recordings complaining about Maffucci pocketing the cash on occasion. Madonna eventually ordered Vaughn to a meeting and held him responsible for paying up the money.

In other recordings Datello complained about Madonna disparaging Datello to Crea.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Madonna get 31 years in December 1976 but went out in 1995 and was made in 1998. He made almost 20 years in prison.