When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Post by NYNighthawk »

Judge Bartels of the US Eastern Distict of NY sentenced both Gene Gotti and John Garneglia to 50 years in prison after they set the record for the longest criminal trial in US history. After 2 mistrials and the 3rd was the charm. They both went in before the Feds abolished the parole system so they can get out with good behavior after 37 years. However if they fuck up again, they go back in for the remaining 13 years plus their new charges. So it is a hard decision for Gene to make- do I go back into the Life or just go away!
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

NYNighthawk wrote:Both he and carneglia will be on parole for at least 15 years after their release. At 74 he has to realize if he gets caught again for anything it's a life sentence. That's why I am wondering what his plans are. Does he have a wife and kids? You never hear of them
Yes. He has daughters. Last I heard, at least one of them was still living in the same house in Nassau County that Gene left when he went to prison. This was a few years ago. Not sure if that's still the case.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

I didn't really know much about this so I did some research, lol, (Google searching). Some things I found:

*Judge Bartels died in 1997 age 100.
*Gene Gotti had a chance to bargain for 15 years in the case but his brother didn't allow it.
*According to a discussion I found, some guy posted they got 50 years because Carneglia said he was going to piss on the jury foremans grave or the judge's grave. The guy who posted it couldn't remember it exactly. I couldn't find anything else with the direct quote so maybe or maybe not. Anybody else know if this is true?
*They made an appeal they should have maximum 30 years sentence and the judge went above this. It got thrown out because with parole they will do less than 30 years so it is still in guidelines. (Badalamenti tried the same when he appealed 45 years is more than 30 years max according to the extradition agreement between Spain and US but they said he will do max 30 years after parole so it is in line with the agreement.)
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

toto wrote:*According to a discussion I found, some guy posted they got 50 years because Carneglia said he was going to piss on the jury foremans grave or the judge's grave. The guy who posted it couldn't remember it exactly. I couldn't find anything else with the direct quote so maybe or maybe not. Anybody else know if this is true?

He threatened to piss on the judges grave if I remember correctly.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I know it;s been said a thousand times but can you imagine how Gene feels? He would have been out 10 plus years ago if it wasn't for his brother, seeing everyone else taking plea's must have fucking killed him.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Does parole mean prevention of meeting with ex-cons?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Parole means you have seen the evil of your ways and you are now rehabilitated and learned your lesson. You now know that the old saying - Show me your friends and I will tell you what kind of person you are rings true. So ex-cons cannot be in the picture Sonnyboy if you want to stay on the straight and narrow path!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheers NY.

Gene and John are out of the game then. 13yrs parole stipulating no meeting of ex-cons? They're out.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Cheers NY.

Gene and John are out of the game then. 13yrs parole stipulating no meeting of ex-cons? They're out.
Wouldn't be so quick to assume that. I'm sure lots of guys have had crazy restrictions, just have to reign it in and be careful. Use a messenger without a record. Pretty sure Megale always had crazy restrictions, obviously why he was always in jail :lol:
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

NYNighthawk wrote:Parole means you have seen the evil of your ways and you are now rehabilitated and learned your lesson. You now know that the old saying - Show me your friends and I will tell you what kind of person you are rings true. So ex-cons cannot be in the picture Sonnyboy if you want to stay on the straight and narrow path!

Parole means your still doing time outside the fence, If Gene has a book left after 30 years -its a miracle after what the Gambinos been through , I never heard of a operation lasting that long with good point men on the outside let alone on the inside,
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Parole restrictions have never really stopped anyone from jumping back in the game. Guy's are constantly getting busted for violating their parole.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Sure.

But not with a 13yr stick hanging over their heads at age 74.
Walking out the other end of a 30yr bid.

Many of them Pogo? ;)
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah many of them. I would say most of them get back involved in some way. If these guy's were so worried about prison they wouldn't be gangsters or take high level positions in the organization.

Pogo
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

I wasn't aware that parole violation worked like that. I thought you just had to complete your original sentence. Which is also the case with Gene?
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

He will be involved some way I think we can all agree one more that we just don't know what way and only time will tell. Just like merlino he didn't do all that time not snitch just to come out and be like hey guys I'm done good luck with everything I'll see u boys later.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk