John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Coloboy
Straightened out

Re: John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Post by Coloboy »

And lord did that guy have a huge pile of legit businesses. Something like 9 car dealerships, a garbage company, a construction biz, and dog tracks mentioned, and I’m sure he owned plenty of real estate.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:12 pm IMO….the guy remained the top guy until sometime between 2009-2012. After his appeal release in 94, seems he pretty much stopped directly involving himself in street rackets, and after 2000 or so it seems he pretty much only discussed outfit business with his brother as a filter. That’s a recipe for evading prosecution for sure. You can still call the major shots and get tribute, but not have to be directly involved in rackets.

The succession line after him is damn tough to piece together. Many sources say Joey A got that spot at least for a few years ( if he still doesn’t technically have it), and then?? Who knows.
A couple of months ago, we pieced together a succession line from various sources. Now, it should be noted that this does not include guys like Accardo who did not have a "street presence" but were still influential or had some level of authority over Outfit affairs. It could be argued that DiFronzo held that position for some period of time but his true level of influence post-2000 remains in question. Some of us have also postulated that Andriacchi is now in a similar position as DiFronzo and Accardo before him.

Succession line of Outfit bosses:
1986-1992: Sam Carlisi (imprisoned)
Street Boss 1989/1990 to 1992: John DiFronzo
1992 to 1997: John DiFronzo (stepped down)
Acting 1992/1993 to 1994: Joe Andriacchi
1997 to 2001: John Monteleone (died)
2001 to 2003: Al Tornabene (stepped down)
2003 to 2005: James Marcello (imprisoned)
2005 to 2010: Mike Sarno (imprisoned)
2010 to Present: Unknown
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 am
Coloboy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:12 pm IMO….the guy remained the top guy until sometime between 2009-2012. After his appeal release in 94, seems he pretty much stopped directly involving himself in street rackets, and after 2000 or so it seems he pretty much only discussed outfit business with his brother as a filter. That’s a recipe for evading prosecution for sure. You can still call the major shots and get tribute, but not have to be directly involved in rackets.

The succession line after him is damn tough to piece together. Many sources say Joey A got that spot at least for a few years ( if he still doesn’t technically have it), and then?? Who knows.
A couple of months ago, we pieced together a succession line from various sources. Now, it should be noted that this does not include guys like Accardo who did not have a "street presence" but were still influential or had some level of authority over Outfit affairs. It could be argued that DiFronzo held that position for some period of time but his true level of influence post-2000 remains in question. Some of us have also postulated that Andriacchi is now in a similar position as DiFronzo and Accardo before him.

I also think that DiFronzo was the boss from 1993 until 1997 with Andriacchi and Monteleone acting during certain time periods. We must not forget about the rumors regarding some tensions being present at the time between the EP\Northwest group and the Chinatown/South Side group.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:36 am

I also think that DiFronzo was the boss from 1993 until 1997 with Andriacchi and Monteleone acting during certain time periods. We must not forget about the rumors regarding some tensions being present at the time between the EP\Northwest group and the Chinatown/South Side group.
Wasn't Frank Calabrese Sr. confirming "Joey from the West" (Joey A) had the spot within the prison recordings with Frank Jr. around the 2000 timeframe? He was saying Joey from the East (Lombardo) and Joey from the West (Andriacchi) if I'm not mistaken and described the Christmas Tree structure the Outfit was continuing to maintain. I tend to think some of these instances could have been more or less panel-type structures based on who was on the street.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Agreed that DiFronzo‘s level of influence post 2000 is still murky, but I think we have enough general evidence to show that he was still very influential, if not officially the top boss. I mainly thinking of the reports of Sarno kicking tribute up to him, Carparelli fearing retribution from him for potentially beating up an acquaintance of his, the meeting with Panozzo and others prior to Zizzos disappearance, and the meeting captured by Chuck Goudie with Marco D’Amico, his brothers, and others in 2009. that all certainly points to somebody who was still involved in my opinion.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:02 am Agreed that DiFronzo‘s level of influence post 2000 is still murky, but I think we have enough general evidence to show that he was still very influential, if not officially the top boss. I mainly thinking of the reports of Sarno kicking tribute up to him, Carparelli fearing retribution from him for potentially beating up an acquaintance of his, the meeting with Panozzo and others prior to Zizzos disappearance, and the meeting captured by Chuck Goudie with Marco D’Amico, his brothers, and others in 2009. that all certainly points to somebody who was still involved in my opinion.
DiFronzo probably took Ricca's/Accardos position....the West Side faction was always the leading group, besides guys like Monteleone and Tornabene having the boss position during certain time periods.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

