Gambino 1870-2014

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Gambino 1870-2014

Post by chin_gigante »

stortvloed wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:01 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:45 pm Yes there is a document on MF that talks about a a meeting in 1967 where Castellano was elevated to Acting Boss.

Pogo
Anybody got a link to that file?
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20boss%22

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20boss%22
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great job in this thread, Rick and CC.

- So it looks like Chiri most likely connects to the influential Virzi-Riccobono-Scalise faction. This group is turning out to be a key part of the early Family's backbone in addition to providing leaders for decades. One of the men who wrote to Vito Cascio Ferro from NYC after Cascio Ferro's deportation was a FNU Riccobono, likely an older figure from this clan and a sign they were influential going back to Lupo's time as boss. It's significant that both Carlo Gambino and Joe Riccobono joined the admin post-Anastasia given they both had relatives who fought in the 1860 revolution in Palermo and this event is cited as a major turning point for the Palermo mafia.

- There were other lesser known Riccobonos in the Gambino Family, like Simone Riccobono who may have been a captain early on under Mangano. His father was named Erasmo Riccobono and was living on Via Carini 77 in Palermo circa 1910 when Simone came to the US. Could be a connection between this Erasmo Riccobono and the one Toto Chiri was connected to in NYC. An Erasmo Riccobono (son of Francesco) was also identified as a Sicilian mafia member in Capaci in the Sangiorgi report.

- Re: LoCicero, CC and I spoke today about this and I was surprised (yet not too surprised) to find out Vincenzo LoCicero had ties to Alessandria della Rocca. I think you found the right one given his father was named Felice like his son (who also joined the Gambino Family). It also indicates the Gambino/D'Aquila ties to early San Jose and Tampa likely go back even further given how tightknit everyone from Alessandria is and was. The DeCavalcante Family had members from Alessandria as well in addition to a few in the Bonannos. Also adds more evidence the Arcuris were affiliated with the Sciacchitani faction, as was expected but not confirmed until this LoCicero naturalization CC found.

- I suspect some continuity between Gaetano Trupia's crew and the Pietro Stincone crew. They were both from Canicatti and members of the Canicatti Mutual Aide Club in Astoria, Queens. I've seen the historic membership rolls and virtually all of the known Gambino members from Canicatti were members of this club, with Stincone serving as president for a time. The Canicattesi migrated from Manhattan to Astoria (as did the Arcuris) which would fit with Trupia given he was in Manhattan originally. Today the Gambino Family has a zip captain from Canicatti in Astoria (D.Acquista), maybe a coincidence or a sign this colony has stayed intact with newer immigrants from Canicatti following an old path.

- The Giuseppe Accardi who came to the US with Dimino was Settimo Accardi's brother, I confirmed it a while back. The Accardis had numerous connections/relations in different inland Trapani villages and Tunis. Sam DeCavalcante also referred to Settimo as his "cousin" on a tape but can't substantiate a relation. Giuseppe's arrival w/ Dimino opens up another side to these relationships, i.e. Agrigento/Sciacca. If they were related to Giacomo Accardi who supervised the Sicilian mafia's organized cattle rustling operation on behalf of multiple provinces during the 1930s (Accardi operated out of Salemi near Vita), that would have given them connections all over the island. Agrigento, Palermo, Trapani, and Caltanissetta mafia groups were all working together in this cattle operation and they shipped the cattle to Tunis where Settimo Arcuri lived before coming to the US. Settimo/Giuseppe went Newark->Lucchese but they had two cousins in the Bonanno Family and this adds a Gambino connection to their story.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Here's a Vincenzo LoCicero (b. ~1878) arriving to NYC in 1902 from Alessandria della Rocca and heading to a brother named Felice in Tampa. The Gambino captain would have been in the US by the time of Nicola Gentile's arrival given Gentile was greeted by LoCicero in Kansas City so this much would be consistent.

The Gambino captain could be the older one Antiliar referenced (b. 1865), though wondering if this one connects given we see some similarities.

-

More importantly, according to Justin Cascio's Corleone genealogical research Gambino member Felice LoCicero's father-in-law Leoluca Majuri (wife Lucia DiCarlo) is the brother of Calogero Majuri, the father of future DeCavalcante underboss Frank Majuri. Calogero Majuri was likely involved with the Morello Family before moving to Elizabeth from the Bronx/East Harlem.

