General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:26 am
Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 am
I think the idea of ruling council/BOD lost a ton of steam the further away from the sixties we got. It was just never mentioned by informants or files from the 70s and on. I was never big on it anyway, but considering the size of the organization and how many guys were imprisoned by the mid-90s it doesn't make much sense to have a boss, underboss, and a BOD. However, if someone wants to say that the capos acted as a sort of de facto BOD, I'll buy it.

I think the situation in the late-90s was Monteleone as boss, handling street issues and conflicts with direct responsibility over Cicero and Chinatown (with assistance from Tornabene, Spano, and Toots Caruso). Centracchio bossed the NW suburbs and Grand Avenue, deferring to Monteleone, and Andriacchi bossed EP and the North Side but was pretty much just left alone by Monteleone.
I agree on the BOD and the late 1990s setup. The confusion comes after Monteleone died. What we've been told is that Tornabene became a caretaker boss, holding the position for Marcello, who officially takes it in late 2003. No information about their respective underbosses. Once Marcello is convicted and sentenced in the Family Secrets case it goes to Mike Sarno, with Salvatore Cataudella as his apparent underboss. Sarno is convicted and sent to prison and we read vague quotes about Salvatore DeLaurentis and Pete DiFronzo being important people, but no official statements that clearly state who was (or is) occupying which positions. Questions persist about the roles of John DiFronzo and Joe Andriacchi.

Of course if DeLaurentis is running what's left of the Outfit you wouldn't know it from his behavior. He continues to run an extermination company into his 80s, and he makes a Facebook page that he uses to upload photos that anyone can see. (Not to mention his son being active in Mafia groups). I think he now has cancer like Andriacchi had a few years earlier. Albert Vena, we were told ran Grand Avenue, but who knows what his role is today in 2022? Is there anything that I'm missing?
As more time goes by, the more I think some of these old timers are not even involved anymore. Like you said, Solly D is all over Facebook and his son is on their saying how he is retired. I thought Jimmy I for sure would be active. I heard recently he’s trying to finance a movie, which shocked the hell out of me. Bobby Bellavia is also involved in doing a documentary with Joey Seifert’s company. Then you have Scalise who has been involved with director Michael
Mann in the past and he is trying to get a movie made. He’s supposedly living in Milwaukee now which is the last I heard. The stuff these guys are doing, tells you that they are retired and just trying to make a quick buck. I get it, the Outfit doesn’t have a retirement fund. The Outfit is still active for sure but I think we may be looking in the wrong places when trying to identify the top spot.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:39 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:48 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:45 pm
I have been seeing him posting on the Outfit groups on Facebook. Says he was Centracchio’s step son. I think it’s possible that he went to the top spot but like it was pointed out earlier, he was under indictment and more likely going to jail like everyone else did in that indictment. I think the Mayor of Stone Park was indictment with him?? Who would make someone boss knowing that they were going to prison and dealing with an indictment. I think it’s more likely he was part of a ruling board that I think has been put in place in Chicago for some time.
You could be right, but I just wanted to put this information out there just in case.
It's always a possibility that the BOD/ruling council model from the past was never done away with in Chicago. If so, that could also account for some of the confusion around the exact succession in this later period.
I think the idea of ruling council/BOD lost a ton of steam the further away from the sixties we got. It was just never mentioned by informants or files from the 70s and on.
Agreed, was just throwing it out there. The last mention of a ruling council by a CI that I’m aware of was in the 70s under Aiuppa. Nick Calabrese never mentioned anything like it.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 am
Antiliar wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:26 am
I think the idea of ruling council/BOD lost a ton of steam the further away from the sixties we got. It was just never mentioned by informants or files from the 70s and on. I was never big on it anyway, but considering the size of the organization and how many guys were imprisoned by the mid-90s it doesn't make much sense to have a boss, underboss, and a BOD. However, if someone wants to say that the capos acted as a sort of de facto BOD, I'll buy it.

I think the situation in the late-90s was Monteleone as boss, handling street issues and conflicts with direct responsibility over Cicero and Chinatown (with assistance from Tornabene, Spano, and Toots Caruso). Centracchio bossed the NW suburbs and Grand Avenue, deferring to Monteleone, and Andriacchi bossed EP and the North Side but was pretty much just left alone by Monteleone.
I agree on the BOD and the late 1990s setup. The confusion comes after Monteleone died. What we've been told is that Tornabene became a caretaker boss, holding the position for Marcello, who officially takes it in late 2003. No information about their respective underbosses. Once Marcello is convicted and sentenced in the Family Secrets case it goes to Mike Sarno, with Salvatore Cataudella as his apparent underboss. Sarno is convicted and sent to prison and we read vague quotes about Salvatore DeLaurentis and Pete DiFronzo being important people, but no official statements that clearly state who was (or is) occupying which positions. Questions persist about the roles of John DiFronzo and Joe Andriacchi.

Of course if DeLaurentis is running what's left of the Outfit you wouldn't know it from his behavior. He continues to run an extermination company into his 80s, and he makes a Facebook page that he uses to upload photos that anyone can see. (Not to mention his son being active in Mafia groups). I think he now has cancer like Andriacchi had a few years earlier. Albert Vena, we were told ran Grand Avenue, but who knows what his role is today in 2022? Is there anything that I'm missing?
As more time goes by, the more I think some of these old timers are not even involved anymore. Like you said, Solly D is all over Facebook and his son is on their saying how he is retired. I thought Jimmy I for sure would be active. I heard recently he’s trying to finance a movie, which shocked the hell out of me. Bobby Bellavia is also involved in doing a documentary with Joey Seifert’s company. Then you have Scalise who has been involved with director Michael
Mann in the past and he is trying to get a movie made. He’s supposedly living in Milwaukee now which is the last I heard. The stuff these guys are doing, tells you that they are retired and just trying to make a quick buck. I get it, the Outfit doesn’t have a retirement fund. The Outfit is still active for sure but I think we may be looking in the wrong places when trying to identify the top spot.
I honestly do think that there are some younger guys that we don't know about. Then again, I'm not sure how much they care about keeping the organization intact as a branch of LCN as much as a purely criminal organization. It could be a deal like Cleveland where everyone died or went to prison and the guys that were left never made anyone, allowing the organization to die out.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I think it’s very possible a board of directors type leadership was in place sometime in the 90s or early 2000s. You see guys like Adriaccha, D’Amico and John and Pete DiFronzo that nobody knew where exactly they fit in. I always saw Marcello and Sarno as street bosses that were actively running the street operation with more powerful people behind the scenes. Obviously this is just my personal opinion.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

So, is this really Frank Buccieri?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MbUlIS9ys

Funny that I had not seen this until now. I haven't really seen any evidence that Frank had a major role in putting Spilotro in Vegas, but who knows. There is another video where the maker of the documentary said that Frank was a" gunman for Al Capone," which probably isn't true, seeing as how Frank was 12 when Capone went away.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 am So, is this really Frank Buccieri?

Funny that I had not seen this until now. I haven't really seen any evidence that Frank had a major role in putting Spilotro in Vegas, but who knows. There is another video where the maker of the documentary said that Frank was a" gunman for Al Capone," which probably isn't true, seeing as how Frank was 12 when Capone went away.
Yes that is. I always wondered about him. There has been information put out about him that I have never been able to confirm. Here are some rumors that I have heard:

At one time it was said he was running the Outfit’s operations in Milwaukee. He did have a lot of connections up there. His girlfriend was Sally Papia, who ran a restaurant at the shorecrest hotel which was owned by Balistrieri. She did jail time and was basically a gangster. Max Adonis was one of her guys.

Another rumor I heard was that he was sent out to the West Coast to run the Outfit’s operations after Spilotro. And that the 5 families in NYC approved it.

And lastly, Another rumor I heard was that he was a top informant for the FBI. Considering he was doing a video like this then I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. He never did any jail time from what I understand.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:42 am

Yes that is. I always wondered about him. There has been information put out about him that I have never been able to confirm. Here are some rumors that I have heard:

At one time it was said he was running the Outfit’s operations in Milwaukee. He did have a lot of connections up there. His girlfriend was Sally Papia, who ran a restaurant at the shorecrest hotel which was owned by Balistrieri. She did jail time and was basically a gangster. Max Adonis was one of her guys.

Another rumor I heard was that he was sent out to the West Coast to run the Outfit’s operations after Spilotro. And that the 5 families in NYC approved it.

And lastly, Another rumor I heard was that he was a top informant for the FBI. Considering he was doing a video like this then I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. He never did any jail time from what I understand.
Frank "The Horse" I think owned a bar or a tavern between Milwaukee and Chicago that was a meeting spot for the two Outfits - I believe he was the original guy in Vegas and close to Vic Damone - he was in that famous photo of Joe Ferriola being arrested there or was arrested alongside him, right?
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

2002 Chicago Tribune Article

A reputed mob-connected bookmaker and seven others have been indicted on charges of operating a sophisticated sports-betting business in the Chicago area through most of the 1990s, federal authorities said Friday.

William J. DiDomenico, once a reputed member of mob boss Ernest Rocco Infelice's street crew, is accused of co-managing the bookmaking business.

In fall 1997, two members of the gambling ring met four times in Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Hillside to discuss the illegal business, the charges alleged.

One of them, Ronald H. Antos, was secretly cooperating with law enforcement and often taped the conversations, according to a source. Antos wasn't charged in the indictment, but he was named as an unindicted co-conspirator.

