General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:47 am Not sure how serious to take this guy but there is a book and documentary coming out about his life in the 12th street players gang in Cicero. He recently posted this on his Facebook.
That is the son of Danny "Butch" Messina I think - I highly doubt he knows who is made in Cicero, but is probably going to make some quick bucks on a sucker from Utah who think this shit is cool :lol: I think this guy runs with Carparelli - I'm sure he's one of the few 'secretive' guys that got made :lol:
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Anybody know anything about this guy Filippo "Gigi" Rovito? Seems like he’s in some type of dispute with Phil and Vito Salamone. Both those guys are Outfit associates. Own Demarcos in Addison and Capri express in Burr Ridge

https://patch.com/illinois/burrridge/bu ... clash-cops
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:19 pm Anybody know anything about this guy Filippo "Gigi" Rovito? Seems like he’s in some type of dispute with Phil and Vito Salamone. Both those guys are Outfit associates. Own Demarcos in Addison and Capri express in Burr Ridge

Rovito is also an Outfit associate and a middleman between Mickey Davis and Paul Carparelli. His brother is Johnny Rovito and together with their other brother and sister, run the Capri chain of restaurants in the southwest Chicago suburbs. Mickey Davis and Rudy Fratto were known to frequent Gigi's Capri location. Johnny Rovito is Mike Spano's son-in-law and is also reputed to be an Outfit associate.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:19 pm Anybody know anything about this guy Filippo "Gigi" Rovito? Seems like he’s in some type of dispute with Phil and Vito Salamone. Both those guys are Outfit associates. Own Demarcos in Addison and Capri express in Burr Ridge

The Rovitos are Calabrians and have been alleged to be related to Jimmy I (maybe via marriage, though I haven’t confirmed the link). They have been discussed previously on this thread if you do a search.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I thought we posted this - Gigi was on Youtube at this meeting losing his shit on a bunch of Karens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmMp72ypY9k

Gigi really looks the part. His entire family funds the Mayor of Burr Ridge - Grasso.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:39 pm I thought we posted this - Gigi was on Youtube at this meeting losing his shit on a bunch of Karens:

Gigi really looks the part. His entire family funds the Mayor of Burr Ridge - Grasso.
He definitely does. I have just been reading up on him and sounds like he’s with the Cicero crew.

Was anyone aware of his conflict with the Salomones? What crew are they listed under? EP?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:01 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:39 pm I thought we posted this - Gigi was on Youtube at this meeting losing his shit on a bunch of Karens:

He definitely does. I have just been reading up on him and sounds like he’s with the Cicero crew.

Was anyone aware of his conflict with the Salomones? What crew are they listed under? EP?
What exactly is the conflict with the Salamones? Gigi served prison time for heroin in the late 80s or 90s and was probably a 12th Street Player himself - he's also a registered sex offender, but he was a kid himself when that happened.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm

What exactly is the conflict with the Salamones? Gigi served prison time for heroin in the late 80s or 90s and was probably a 12th Street Player himself - he's also a registered sex offender, but he was a kid himself when that happened.
Sounds like the beef has to do with his restaurant which is called Capri. Salamone’s own a restaurant called Capri Express and that is also in Burr Ridge. Not really sure which one opened first but it’s obviously over the name. The article I posted a couple posts ago mentions the Salamone’s which sounds like they are sending people over to Gigi’s restaurant to cause problems

Here is a video of him at his restaurant. Definitely plays the part

https://fb.watch/9TwavEaVh1/
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:17 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Sounds like the beef has to do with his restaurant which is called Capri. Salamone’s own a restaurant called Capri Express and that is also in Burr Ridge. Not really sure which one opened first but it’s obviously over the name. The article I posted a couple posts ago mentions the Salamone’s which sounds like they are sending people over to Gigi’s restaurant to cause problems

Here is a video of him at his restaurant. Definitely plays the part

https://fb.watch/9TwavEaVh1/
Gigi's brother Johnny used run the Capri Express. I don't know for sure but I imagine it was a smaller, less formal version of Capri owned by Gigi and they were definitely affiliated. Apparently, something changed and Salamone owns part, or all, of the Express. I'm not sure about Johnny's status at this time in regards to ownership of the Capri Express.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Mike is that muddafucka there? lol Gigi is like out of central casting. I wonder who his guy in the Outfit really is - I am not sure he's more than an associate because he's that flashy.

Vito Salamone from my view is one of the largest shylocks in Chicago. He also owns a piece of Bacci's that pizza place near Wrigley.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:29 pm Mike is that muddafucka there? lol Gigi is like out of central casting. I wonder who his guy in the Outfit really is - I am not sure he's more than an associate because he's that flashy.

Vito Salamone from my view is one of the largest shylocks in Chicago. He also owns a piece of Bacci's that pizza place near Wrigley.
Bacci the chain or just the one near wrigley? The original one is owned by another Outfit associate Robert Didiana. If Vito is one of the largest loansharks, then what kind of politics are going on between the two? Both definitely have some heavy friends. Who does Salamone fall under?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:02 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:29 pm Mike is that muddafucka there? lol Gigi is like out of central casting. I wonder who his guy in the Outfit really is - I am not sure he's more than an associate because he's that flashy.

Bacci the chain or just the one near wrigley? The original one is owned by another Outfit associate Robert Didiana. If Vito is one of the largest loansharks, then what kind of politics are going on between the two? Both definitely have some heavy friends. Who does Salamone fall under?
I've seen rumors that Salamone is a silent partner in the Bacci's chain.

This beef is interesting...
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Bobby Di Diana I believe is still the CEO for the Bacci’s chain and of course was the guy who busted for an arson conspiracy back in 2010 for hiring members of the TVLs to torch one of his buildings by the original Bacci’s by Taylor. They have almost 20 locations. If Vito Salamone has a piece of that, I wonder if he has been backing Di Diana for a long time or if he just got a piece of it because Di Diana was into him for money.

If you go back to the “Zips” thread, my hunch is that the Salamone family is connected in Sicily. Guys like them and La Balestra I’ve assumed have been under or allied with EP, maybe having previously been with D’Amico. It’s unclear to me where the line between affiliates of Italian groups and Outfit associates begin and end with that whole network. Guys like this could’ve been formally under an Outfit crew like EP, or they could’ve been their own group or faction under the Outfit, or they could’ve been some sort of hybrid Chicago-Italian partnership that over time just became more fully absorbed into the Outfit.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:41 pm

I've seen rumors that Salamone is a silent partner in the Bacci's chain.

This beef is interesting...
Zip fight: Sicilian’ vs Calabrese’ edition.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I had thought Salamone was 26th Street