General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:07 pm Anyone know if this is Gary Gagliano in the last photo on the bottom - fat bald guy in white posing for the photo. I've never seen a photo of him, so cannot say for sure but I believe the family did own Lukes:

https://www.viennabeef.com/news-recipes ... l-of-fame/
I've seen a couple older photos of him, but it doesn't look like him. The closest photo I've seen is probably 20-30 years prior to this, though. The guys on the far left and right definitely aren't. His wife is Roseanna, the current owner, who is second from the right. She is considerably younger than he is -- like 20 years younger.
I recall that you posted an old pic of Gary Gags back on GBB. To me, it could be the same guy, just much older. They seem to have the same broken/crooked nose?

I believe that Tore & Luke’s out in the burbs is also owned by a relative, Salvatore Gagliano?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:31 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:07 pm Anyone know if this is Gary Gagliano in the last photo on the bottom - fat bald guy in white posing for the photo. I've never seen a photo of him, so cannot say for sure but I believe the family did own Lukes:

I've seen a couple older photos of him, but it doesn't look like him. The closest photo I've seen is probably 20-30 years prior to this, though. The guys on the far left and right definitely aren't. His wife is Roseanna, the current owner, who is second from the right. She is considerably younger than he is -- like 20 years younger.
I've been told Gary is a spitting image of his father and uncle Joe Gags. That just looked like Joe Gags to me and I do know Roseanna is his wife and a Greek immigrant if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong and I would trust your word.
Yep, she’s Greek — Roseanna Makaris. A Chicago Dago and a Greek is a hot dog/beef stand power couple, lol.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:33 pm

I recall that you posted an old pic of Gary Gags back on GBB. To me, it could be the same guy, just much older. They seem to have the same broken/crooked nose?

I believe that Tore & Luke’s out in the burbs is also owned by a relative, Salvatore Gagliano?
Salvatore "Tore" Gagliano is the son of Joe Gags. Cousin of Gary. He does own the stands - he also owns a construction company SG Construction - and is involved in union rackets.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Salvatore "Tore" Gagliano is the son of Joe Gags. Cousin of Gary. He does own the stands - he also owns a construction company SG Construction - and is involved in union rackets.
Yeah, and this is the same Gary Gags. The Gary Gagliano from Luke's is the Son of Lola Petri and Mike Gagliano. This appears to be the same Michael Salvatore Gagliano (b. 1920) who was Joe Gags' younger brother
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

There is a court case with Tore Gagliano and one Sam Cantrambone where they were extorting Local 711 the truckdrivers union and billing them through two fake companies. None of this shit ever gets written about in Chicago but this is really no different than what the Outfit used to do. You can read more about this here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=OjwnK ... no&f=false
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Wasn't there a photo of Gary Gags from the Juice Loan almanac put out in the 70s?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

And I will say, balding older guy on the left one hundred percent has a strong resemblance to Joe Gags.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

funkster wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:03 pm And I will say, balding older guy on the left one hundred percent has a strong resemblance to Joe Gags.
That's exactly what I thought - I've never seen a photo of him.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am
funkster wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:03 pm And I will say, balding older guy on the left one hundred percent has a strong resemblance to Joe Gags.
I think it’s almost certainly him.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:52 am
I've always heard him alleged as a killer - Fosco has said that multiple times and kind of made clear Gary Gags and Vena were worth being concerned about. I've always wondered who would have done the last few hits for the Outfit - especially Zizzo - given there are so few guys like Gary and Ablie left in Chicago who would be capable.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:03 am
I've always heard him alleged as a killer - Fosco has said that multiple times and kind of made clear Gary Gags and Vena were worth being concerned about. I've always wondered who would have done the last few hits for the Outfit - especially Zizzo - given there are so few guys like Gary and Ablie left in Chicago who would be capable.
I’m not so sure that they were quite that short handed in this regard. For a made guy like Zizzo, I suspect that they kept it close and Vena was probably in charge. But they also had Tony Calabrese, Panozzo, Chuckie Russell, Mandell, Angelo Cassano (allegedly). They most likely had other options as well. I wouldn’t discount them being able to farm out tasks to the Folks organizations via the C-Notes. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there were still a few zips around at their disposal. My own opinion, of course, but I believe that at least up until quite recently the Outfit was capable of very effective use of lethal force when they decided it was necessary.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 am
I’m not so sure that they were quite that short handed in this regard. For a made guy like Zizzo, I suspect that they kept it close and Vena was probably in charge. But they also had Tony Calabrese, Panozzo, Chuckie Russell, Mandell, Angelo Cassano (allegedly). They most likely had other options as well. I wouldn’t discount them being able to farm out tasks to the Folks organizations via the C-Notes. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there were still a few zips around at their disposal. My own opinion, of course, but I believe that at least up until quite recently the Outfit was capable of very effective use of lethal force when they decided it was necessary.
I agree with you 100%. Bobby Abbinante could also be on that list -
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:21 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 am
I agree with you 100%. Bobby Abbinante could also be on that list -
I am fairly certain in one of his written "interview" articles when Mags first started coming on, he mentioned Gags as someone on the street he'd prefer not to discuss.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:09 pm There is a court case with Tore Gagliano and one Sam Cantrambone where they were extorting Local 711 the truckdrivers union and billing them through two fake companies. None of this shit ever gets written about in Chicago but this is really no different than what the Outfit used to do. You can read more about this here:

Happen to notice the other one involved, 777, is still headed by the Glimcos?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

funkster wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:09 pm There is a court case with Tore Gagliano and one Sam Cantrambone where they were extorting Local 711 the truckdrivers union and billing them through two fake companies. None of this shit ever gets written about in Chicago but this is really no different than what the Outfit used to do. You can read more about this here:

Happen to notice the other one involved, 777, is still headed by the Glimcos?
Yes 777 is heavily hispanic in terms of membership if I'm not mistaken. James Glimco is the head and his brother Greg Glimco I think is their Treasurer (grandsons of Joey Glimco). Chicago probably has more relatives of 50s/60s era mobsters in major union positions than any other mob family I can think of - Glimco, Coli, Giancana, Aiuppa, Senese, Cerone, Torello, Spano, Talarico, etc. all have namesake relatives in positions of influence at major unions either today or in recent years. None of it ever gets reported on beyond the union rags.