So early Gambino captain Vincenzo LoCicero's son Felice LoCicero (a Gambino member himself) married the first cousin of DeCavalcante underboss Frank Majuri. Keep in mind Frank Majuri married a woman in Elizabeth with Ribera heritage, so both Frank Majuri and his cousin Jennie Majuri married spouses from Agrigento.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It's possible that the younger Vincenzo LoCicero was a cousin of the New York capodecina.

I believe that Calogero Majuri was identified as being the same person as the Calogero Maiore who was arrested with Morello in 1900 or 1902.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yep, Cascio believes Calogero Majuri is the same one arrested with Morello. The family used the Maiuri spelling originally and relatives also used Maggiore. He identified himself as a relative of Morello, too. If he's Frank's father, he went on to be a bootlegger and moved to Elizabeth where I suspect he was a DeCavalcante member like his son, grandson, etc.

Really incredible that LoCicero's son was made into the Gambinos and also married a Majuri first cousin. I believe CC found the LoCiceros were related by marriage to Ignazio Lupo as well, who in turn married into the Morellos. Appears to be an early nexus between Agrigento->Corleone->Palermo connecting the Lupo and Morello Families on multiple fronts.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B. wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:02 am
Really incredible that LoCicero's son was made into the Gambinos and also married a Majuri first cousin. I believe CC found the LoCiceros were related by marriage to Ignazio Lupo as well, who in turn married into the Morellos. Appears to be an early nexus between Agrigento->Corleone->Palermo connecting the Lupo and Morello Families on multiple fronts.
I don't recall any biological relationship between the LoCiceros and Lupo. I put up a family tree and don't recall including one.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:13 am
I don't recall any biological relationship between the LoCiceros and Lupo. I put up a family tree and don't recall including one.
We haven't confirmed how but it was mentioned in the SS. We spoke of it.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Vincenzo LoCicero's home on E 80th wasn't far from Arcuri's Victory Star Social Club on the Upper East Side and the Arcuris' residence was even closer. Would be surprised if those crews aren't connected.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:06 am Vincenzo Lo Cicero, previously discussed, was id'd as the capodecina who received a letter about Nick Gentile's arrival. There were several Vincenzo Lo Ciceros in New York at the time, but based on his rank and the use of the honorific title Don, I think it's safe to assume he was older than Gentile. Gentile was born in 1885, so that rules out one or two Vincenzo Lo Ciceros. It's also suggestive that this Lo Cicero was associated with Agrigento since Gentile was from there. This fits the Vincenzo Lo Cicero who operated a saloon on East 80th Street in 1920. He was born in Calamonaci, Agrigento, on November 11, 1865. His father, Felice Lo Cicero, was born on April 18, 1831, in Alessandria della Rocca. Felice's wife, Vincenza Provenzano, was born on Jan 8, 1842, in Calamonaci. So it may that the Florida/Alessandria della Rocca connections came from Vincenzo Lo Cicero's father.

B provided more biographical information and Agrigento connections here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5789&p=138537&hili ... ro#p138537
Was able to confirm, you 100% have the right Vincenzo LoCicero.

JD said both of Vincenzo's sons were made, Felix and Joseph. He said they were from Racalmuto -- either he was incorrect given Vincenzo was from Calamonaci (near Ribera) to a father from Alessandria or maybe Vincenzo's wife Mariana Valenti was from Racalmuto, can't confirm. They were married in NYC so she wasn't necessarily from the same hometown. The Valentis of Rochester / Pitt were from Grotte which is right on top of Racalmuto.

Vincenzo was in the US by the 1880s so no doubt a member before Lupo became boss.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:40 am
Potential lead:

- Ignazio's brother Giovanni Lupo married a Vincenza LiCalsi, daughter of Angelo LiCalsi and Paola Triolo. Those are both Agrigento surnames and Giuseppe LiCalsi (b. 1885) was a Gambino member from Alessandria della Rocca.

- You found ties between the LoCiceros and Alessandria della Rocca, so maybe they have a connection to the LiCalsi who Giovanni Lupo married, assuming she's from that part of Agrigento.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 am
Chris Christie wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:40 am
Potential lead:

- Ignazio's brother Giovanni Lupo married a Vincenza LiCalsi, daughter of Angelo LiCalsi and Paola Triolo. Those are both Agrigento surnames and Giuseppe LiCalsi (b. 1885) was a Gambino member from Alessandria della Rocca.

