Current Lucchese Family Underboss - Patty Dellorusso

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Current Lucchese Family Underboss - Patty Dellorusso

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Patty Dellorusso was with the Paul Vario crew and during his time in the crew, he did his first hit and made a name for himself in air freight industry. On or about February 6, 1989, Thomas "Red" Gilmore was shot to death by Patty Dellorusso and Louis “Louie Bagels” Daidone who would later become the Acting Boss.D'Arco testified that in late 1988, Amuso told D'Arco that he suspected Gilmore of being an informant and that he wanted Gilmore killed. In February 1991, Dellorusso along with Tommy "Red" Anzeulotto murdered Larry Taylor, the motive behind this was the fact that Taylor wanted revenge for the death of Bruno Facciolo.

In September 1991, during Al D'Arco’s declaration he told the federal government that Patrick Dellorusso was the head of Lucchese family's rackets in the air-freight industry.D’Arco also stated that Dellorusso controlled Lucchese family associate Anthony Razza who has served as the secretary-treasurer of Local 851.Dellorusso is a former shop steward at Local 295, and a former labor relations director for the Amerford International Corporation, an air-freight company.Dellorusso was later barred by the courts to any membership to the national teamsters administrator’s.

Dello Russo was the Luchese crime family’s feared enforcer at the airport, he was a former Local 295 shop steward who was alleged by the government to have had several mob hits under his belt. In front of several members, he beat bloody another Teamster steward who got in his way.Dello Russo jumped the fence to work for management when the government moved to seize the local, a position that allowed him to continue orchestrating the mob’s airport enterprises.Dello Russo became the linchpin that led to the federal trusteeship of Local 851, whose officials were revealed to be Dello Russo cronies.

In 1993, Dellorusso was indicted along with Anthony Calagna on money laundering and witness tampering chargers.The indictment stated that Dellorusso along with others were involved in union corruption involving air freight companies in New York and Chicago; the group extorted three Teamsters locals; two in New York local 295 and local 851 and the third was local 705 in Chicago.DelloRusso was also accused of conspiring to murder a Lucchese associate, Vladimir Jadick, who had cooperated with law enforcement officials.

Patty was released from federal prison in 2004 and was back with the Lucchese Family.He became a Capo after Michael DeSantis became the Acting Boss though his elevation to the Underboss position happened later on.Patty has worked his way to the top but according to Jerry Capeci “The Manhattan US Attorney’s Office has spent more than two years piecing together a blockbuster racketeering case against acting Lucchese boss Michael (Big Mike) DeSantis and underboss Patrick (Patty Red) Dellorusso, Gang Land reported. And it’s the singing goodfella Pennisi who “is expected to finger them from the witness stand.” I first posted this on Reddit under the name “Little_Al1991)
newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Current Lucchese Family Underboss - Patty Dellorusso

Post by newera_212 »

DelloRusso took over the whole airports thing at a pretty young age. I always thought it was when Tony Calagna went to prison but apparently they were indicted together? I wonder if Casso just took Calagna down , as he was doing that to a lot of older stalwarts at the time and replacing them with people who he trusted more.

Pennisi said back in the day when he was a kid one of the first jobs he had was at a company based on the JFK grounds that would help track down missing luggage and deliver it to customers. He said he encountered Louis Daidone during this job as a kid - wonder if he encountered Dellorusso as well? Seems like he would have

Also amazing to think that it was not THAT long ago... 30 years ago..these guys were able to run rampant at the airport like that. Now the airports are as secure as AdMax prisons basically
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:04 am DelloRusso took over the whole airports thing at a pretty young age. I always thought it was when Tony Calagna went to prison but apparently they were indicted together? I wonder if Casso just took Calagna down , as he was doing that to a lot of older stalwarts at the time and replacing them with people who he trusted more.