On Friday morning FBI agents arrested DiDomenico, 59, of Bloomingdale; Nicholas A. Malizzio, 48, of Chicago; Natale A. Saraceno, 56, of Bartlett; and Anthony R. Orlando, 67, of Glendale Heights. Dimitrios Fotopoulos, 53, formerly of Libertyville, was arrested in Asheville, N.C., where he lives. They all were released on bond.

Three other suspects--James F. DiGiulio, 50, of Park Ridge, described by authorities as a co-manager with DiDomenico; Phillip Coleman, 48, of Villa Park; and Gerald L. Lenza, 63, of Palos Park--are scheduled to be arraigned in federal court next week.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:42 am

Frank "The Horse" I think owned a bar or a tavern between Milwaukee and Chicago that was a meeting spot for the two Outfits - I believe he was the original guy in Vegas and close to Vic Damone - he was in that famous photo of Joe Ferriola being arrested there or was arrested alongside him, right?
He went with Ferriola to Vegas but was never there on a permanent basis. He lived in California from the 1970s on, although I believe he also had property in Milwaukee.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

This may have been posted previously, but stumbled across this looking at Wayne Bock:

https://mapleleafwrestling.blogspot.com ... -1960.html

Imagine owing this guy money - he always seemed like the protoge of the German.

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Does anyone know when Roland Ignoffo died? A Roland Ignoffo died in 2006 at the age of 90. I believe that was his dad and it said in the obit that he was the father of the late Roland Jr
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 pm Does anyone know when Roland Ignoffo died? A Roland Ignoffo died in 2006 at the age of 90. I believe that was his dad and it said in the obit that he was the father of the late Roland Jr
If you mean Ronald Ignoffo, who was born ~1950 and was busted with Joey DiVarco in the '80s, Roland Ignoffo Sr who died in 2006 was not his father.

Now, years back some comments on ANP claimed that there was a Roland Ignoffo who was connected, who was not Ronnie Ignoffo. The guy who died in 2006 may have been the same person, as from what I can tell, his son Roland Ignoffo Jr died in 1948.

From the info I have, Roland Salvatore "Goldie" Ignoffo was born in Chicago in 1915 to Salvatore Ignoffo and Caterina "Catherine/Mary" Greco, both of Sambuca Zabut, Agrigento (hometown of Michele Merlo). Roland later married Christine Nappi, sister of Romero Nappi and Gloria Fosco Nappi. Thus, Roland Ignoffo was the brother-in-law also of Mondo Fosco and the uncle by marriage of Joe Fosco.

Anyone know if Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo Sr was a connected guy? If so, could be a big deal given that his family was from Sambuca. Could've been a way that the Abruzzese Nappi/Iorii family may have married into a family with a pre-existing mafia heritage.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:34 am This may have been posted previously, but stumbled across this looking at Wayne Bock:

https://mapleleafwrestling.blogspot.com ... -1960.html

Imagine owing this guy money - he always seemed like the protoge of the German.

"The Beast". The man clearly enjoyed his work. Imagine if the Outfit had recruited Dick Butkus as a collector when he was coming out of CVS before he went college.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 pm Does anyone know when Roland Ignoffo died? A Roland Ignoffo died in 2006 at the age of 90. I believe that was his dad and it said in the obit that he was the father of the late Roland Jr
If you mean Ronald Ignoffo, who was born ~1950 and was busted with Joey DiVarco in the '80s, Roland Ignoffo Sr who died in 2006 was not his father.

Now, years back some comments on ANP claimed that there was a Roland Ignoffo who was connected, who was not Ronnie Ignoffo. The guy who died in 2006 may have been the same person, as from what I can tell, his son Roland Ignoffo Jr died in 1948.

From the info I have, Roland Salvatore "Goldie" Ignoffo was born in Chicago in 1915 to Salvatore Ignoffo and Caterina "Catherine/Mary" Greco, both of Sambuca Zabut, Agrigento (hometown of Michele Merlo). Roland later married Christine Nappi, sister of Romero Nappi and Gloria Fosco Nappi. Thus, Roland Ignoffo was the brother-in-law also of Mondo Fosco and the uncle by marriage of Joe Fosco.

Anyone know if Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo Sr was a connected guy? If so, could be a big deal given that his family was from Sambuca. Could've been a way that the Abruzzese Nappi/Iorii family may have married into a family with a pre-existing mafia heritage.
Ok thanks Tony. I was getting them mixed up. Is Ronald Ignoffo still alive? If so, what is his alleged position in the Outfit if any. The last chart I saw him on was the CCC one from 1997 and he was listed as an associate of the North Side crew. Also, do you know if he is related to the Ignoffos that own Iggy’s Mufflers shop on Harlem and Montrose is Norridge? Thanks