- You found ties between the LoCiceros and Alessandria della Rocca, so maybe they have a connection to the LiCalsi who Giovanni Lupo married, assuming she's from that part of Agrigento.
DSCF3316 LoCicero rel to Lupo women.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

LoCicero being related to Lupo women would fit with John Lupo's wife.

- Having trouble finding records that confirm her origin or anything related to her parents. One record has her father Angelo's name as Licalzi which is found in Canicatti but other records for her have Licalsi like the Alessandria name. Can't find American or Italian records for an Angelo Licalsi or variations, not a common name. The closest I found is an Angelo Licalzi in Canicatti.

- Her mother Paola's name Triolo is mainly found in Ribera, near Calamonaci where the LoCiceros come from. Vincenzo LiCicero's nephew Felix, son of Filippo, was born in Ribera according to his marriage record. Phil Bacino's mother was a Triolo from Ribera and Cavita found Triolos associated with Bacino in Chicago/Indiana: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7558&hilit=triolo
^ The Giacobbes of the DeCavalcante Family were related to the same Triolos that produced Phil Bacino and associated with the Arcuri crew in Manhattan.

- Gambino member Joe Licalsi (son of Ignazio) arrived to Tampa from Alessandria, where Vincenzo and Filippo LoCiceros' father was born. Vincenzo LoCicero's sons (Gambino members) ended up in Tampa later. Maybe Joe Licalsi connects to Lupo's wife, a cousin perhaps. Edit: Joe's father Ignazio born may have been born under the Licalzi spelling in Alessandria.

The LoCiceros presence in Calamonaci and Ribera could be another sign the DeCavalcantes have shared history with the Gambinos. Interesting too John Lupo moved to New Jersey given it looks like his wife is Agrigentino and her mother's surname connects to mafia-linked surnames from Ribera.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:06 am LoCicero being related to Lupo women would fit with John Lupo's wife.

- Having trouble finding records that confirm her origin or anything related to her parents. One record has her father Angelo's name as Licalzi which is found in Canicatti but other records for her have Licalsi like the Alessandria name. Can't find American or Italian records for an Angelo Licalsi or variations, not a common name. The closest I found is an Angelo Licalzi in Canicatti.

- Her mother Paola's name Triolo is mainly found in Ribera, near Calamonaci where the LoCiceros come from. Vincenzo LiCicero's nephew Felix, son of Filippo, was born in Ribera according to his marriage record. Phil Bacino's mother was a Triolo from Ribera and Cavita found Triolos associated with Bacino in Chicago/Indiana: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7558&hilit=triolo
^ The Giacobbes of the DeCavalcante Family were related to the same Triolos that produced Phil Bacino and associated with the Arcuri crew in Manhattan.

- Gambino member Joe Licalsi (son of Ignazio) arrived to Tampa from Alessandria, where Vincenzo and Filippo LoCiceros' father was born. Vincenzo LoCicero's sons (Gambino members) ended up in Tampa later. Maybe Joe Licalsi connects to Lupo's wife, a cousin perhaps. Edit: Joe's father Ignazio born may have been born under the Licalzi spelling in Alessandria.

The LoCiceros presence in Calamonaci and Ribera could be another sign the DeCavalcantes have shared history with the Gambinos. Interesting too John Lupo moved to New Jersey given it looks like his wife is Agrigentino and her mother's surname connects to mafia-linked surnames from Ribera.
Interesting mention of Triolo. There were Triolo in Rockford going back to at least the 1930s that were from Villafranca Sicula, Sicily and some moved out to Denver, Colorado in those early days. Some of those Rockford Triolo were connected at least through marriage to some early LCN guys.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Very interesting.

-

- There is an old Italian senate report where they summarize the leadership/activities of the Ribera Family circa 1950 and the boss is said to be Francesco Montalbano. Note that earlier in this thread CC identified early Gambino captain Vincenzo LoCicero's son Phil (a Gambino member himself) as marrying a Montalbano from Caltabellotta, a neighboring comune closely affiliated with Ribera and the DeCavalcantes. Two suspected NYC members of what the FBI termed the "old faction" of the DeCavalcante Family were the elderly brothers Accursio and Lorenzo Marsala who came from Caltabellotta, as was Elizabeth-based captain Paolo Farina (one of Accursio Marsala's nat witnesses was another Farina from Calt).

- The Italian report also identified Phil Bacino's brother Luciano as one of the leaders of the mafia in Ribera under Montalbano circa 1940s/50s -- it makes a distinction between the Ribera leaders and the "picciotti", the later usually a term for soldiers, and Luciano Bacino is clearly labeled among the leadership group. Luciano Bacino being a leader in Ribera could play into the rumors of Phil having had a high rank early on in the US, his attendance in Cleveland, etc. The Bacinos appear to be important in Ribera.

- Given Phil and Luciano Bacino's mother was a Triolo and their mother's sister married into the DeCavalcante Giacobbes, plus the other Triolos Cavita found in Illinois, you have to guess there were Triolos involved with the mafia in that part of Sicily. Giovanni Lupo's mother-in-law being a Triolo adds to this if she too is from these villages.

- One of the Ribera "picciotti" ID'd by the Italian senate was a Caruana and I suspect the Caruanos of the DeCavalcantes were originally Caruanas and got the ending vowel swapped like many Sicilian immigrants.

- The Italian senate report also says the Ribera Family influenced nearby Calamonaci, where the Gambino LoCiceros come from. Calamonaci doesn't have its own Family so the LoCiceros were probably associated with the Ribera Family in Sicily. One of their sons being born in Ribera adds to that.

- The DeCavalcante Manhattan faction operated in the same area as the LoCiceros and that neighborhood is likely where the DeCavalcante Family originates. According to records, Ribera immigrants with surnames linked to the DeCavalcante were arriving to that neighborhood by the early 1890s at the latest -- probably earlier, as earlier records are more sparse with info and don't include where people come from. When Phil Bacino arrived to his uncle Carmelo Giacobbe in 1923 he lived in the same general area as the LoCiceros. The Arcuris were close to the LoCiceros as CC discovered and operated in this part of Manhattan and the Manhattan DeCavalcantes hung out at the Arcuri club. Joe Arcuri was the liaison to the DeCavalcante and Tampa Families that all of these guys were connected to.

- Despite Italian authorities knowing about the Ribera Family and its activities in the post-WWII 1940s-1950s period, the Italian senate noted the difficulty in cracking down on them due to their deep connections in local industry and municipal politics. The report specifically notes the situation was virtually identical in Siculiana, Nicola Gentile's hometown.

-

Gentile's Ribera connections:

- Nick Gentile arrived to Domenico Taormina who he said "trafficked in paesani" and was a burlap wholesaler. He said he already knew about the mafia at this time and as we know Gentile would go into the burlap trade, which was a sales scam he said originated in his native Siculiana. Records show Gentile's older brother previously arrived to NYC and listed Taormina as his arrival contact. Taormina was from Siculiana and sent Nick to Kansas City where he was met by Vincenzo LoCicero -- LoCicero was already established in NYC but it's not clear why he was in KC. He doesn't identify Taormina as a member but it seems likely he was a preeminent mafioso from Siculiana in NYC, maybe a Gambino member given LoCicero fits into the story.

- Gentile traveled to Sicily with Nino Cucuzzella in 1913 and the two later went to Quebec together around WWI. Cucuzzella was a Ribera native and a maternal cousin of the Chicago/DeCavalcante Lolordos, with Cucuzzella's son Leo living in Philly then Delaware where he was involved in gambling and associated with Joe Lolordo. There was already a colony in Montreal from Ribera and Siculiana; Cucuzzella and the Lolordos had relatives there. The Siculiana colony would eventually become affiliated with the Bonannos but the DeCavalcante Riberesi would maintain close ties to them.

- Gentile also mentioned on a later trip to Sicily he contacted his brother-in-law Giuseppe Cappello who was at that time in Ribera for unspecified reasons

- The only time Gentile mentioned a confirmed DeCavalcante member is when he told authorities Phil Amari was in contact with Charlie Luciano and Joe Adonis when Amari came to Italy. In 1948 Amari and Phil Bacino went to Ribera together where they were photographed with Fortunato Pope.