According to the spano court documents for the Cicero scam, spano identified monteleone as the boss starting in 1995
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:34 am

According to the spano court documents for the Cicero scam, spano identified monteleone as the boss starting in 1995
I think 1997 was just an estimation on our part (although Antiliar may have gotten that year from Magnafichi). It's very possible that Monteleone was acting for DiFronzo as early as 1995.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thats right and thats why I previously mentioned that Monteleone or Andriacchi acted during one period. Spano belonged to the so-called south group and thats why he saw Monteleone as his personal boss and also boss of the Outfit (according to Spanos own words)
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Villain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:10 am

Thats right and thats why I previously mentioned that Monteleone or Andriacchi acted during one period. Spano belonged to the so-called south group and thats why he saw Monteleone as his personal boss and also boss of the Outfit (according to Spanos own words)
....in addition, it is also possible that at the same time Joey A was supported as boss by his own crew and also by the Grand Av group which was headed by Joey L and Centracchio or the so-called Northwest group. This also might explain the alleged tensions between the two factions (South vs Northwest) during that particular time period. I say "that particular time period" because by 1997/98 both factions were allegedly on good terms. Later the conflict switched between the Cicero/Chinatown and Cicero/MP crews and obviously the Cicero/South crew won the war and the old Aiuppa-Carlisi-Marcello crew became non-existent.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:02 am Agreed that DiFronzo‘s level of influence post 2000 is still murky, but I think we have enough general evidence to show that he was still very influential, if not officially the top boss. I mainly thinking of the reports of Sarno kicking tribute up to him, Carparelli fearing retribution from him for potentially beating up an acquaintance of his, the meeting with Panozzo and others prior to Zizzos disappearance, and the meeting captured by Chuck Goudie with Marco D’Amico, his brothers, and others in 2009. that all certainly points to somebody who was still involved in my opinion.
What are the details of the meeting with Panozzo? I don’t remember hearing this. Where did it come out that they met? Also, who did Carparelli beat up?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:26 pm
What are the details of the meeting with Panozzo? I don’t remember hearing this. Where did it come out that they met? Also, who did Carparelli beat up?
Burnstein said there was federal surveillance of DiFronzo meeting in Chicago with Albert Vena, Tony Zizzo, Panozzo, and Jeff Hollingshead in the "weeks leading up to Zizzo's disappearance in 2006."
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Carparelli was going to break the legs of a debtor. However, he thought (incorrectly) , that the debtor had a relationship with Difronzo, therefore he was worried about touching him. It was originally a sun times article, but here is a link to the one that I could find.

https://www.vfpress.news/articles/event ... urce-fair/

My point in bringing that up was to illustrate that Carparelli, a Cicero guy, still had respect/fear of Difronzo, so It is one of a few tiny hints that no nose was still involved.

With the modern day outfit, it seems to me the only real hints you can get are from the very few wire taps/recorded conversations that exist. You have to read between the lines a bit. For example, I always felt that Steve Mandell going to Albert Vena for permission to kill someone was a clue that the Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue factions had indeed been combined as has been suggested on this site. Historically, Mandell was an EP guy . However, in 2010 or so he went to vena for permission.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm
Burnstein said there was federal surveillance of DiFronzo meeting in Chicago with Albert Vena, Tony Zizzo, Panozzo, and Jeff Hollingshead in the "weeks leading up to Zizzo's disappearance in 2006."
I think some of that was more conjecture - he was trying to make Hollingshead out to be a bigger threat than he was. I really don't think Hollingshead knew the DiFronzo's - certainly not his wife.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 pm
Carparelli was going to break the legs of a debtor. However, he thought (incorrectly) , that the debtor had a relationship with Difronzo, therefore he was worried about touching him. It was originally a sun times article, but here is a link to the one that I could find.

https://www.vfpress.news/articles/event ... urce-fair/

My point in bringing that up was to illustrate that Carparelli, a Cicero guy, still had respect/fear of Difronzo, so It is one of a few tiny hints that no nose was still involved.

With the modern day outfit, it seems to me the only real hints you can get are from the very few wire taps/recorded conversations that exist. You have to read between the lines a bit. For example, I always felt that Steve Mandell going to Albert Vena for permission to kill someone was a clue that the Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue factions had indeed been combined as has been suggested on this site. Historically, Mandell was an EP guy . However, in 2010 or so he went to vena for permission.
The guy RJ Serpico who Carparelli was going to beat up was the nephew of the Melrose Park Mayor - the Mayor's brother was into Mickey Davis for $300K. This is like five fucking years ago it shows the Outfit is that juiced in Melrose - RJ works for Al Piemonte now :lol: