Why were the other families afraid of the Genovese?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ninored
Associate

Re: Why were the other families afraid of the Genovese?

Post by Ninored »

Interesting article on Genvoese associate Peter Caporino, who was giving $2,500 a week to Bobby Manna until he was able to reduce it to $850. Then when Manna went to jail in 1988, Caporino paid tribute to his wife Ida for the next 10 years, until 1998, when he started kicking up to big joe Scarborough, a powerful Genovese associate who oversaw a crew that ran bookmaking and loan-sharking from a Hoboken social club.

The guy was also a government informant for 15 years and ended up wearing a wire for the government.

https://www.cosanostranews.com/2021/11/ ... y.html?m=1
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I know a CO in Hudson county and he was there

He was another of the wise guys that had excellent food catered in for him and the guards on a daily basis
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 pm I know a CO in Hudson county and he was there

He was another of the wise guys that had excellent food catered in for him and the guards on a daily basis
Also there is still big sports gambling action run out of JC delis . They give you an actual ticket , no joke
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:21 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 pm I know a CO in Hudson county and he was there

Also there is still big sports gambling action run out of JC delis . They give you an actual ticket , no joke
Where at, the Heights?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Yes
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Public knowledge, no one gives an F anymore w NJ gambling , it’s everywhere and out in the open

I expect the same with Weed

No one in NJ is being sent to jail for weed / gambling anymore
Great times to be a wise guy in those areas