Pennisi said back in the day when he was a kid one of the first jobs he had was at a company based on the JFK grounds that would help track down missing luggage and deliver it to customers. He said he encountered Louis Daidone during this job as a kid - wonder if he encountered Dellorusso as well? Seems like he would have

Also amazing to think that it was not THAT long ago... 30 years ago..these guys were able to run rampant at the airport like that. Now the airports are as secure as AdMax prisons basically
Yes, I believe there were indicted together but if Casso wanted to take Calagna down he would have to ask for Amuso’s permission.I don’t believe they wanted to take Calagna down like they did with Michael Pappadio.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:35 pm
newera_212 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:04 am DelloRusso took over the whole airports thing at a pretty young age. I always thought it was when Tony Calagna went to prison but apparently they were indicted together? I wonder if Casso just took Calagna down , as he was doing that to a lot of older stalwarts at the time and replacing them with people who he trusted more.

Yes, I believe there were indicted together but if Casso wanted to take Calagna down he would have to ask for Amuso’s permission.I don’t believe they wanted to take Calagna down like they did with Michael Pappadio.
I'm not 100% sure of the timeline, and all the info I have on the Luccheses during this era comes from the same place as everyone else's info - D'Arco's book - but I remember when Amuso and Casso were on the run ducking that windows indictment, they were popping back up for meetings. Every meeting that they resurfaced for resulted in substantial changes to the family; crew re-assignments, creation of panels for specific rackets, and constant Administration changes. They were shifting people to other crews, taking people down, moving people around. It seemed like all of the older stalwarts were being replaced by the younger Brooklyn guys. I also remember in that book that during this time, Calagna was arrested and when D'Arco was playing middleman for Casso, he gave Calagna's family something like $5000 out of some money that was kicked up to the admin, since Calagna was headed to prison. Casso was furious about it lol.

Do you have any info on Calagna himself? He always seemed like an interesting guy to me. He was a a heavyweight... a huge player... but seems like he got made much later in life. I wonder who he came up under, things like that...
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

funny dellorusso was never indicted on any of the murder charges or was he? i mean they cn just roll it in his next rico indictment but little als dead, casso dead, joe defede is dead. im not sure they could put a murder on him today without those witnesses. he did do almost 10 years if he was indicted in the mid 90tys and got out in 2004 maybe his lawyers got him coverage for murder conspicys or whatever thats called.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

guys preety young to what about 60tys. he must have been in the life since he was a teen. pennisi sounds bitter towards him in all his podcasts.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

what does a shop steward do?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Philly d wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:09 pm what does a shop steward do?
Basically the go-between the union members and the employer.
All roads lead to New York.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:35 pm

I'm not 100% sure of the timeline, and all the info I have on the Luccheses during this era comes from the same place as everyone else's info - D'Arco's book - but I remember when Amuso and Casso were on the run ducking that windows indictment, they were popping back up for meetings. Every meeting that they resurfaced for resulted in substantial changes to the family; crew re-assignments, creation of panels for specific rackets, and constant Administration changes. They were shifting people to other crews, taking people down, moving people around. It seemed like all of the older stalwarts were being replaced by the younger Brooklyn guys. I also remember in that book that during this time, Calagna was arrested and when D'Arco was playing middleman for Casso, he gave Calagna's family something like $5000 out of some money that was kicked up to the admin, since Calagna was headed to prison. Casso was furious about it lol.

Do you have any info on Calagna himself? He always seemed like an interesting guy to me. He was a a heavyweight... a huge player... but seems like he got made much later in life. I wonder who he came up under, things like that...
I could not find much about Calagna
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:37 pm guys preety young to what about 60tys. he must have been in the life since he was a teen. pennisi sounds bitter towards him in all his podcasts.
Pennisi doesn’t have the nicest of things to say about Patty Dellorusso but when Pennisi was in the life he was constantly with him going out for drinks.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

other funny thing his real name is patrck. not very common. italian guy named patrick. cool.
DannyTrio
Straightened out

Post by DannyTrio »

Pic of Anthony Calagna!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:44 am other funny thing his real name is patrck. not very common. italian guy named patrick. cool.
Lots of Pattys ........
Pat DeFilippo,Patty from the bronx
Pat Spirito Philly
Pat Musitano Fat Pat
Pasquale “Patty” Amato
Pastsy Barrance Gambino
Pasquale "Patsy" Conte
Pasquale “Patty Boy Falcetti ,westside
Pasquale "Patsy" Parello
Pasquale “Scop” DeLuca
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Pasquale isnt patrick i get they shorten it to patty or pat but his name is patrick i believe just thought that was funny
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Unless his government name is pasquale