Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Post by Angelo Santino »

For Silesi or anyone else in florida, if you've got their addresses or can give me a list who were in fl I can make an "active in Florida" note, but it would be nice if we had a city or address.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Offhand, two members with Silesi in FL by this time were Joe Indelicato and Tommy Altamura.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:07 am I was debating with my self whether or not to put Locascio on the list and decided not to in the end. I have not seen him listed by the FBI as made this early. There are internet rumors of him being made in the 1950s but no evidence of it. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I believe he was made later.
Frank LoCascio should be on the list for sure.

On the Ravenite tapes Gotti asks him how old he was when he got made and LoCascio says he was 23. So he was made by 1955/56.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Manhattan, can people look over for errors. Blue boxes I'm not confidant on.
gamman.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Boss - Antiliar, do we have more info on Taranto and Esposito?
gamboss.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

For Manhattan, John Alu is an interesting one. I would love to know if someone has any more, and I have seen him identified as a Gambino in those 25 Years After Valachi documents, but I always questioned if that was right. Either way, I am 99% sure that John Alu wouldn't have been made prior to the 1960s. Instead, he is probably a good candidate for when the books re-opened.

During the 1950s, he was part of a crew that included Joseph Gernie, Angelo Covello etc. Even though he was from the East Side, he was once a bartender at House of Champs on the West Side and knew some different characters from there. They all did muscle work on the docks for Anthony Strollo in Jersey City. In the mid-to-late 1950s, he ran into a couple of perjury issues. The first was about his attempt to bribe a policemen to get them to back off an investigation into the bombing of an ILA office in Jersey City and payroll padding. The second was a bank robbery investigation that Larry Dentico was also part of, which again shows his connections to the Genovese. Following this, he was convicted and did serve time.

He pops up again decades later as an official of a Teamsters union. I attached a couple of articles that mention him being an associate/associated with the Genovese family. Not saying it is possible that he didn't get made into the Gambino family later, but I definitely lose track of him after the 1950s.

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Looking at his ancestry alone, it would make sense he was Gambino. His family is from Naro which is where the Francos connected to the Arcuris were from. Hed have been part of the Sciaccatani network, if were going by ancestry alone which isn't always an indicator.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The James Calandrillo ID'd in the report as a Gambino Family member who shares an address with John Alu was Alu's brother-in-law.

Anyone seen Calandrillo listed as a Gambino member elsewhere?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I only seen his name on the original 63 chart. Hes not on this one, should I add him?
I'm thinking of removing the asterisks and just creating a Potential/Suspected Members section.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:41 pm The James Calandrillo ID'd in the report as a Gambino Family member who shares an address with John Alu was Alu's brother-in-law.

Anyone seen Calandrillo listed as a Gambino member elsewhere?
I have seen him listed as James Calandriello. However, it looks like he is the same guy as Jimmy Calo, who CC already has listed on the chart.

Name: James Calo
State of Issue: New York
Date of Birth: Monday November 06, 1922
Date of Death: August 1976

Calo.png

I can not find a James Calandriello that matches with that DOB.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

HK was spot on. From the FBI's Dead List:

JAMES CALO
b. 11/06/1922
aka, James Calandriello,
James Calo, Jimmy Carlo,
West

From Naro, Agrigento, like Alu. So Alu and Calandriello were intermarried families in the Gambino Family from Naro.

--

One for suspected/possible members is Salvatore "Sam Hamel" Ameli. Well-connected Sciacchitano from Porto Empedocle close to the Corraos and the Falcones in Utica. Took the usual Little Italy->Brooklyn path.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

Nice connection with the marriage and where they are from! It would make a lot of sense since all through Alu's early criminal career he is connected to the Genovese, but we know something like a family connection/marriage could then definitely establish ties to another family.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Wow. Good find, I missed that it was the same guy.

Also, nicknames, going through the pre-stuff, any nicknames to add would be appreciated.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Rest of NY...
gamny.gif
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

CT, Jersey, Balt, RI
gamrest.gif