Notable informants over the past ten years

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Notable informants over the past ten years

Post by Dave65827 »

Read the newest Gangland and was hoping we could get more research on notable informants over the past ten years that did quite some damage or of note. Off the top of my head I could think of

John Rubeo- helped expose the 157 million dollar fraud east coast LCN case

Bonanno Capo Peter Lovaglio- testified against Cammarano

Lucchese John Pennisi- testified against Crea and Madonna with him to take the stand eventually against Desantis and Dellorusso

Robert Spinelli- main informant that made the tapes in the Meldish murder

Newest one obviously is Andrew Koslosky the guy that made the tapes that brought down Ricciardo and Russo

Any other guys you could think of over the past 10 yrs as the new year approaches
Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Notable informants over the past ten years

Post by Pmac2 »

bobby deluca in new england got the whole family indicted for the strip club shakedown. then capo mark rosetti a known killer and acting consigliere for a short time is indicted in state court for herion trafficking and running a crew of nut cases doing all types of shit. the state police exposed mark rosetti as a long time federal informant. he crew was nuts into all types of shit the feds should have took them all down on a RICO but they let it slide.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

rosetti did his 10yrs and is probaly living out towards worcester just not in boston i bet.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Bent Finger Lou , Frankie the Fixer, Gaspare Valenti
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Anthony Persiano, Vincenzo Morena
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Bonanno soldier Thomas Carrube wore a wire and testified in the Cammarano Jr trial.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Mark Rossetti, a capodecina from the Patriarca family. After the FBI filed a massive indictment, it turned out that he had been an FBI informant for a long time under the supervision of Michael Buckley.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:46 am Vincenzo Morena
If/when this guy comes out with a book, that will be a doozy
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Completely forgot about Vincenzo Morena. Shame he went into the program and never took the stand. If I remember he was in the position to explain the Hamilton conflict and the roles of the bonnanos up north
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Sadly, I hate to admit this but “Mr. Do Nothing” John Pennisi is probably the biggest name of the newest rats.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:20 pm Completely forgot about Vincenzo Morena. Shame he went into the program and never took the stand. If I remember he was in the position to explain the Hamilton conflict and the roles of the bonnanos up north
This whole Vincenzo Morena making ceremony always confused me , Violi from Buffalo and Canadian Bonanno capo Damiano Zummo making a drug dealer , Did NYC ok this and if so who ? And does this mean there are more Bonannos floating around up north then people think there could be ?
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Anthony "Big Anthony" Russo.
Could also maybe put Reynold Maragni as another one for the Colombo family, not that he was very effective but he had a lot of coverage because of his antics while wired up.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Gino DiPietro , he was silenced rather quickly though….
Ciro_DiMarzio
Associate

Post by Ciro_DiMarzio »

Is it a guarantee that Pennisi will eventually testify against Desantis and Dellorusso at some point in the future?

I know they really take out rats anymore but would there not even be a conversation around this?
Ciro_DiMarzio
Associate

Post by Ciro_DiMarzio »

DON'T really take out rats***