Gambino 1980 Hierarchy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gambino 1980 Hierarchy

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:43 pm There was an early D'aquila member secretly working with Yale. Mangiapane? Did we find some connection with Armone family or am I disremembering? Armone was originally Armona and I think his family was from Misilmeri (I've gone through alot of names today and I could be wrong).
Not sure about Mangiapane, but Terenzio Armone from Misilmeri witnessed Lucchese boss Bonaventura "Joe" Pinzolo's naturalization. Pinzolo in turn was the brother-in-law of Gambino captain/consigliere Joe Riccobono. Terenzio Armone's sons Stephen, Joe, and nephew Stephen Graumauta were members of Riccobono's crew (or some iteration of it). Another son Alfred Armone was ID'd as an associate / possible member. Terenzio ran a grocery store in Manhattan and has never been ID'd as a mafioso though the connections are strong.

-

The Contes may have come from Passo di Rigano or a nearby neighborhood. The FBI questioned Pasquale Conte who told them his family knew the Gambinos and Castellanos back in Palermo before coming to the US. His father Antonino living in Williamsburg when Pasquale and his mother arrived to NYC is interesting but given where they were from in Palermo it makes sense they linked with the Gambinos opposed to Bonanno. I believe one of the first grocery stores the Contes owned was in Williamsburg.

The woman who arrived to the US with the Contes was DeCavalcante boss Phil Amari's mother. She is listed right next to Pasquale and his mother on the manifest. Makes you wonder if they coordinated for important mafia members' female relatives to travel together or if it was a coincidence. Not aware of any ties Patsy Conte had to the DeCavalcantes.

Gambino member Francesco Paolo Graziano was Patsy Conte's first cousin on his mother's side (maiden name Graziano). He's in a couple of the well-known photos of Conte.

-

Joe N. Gallo's family knew Rumores from Bisacquino in both Birmingham and New York. The New York ones were Gambino members but can't substantiate a relation to the ones in Birmingham. A Bisacquinese Joe Gallo who was born in Birmingham moved to New York then returned to Birmingham where he got married and then brought his wife to NYC with him -- however, his father's name differs from Joe N. Gallo (Antonio opposed to Michele) so not sure if there's a relation but Joe N. Gallo maintained ties to Birmingham in the 1960s according to telephone records.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Not seeing a David Rava born in 1935. This is the closest match-

NAME: David Rava
BIRTH DATE: 9 Jul 1933
BIRTH PLACE: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 28332
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:51 pm Not seeing a David Rava born in 1935. This is the closest match-

NAME: David Rava
BIRTH DATE: 9 Jul 1933
BIRTH PLACE: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 28332
Wasnt made until after Gotti went away, he dont belong on 1980 list.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Francis Anthony LoCascio de Salvatore e Filippa. Baucinese. For once wikipedia was right.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Same hometown as the Lucchese LoCascios.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Chris, I think we can exclude Frank Dapolito from the captain´s list. It appears he was only a soldier at this time, occasionally an acting captain for Zappi during late 1970s to early 1980s. He may have been made a captain later on but I´m still looking for confirmation on this.

Another Zappi crew member was Frank Morano.

Robert DiBernardo was not a captain by this time and if he was directly assaigned to the administration, it was as a soldier. And that´s a big if. He was also a Zappi crew member. He was made a captain later on, when John Gotti took over. He had no soldiers in his crew.

Another Zappi crew member was Natale Richichi, if not listed already in Zappi´s crew above.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:39 am Chris, I think we can exclude Frank Dapolito from the captain´s list. It appears he was only a soldier at this time, occasionally an acting captain for Zappi during late 1970s to early 1980s. He may have been made a captain later on but I´m still looking for confirmation on this.

Another Zappi crew member was Frank Morano.

Robert DiBernardo was not a captain by this time and if he was directly assaigned to the administration, it was as a soldier. And that´s a big if. He was also a Zappi crew member. He was made a captain later on, when John Gotti took over. He had no soldiers in his crew.

Another Zappi crew member was Natale Richichi, if not listed already in Zappi´s crew above.
EDIT - Yes, Dapolito definitely an official captain later on.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Zappi crew updated.

Regarding DiBernardo, Michael DiLeonardo is adamant that he was a capo, we spoke of it again several weeks prior when Gravano discussed Gotti making DB a captain, to which DiLeonardo responded that he isn't sure "where he got that from."

As far as Dap, I can ask.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

These are the remaining names I need help with. In the case of Bari and DeStefano, both names are too common without any further identifiers. Pipolo is slightly more rarer but could not locate it. The rest of the guys are still alive or born after 1940 which names it harder.

Alaimo Charles Joseph 3/10/1942 When he died in 2016, he lived in Parkland, FL. I dont know when he moved to that place.
Angelo Pietro 1915? No clue
Bari Peter If this is the Pete Palmieri I think it is, he lived in Staten Island. I think Pete Bari was just his nickname.
Carneglia John Johnny Carnegs 9/13/1944 84-18 163rd Avenue, Howard
Beach, Queens

DeStefano Frank The Hat Astoria, Queens??
Gagliardi Anthony 4/2/1919 Minisink Road, Ellenville, NY
Giordano John Handsome Jack 2/7/1941 Lived in Staten Island, but originally from Lower East Side, Manhattan
Insernia Frank 7/11/1915 427 Humboldt Street, Brooklyn
Juliano Joseph Sonny 1938 2057 80th Street, Brooklyn
Lauro Pasquale 12/1/1915 3910 San Luis Street, Tampa, Florida
Lombardi Joseph 7/13/1940 Brooklyn or Staten Island
Marino Daniel 10/7/1940 140 East 2nd Street, Brooklyn
Marino Joseph Michael 9/22/1924 214 Mulberry Street, Manhattan
Milito Liborio Louie 4/26/1942 Likely Brooklyn
Paradiso Michael Joseph Mikey Boy 11/17/1940 Originally from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn
Pipolo Jerry No clue
Ricco Louis Bracciole 2/13/1929 Lodi, NJ but originally from East Harlem or the Bronx
Russo Joey No clue
Siciliano Joseph Joe Sic 1934 No clue
Tambone Peter Salvatore Little Peter 1920 No clue
Tassone Anthony 8/14/1926 Trenton, NJ

Also, can anyone confirm or counter whether or not the Corozzos were from Barcellona Pozza di Golfo which is where the Biondos were from?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

HK, on hand do you have the borough where these 1980s were from or lived? If you do, we can add it, if it will take work then we can forget it.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am HK, on hand do you have the borough where these 1980s were from or lived? If you do, we can add it, if it will take work then we can forget it.
Edited your post above.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am HK, on hand do you have the borough where these 1980s were from or lived? If you do, we can add it, if it will take work then we can forget it.
Edited your post above.
I meant for everyone. If its too much work we don't need to.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Don't know where the Corozzos come from but they had an uncle Biagio Corozzo who was an older Gambino associate. Might help narrow it down.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:21 pm Don't know where the Corozzos come from but they had an uncle Biagio Corozzo who was an older Gambino associate. Might help narrow it down.
I tried looking them up previously and believe they may have come from Barcelona pozza di golfi, same place the Biondos came from. I need to double check it though.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Oh, you mean addresses of all the members? Sorry, but I dont think I have the energy to look them all up.