When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Post by NYNighthawk »

ANyone think he will try to take the reins of the Gambino Family?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: When Gene Gotti Gets Out

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

No.

The Gotti's are Gambino history.

With time served he's owed his stripes. Can't see anything more than that for the foreseeable.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

You can't chase a guy who does thirty years standing on his head. But Sonny's right, he won't get an administration spot. He still has a HUGE shy book that's been watched after for all these years. If he's smart, he'll call it all in and get the fuck out of here for a warmer climate. He won't recognize the New York he left in 1989 anyway.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

He'll probably get Gurino's crew, got a lot of the Gotti family in it.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

East Bronx wrote:You can't chase a guy who does thirty years standing on his head. But Sonny's right, he won't get an administration spot. He still has a HUGE shy book that's been watched after for all these years. If he's smart, he'll call it all in and get the fuck out of here for a warmer climate. He won't recognize the New York he left in 1989 anyway.
If he was standing on his head for 30yrs he would have had a blood clot and died along time ago. More than likely he did all 30yrs either sitting on his ass or standing on his feet. :mrgreen:
And more then likely that Shy book is no longer the Shy book it was when he left. New customers new loans(because most of Genes customers are dead by now) He went away in 88' I believe. So more then likely those loans have been paid off a long time ago. I think some just took it over and maybe sent him a fraction of what it makes the last 3 decades. Gene will wind up a soldier most likely. How can they make him a Captain with no crew? He probably doesn't even know who 70% of the family is? 1988 was a looooooong time ago 8-)
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:He'll probably get Gurino's crew, got a lot of the Gotti family in it.
That makes sense. 1- in that crew he will actually know who most of the guys are. 2) it keeps all the Gotti's under one crew which makes it easier for the new leaders to keep an eye on them.
After sitting in the can since 1988 he probably figured out by now that his Brother John did more damage then good to the family.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Back in the early 2000s it was reported that he was still very respected in the family and was being considered for Consiglieri even though he wasn't gettng out for like 15 years. Evdiently it didn't happen but it does show the esteem he was held in. If he does get back in the game I can see him, over time, attaining a leadership position.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Rocco wrote: He probably doesn't even know who 70% of the family is? 1988 was a looooooong time ago 8-)
I'm thinking he moves to Arizona gets himself an I-phone and plays ninja kingdom on facebook all day.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wasn't it DiLeonardo who said in his interview recently that Gene Gotti had kept the title of capo throughout his prison sentence and kept influence in the family? I also remember reading from another informant who said that Gene Gotti was seen as separate from his brother and held a lot of respect even from people who didn't care for John. Maybe someone else remembers.

Not trying to say I have a clue about anything especially what's going to happen, only that different reliable sources have said that Gene is his own entity outside of the "John Gotti" tag.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Good post B.

Interesting to know. I would've assumed he was tarred with Johns brush.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Back in the early 2000s it was reported that he was still very respected in the family and was being considered for Consiglieri even though he wasn't gettng out for like 15 years. Evdiently it didn't happen but it does show the esteem he was held in. If he does get back in the game I can see him, over time, attaining a leadership position.

Pogo
He's remembered more fondly than ANY of his brothers by what's left of the old guard. Like I said, you don't chase a guy does that kinda time. But like I also said, if he's smart he'll head to Del Boca Vista. The more interesting question is in regards to what happens to Carneglia.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Good point.

Just under 3years. He'll be 74. If he's healthy that's a possible ten years plus activity.

Personally I don't think anything more than beyond skipper for either. That era is gone and the guard has changed. But who the fuck knows.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Both he and carneglia will be on parole for at least 15 years after their release. At 74 he has to realize if he gets caught again for anything it's a life sentence. That's why I am wondering what his plans are. Does he have a wife and kids? You never hear of them
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

On parole for 15 years? Omg...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

NYNighthawk wrote:Both he and carneglia will be on parole for at least 15 years after their release.
Can you cite source please?

Thanks.