- Interesting the Italian senate compared Ribera to Siculiana given we see Gentile of Siculiana was heavily connected to the Riberesi and LoCicero.

-

- As noted earlier in this thread, one of Vincenzo LoCicero's sons (a Gambino member) married the first cousin of DeCavalcante underboss Frank Majuri of Corleonese descent. Frank Majuri himself would marry a Caruano from Ribera and his bro-in-law would become a member -- his bro-in-law was a Riberese DeCavalcante member and his cousin-in-law was a Gambino member with strong Ribera ties.

- 1973 article in the Detroit Free Press by a historian from Agrigento talks about how DeCavalcante members came from Caltabellotta. The FBI reported on this article and noted how in addition to Caltabellotta, the DeCavalcante Family also had members from Ribera and Alessandria della Rocca. The LoCiceros' father was from Alessandria, the LoCiceros themselves were born in Calamonaci, and one of the LoCicero sons was born in Ribera while another married a woman from Caltabellotta with the same surname as a Ribera boss. The LoCiceros are connected to the DeCavalcante compaesani groups on multiple fronts.

------

Excuse my rambling but I think we're getting closer to understanding the roots of the DeCavalcante Family and Vincenzo LoCicero + the Gambino Family appear to fit right in.

This is fairly circumstantial but you could theorize the DeCavalcantes split off from the Manhattan Agrigento Gambino faction as we've long speculated, though the DeCavalcante sources we have indicate it would be the other way around.

There is something here but as usual we are a few dots away from seeing the picture.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 am Very interesting.

-

- There is an old Italian senate report where they summarize the leadership/activities of the Ribera Family circa 1950 and the boss is said to be Francesco Montalbano. Note that earlier in this thread CC identified early Gambino captain Vincenzo LoCicero's son Phil (a Gambino member himself) as marrying a Montalbano from Caltabellotta, a neighboring comune closely affiliated with Ribera and the DeCavalcantes. Two suspected NYC members of what the FBI termed the "old faction" of the DeCavalcante Family were the elderly brothers Accursio and Lorenzo Marsala who came from Caltabellotta, as was Elizabeth-based captain Paolo Farina (one of Accursio Marsala's nat witnesses was another Farina from Calt).

- The Italian report also identified Phil Bacino's brother Luciano as one of the leaders of the mafia in Ribera under Montalbano circa 1940s/50s -- it makes a distinction between the Ribera leaders and the "picciotti", the later usually a term for soldiers, and Luciano Bacino is clearly labeled among the leadership group. Luciano Bacino being a leader in Ribera could play into the rumors of Phil having had a high rank early on in the US, his attendance in Cleveland, etc. The Bacinos appear to be important in Ribera.

- Given Phil and Luciano Bacino's mother was a Triolo and their mother's sister married into the DeCavalcante Giacobbes, plus the other Triolos Cavita found in Illinois, you have to guess there were Triolos involved with the mafia in that part of Sicily. Giovanni Lupo's mother-in-law being a Triolo adds to this if she too is from these villages.

- One of the Ribera "picciotti" ID'd by the Italian senate was a Caruana and I suspect the Caruanos of the DeCavalcantes were originally Caruanas and got the ending vowel swapped like many Sicilian immigrants.

- The Italian senate report also says the Ribera Family influenced nearby Calamonaci, where the Gambino LoCiceros come from. Calamonaci doesn't have its own Family so the LoCiceros were probably associated with the Ribera Family in Sicily. One of their sons being born in Ribera adds to that.

- The DeCavalcante Manhattan faction operated in the same area as the LoCiceros and that neighborhood is likely where the DeCavalcante Family originates. According to records, Ribera immigrants with surnames linked to the DeCavalcante were arriving to that neighborhood by the early 1890s at the latest -- probably earlier, as earlier records are more sparse with info and don't include where people come from. When Phil Bacino arrived to his uncle Carmelo Giacobbe in 1923 he lived in the same general area as the LoCiceros. The Arcuris were close to the LoCiceros as CC discovered and operated in this part of Manhattan and the Manhattan DeCavalcantes hung out at the Arcuri club. Joe Arcuri was the liaison to the DeCavalcante and Tampa Families that all of these guys were connected to.

