Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Post by B. »

The two cousins he mentioned who got made were the Navarra brothers. He said eight or nine guys who came up in his circle are active members now and commented they were from the Giannini crowd. Fits with some of the younger Sicilian guys who have been made in the last decade or so.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I still have to check out some of the interviews he's done since John - but it was kind of odd to see how in the span of like a month, he went from having a show that was more or less a huge cut above the rest of the "mobtube" scene, with first hand content, no shit talking, etc... from that to hosting a 5 hour roundtable stream with every 3rd and 4th tier clown who's involved in that space. The I-Light guy he had on was an idiot
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:10 am I still have to check out some of the interviews he's done since John - but it was kind of odd to see how in the span of like a month, he went from having a show that was more or less a huge cut above the rest of the "mobtube" scene, with first hand content, no shit talking, etc... from that to hosting a 5 hour roundtable stream with every 3rd and 4th tier clown who's involved in that space. The I-Light guy he had on was an idiot
I like Tom, but i am genuinely curious as to who in their right mind would watch a 5 1/2 hour livestream of those dudes just yapping.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

funkster wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:30 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:10 am I still have to check out some of the interviews he's done since John - but it was kind of odd to see how in the span of like a month, he went from having a show that was more or less a huge cut above the rest of the "mobtube" scene, with first hand content, no shit talking, etc... from that to hosting a 5 hour roundtable stream with every 3rd and 4th tier clown who's involved in that space. The I-Light guy he had on was an idiot
I like Tom, but i am genuinely curious as to who in their right mind would watch a 5 1/2 hour livestream of those dudes just yapping.
One of the "Four Horseman" Vinny Braaco, seems to have been associated with the Bonnanos. He is a Middle Village guy, busted with Rabito in 2003. He has some interesting insights I haven't heard before regarding being a LCN associated bookmaker, getting busted, having Corrozzo as a lawyer.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

moneyman wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:10 pm
One of the "Four Horseman" Vinny Braaco, seems to have been associated with the Bonnanos. He is a Middle Village guy, busted with Rabito in 2003. He has some interesting insights I haven't heard before regarding being a LCN associated bookmaker, getting busted, having Corrozzo as a lawyer.
They for sure have some interesting insights. I just can't bother scouring through five hours to find them, just dont have the time. Who is the guy with the goatee and always wearing the sports gear?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

funkster wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:08 pm
moneyman wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:10 pm
They for sure have some interesting insights. I just can't bother scouring through five hours to find them, just dont have the time. Who is the guy with the goatee and always wearing the sports gear?
I agree, it's crazy how long these shows are now. It definetly gets boring and everything seems to be centered around this drama with 'Tony Pizza." The guy with the goatee is a random viewer I think who grew up in Brooklyn. I'm not exactly sure why Tom has him on.

What would be great in terms of a podcast format is to have a Black Hand Forum roundtable of researchers talking about topics that aren't generally covered, offering unique takes and viewpoints on subjects based on their research. It would be a 1000x more interesting.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CC and Villain co-host a cooking show. Every time B calls in to mention “system of representation”, Villain takes a shot of rakija.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I actually will double back and check out some of that stuff with the Vinny guy. Always love to hear more about Queens - especially more recent day Maspeth / Middle Village stuff - there's not much info out there about that.

Another funny one is FBS interviewing the Cirelli family - the great niece and great nephew of the old woman who held the lease for the apartment above the Ravenite. The apartment where Gotti held court with LoCascio, et. al. - I happened to tune in for a few minutes to one of them, and the Cirellis said they grew up out on Long Island and visited Mulberry Street a few times when they were kids. What the fuck is there to even talk about then? lmao. What could they be possibly adding as guests? Basically random italian baby boomers from long island who had family that lived in the same building as the Ravenite
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Tom is more likable than Pennisi and I really don’t think John knows all that much. His info is kinda boring tbh.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Tom is saying he's received death threats.

"Hi everyone... I now have received up to 4 death threats against my family and me directly from another creator an alleged former member of organized crime member as well as some of his followers. I have vetted these threats from friends from both sides of the law and they all consider these credible threats as I’ll be forced to take action. With that said this will be my only comment on the matter as the safety of my family is the only and top concern and father who heads a household."
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 pm Tom is saying he's received death threats.

"Hi everyone... I now have received up to 4 death threats against my family and me directly from another creator an alleged former member of organized crime member as well as some of his followers. I have vetted these threats from friends from both sides of the law and they all consider these credible threats as I’ll be forced to take action. With that said this will be my only comment on the matter as the safety of my family is the only and top concern and father who heads a household."
What the hell?

Which episodes are the Vinny from Queens guy on?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

funkster wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 pm Tom is saying he's received death threats.

What the hell?

Which episodes are the Vinny from Queens guy on?
Long story short Tom was supporting this other YouTube character “Tony Pizza” who claims to have been associated with Gravano in the 80s. Tom was giving money to Tony Pizza to help him out because he is homeless. Tony Pizza insults Tom’s cohosts consistently and Tom started to call him out on it. Tony Pizza is a disturbed individual and yesterday started saying he was going to beat up Tom at his house. I’m embarrassed to say I know what’s going on but Tom is a sharp guy and it’s interesting to see him try and build a mob content channel especially since Pennisi left. Unfortunately I think this will all blow up in his face as there is not much interesting content.

This is a good interview with Vinny if you can sit through some of the “Mobtube drama” they talk about.

https://youtu.be/6VigCd5P-4o
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

lol thanks.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

He should have knew better than to deal with that low IQ retard Tony Pizza.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Catching up on some of this..audio is bad but does Alite seriously claim that he was the one sent to break the news to Joe Gallo that he was being knocked down from Consigliere? lol