- Despite Italian authorities knowing about the Ribera Family and its activities in the post-WWII 1940s-1950s period, the Italian senate noted the difficulty in cracking down on them due to their deep connections in local industry and municipal politics. The report specifically notes the situation was virtually identical in Siculiana, Nicola Gentile's hometown.

-

Gentile's Ribera connections:

- Nick Gentile arrived to Domenico Taormina who he said "trafficked in paesani" and was a burlap wholesaler. He said he already knew about the mafia at this time and as we know Gentile would go into the burlap trade, which was a sales scam he said originated in his native Siculiana. Records show Gentile's older brother previously arrived to NYC and listed Taormina as his arrival contact. Taormina was from Siculiana and sent Nick to Kansas City where he was met by Vincenzo LoCicero -- LoCicero was already established in NYC but it's not clear why he was in KC. He doesn't identify Taormina as a member but it seems likely he was a preeminent mafioso from Siculiana in NYC, maybe a Gambino member given LoCicero fits into the story.

- Gentile traveled to Sicily with Nino Cucuzzella in 1913 and the two later went to Quebec together around WWI. Cucuzzella was a Ribera native and a maternal cousin of the Chicago/DeCavalcante Lolordos, with Cucuzzella's son Leo living in Philly then Delaware where he was involved in gambling and associated with Joe Lolordo. There was already a colony in Montreal from Ribera and Siculiana; Cucuzzella and the Lolordos had relatives there. The Siculiana colony would eventually become affiliated with the Bonannos but the DeCavalcante Riberesi would maintain close ties to them.

- Gentile also mentioned on a later trip to Sicily he contacted his brother-in-law Giuseppe Cappello who was at that time in Ribera for unspecified reasons

- The only time Gentile mentioned a confirmed DeCavalcante member is when he told authorities Phil Amari was in contact with Charlie Luciano and Joe Adonis when Amari came to Italy. In 1948 Amari and Phil Bacino went to Ribera together where they were photographed with Fortunato Pope.

- Interesting the Italian senate compared Ribera to Siculiana given we see Gentile of Siculiana was heavily connected to the Riberesi and LoCicero.

-

- As noted earlier in this thread, one of Vincenzo LoCicero's sons (a Gambino member) married the first cousin of DeCavalcante underboss Frank Majuri of Corleonese descent. Frank Majuri himself would marry a Caruano from Ribera and his bro-in-law would become a member -- his bro-in-law was a Riberese DeCavalcante member and his cousin-in-law was a Gambino member with strong Ribera ties.

- 1973 article in the Detroit Free Press by a historian from Agrigento talks about how DeCavalcante members came from Caltabellotta. The FBI reported on this article and noted how in addition to Caltabellotta, the DeCavalcante Family also had members from Ribera and Alessandria della Rocca. The LoCiceros' father was from Alessandria, the LoCiceros themselves were born in Calamonaci, and one of the LoCicero sons was born in Ribera while another married a woman from Caltabellotta with the same surname as a Ribera boss. The LoCiceros are connected to the DeCavalcante compaesani groups on multiple fronts.

------

Excuse my rambling but I think we're getting closer to understanding the roots of the DeCavalcante Family and Vincenzo LoCicero + the Gambino Family appear to fit right in.

This is fairly circumstantial but you could theorize the DeCavalcantes split off from the Manhattan Agrigento Gambino faction as we've long speculated, though the DeCavalcante sources we have indicate it would be the other way around.

There is something here but as usual we are a few dots away from seeing the picture.
@B. here is something that is going to bake your noodle:
There was a Salvatore Sciortino who died in Rockford in 1976. He was born 1885 in Siculiana, Sicily to Giuseppe Sciortino and Angelina TAormina. Now, interestingly he arrived in the U.S. via Ellis Island November 25,1907 with his destination being Kokomo, Indiana but eventually he moved along to St. Louis and Kansas City before finally settling in Rockford. In 1914 he married Rosa Torretta in Chicago and she was from Burgio, Sicily. Also, Salavtore had a brother Giuseppe Sciortino who was Phil Priola's father-in-law. Priola of course was a made member in the Rockford LCN. Additionally, the LaFranka/LaFranca family in Rockford were LCN associates (Charles LaFranka being murdered in 1965) and the mother was a Grazia Sciortino. The LaFranka family had cousins in Kansas City although the boys- Charles and his brothers were all born in either Fort Dodge or Council Bluffs, Iowa.