John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Post by Extortion »

So he is either like just a genius at avoiding law enforcement techniques and force, incredibly lucky or…
Possibly an informant for a different agency…Perhaps for DHS, CIA, The DA’s office (don’t think DA would protect him from FBI though)…He had to have known something…
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Scott B. goes into some details from the files.

https://gangsterreport.com/deep-diving- ... n-display/
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Greg Scarpa, John Difronzo and Mikey Lancelotti are all very lucky gangsters. Coincidence?????
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

No nose did some time in the 90tys i think he was doing atleast a decade then the case got appealed. Good lawyers more then luck. From what i read he was loaded and was a hands off boss
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Very little info of interest in these docs from what I can tell. Snakes already noted on the other thread that they do provide further support for the assumption that DiFronzo succeeded Joe Gags as EP capo. Apart from that, most of what seems to be there is stuff we already now; Johnny held court at Gene’s deli and was surveilled frequenting his various auto dealerships, etc. If there is anything to indicate his co-operation with LE, it presumably would be in his files from the 90s onwards and I wouldn’t exactly hold my breath for those (besides the certainty that anything in there would be redacted to death anyway).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

DiFronzo wasnt they only one to not be indicted. Lou Marino was there to according to Calabrese.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Curious what qualifies for inclusion in these publicly released FBI files. Sometimes they are fairly comprehensive but other times they leave a lot out (not because of redaction, just straight up not included). For example Joe Bonanno's FBI file posted on the "Vault" is nowhere near comprehensive -- I have a collection of files directly covering him that don't appear in his "Vault" FBI file. Nicky Scarfo's file is also just two sets of files that covers a small snippet of the period he was active.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

B. wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:44 pm Curious what qualifies for inclusion in these publicly released FBI files. Sometimes they are fairly comprehensive but other times they leave a lot out (not because of redaction, just straight up not included). For example Joe Bonanno's FBI file posted on the "Vault" is nowhere near comprehensive -- I have a collection of files directly covering him that don't appear in his "Vault" FBI file. Nicky Scarfo's file is also just two sets of files that covers a small snippet of the period he was active.
The FBI is notorious about only giving a certain amount and then cutting it off if the requester doesn't ask for more.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Frank wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:00 pm DiFronzo wasnt they only one to not be indicted. Lou Marino was there to according to Calabrese.
Excellent point that always gets forgotten. Marcello was tied to those murders because he helped set it up and they had phone records, etc. - it was not solely based in Nick's eyeball ID the night of the killings. They had nothing else on DiFronzo - that's my view - I really don't think he was a snitch.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Saying that DiFronzo was an informant, is the same as saying that Accardo, Prio and LaPorte were also snitches. Some guys were simply too powerful and managed to beat LE in every criminal case and above all, they controlled a big portion of the police and judicial system. Back during the 30s when Claude Maddox was arrested and brought for questioning regarding the St Valentines Day massacre, none of the investigators had the balls to question him because he was known as a cop killer and was also known for having 90% of Chicagos police on his payroll lol

Although i have to be honest since we also have an example in which Ricca flushed down the toliet one of his chief executives Jack Cerone....meaning if you look at the general picture, Ricca was a snitch....so much for the CN brotherhood lol
Last edited by Villain on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I will be skeptical about DiFronzo potentially cooperating unless I see definitive proof. He didn't talk to that many people and those he did talk to were either related (his brothers) or were longtime, close associates (Andriacchi, D'Amico). We have Red Wemette claiming he saw files proving DiFronzo's cooperation but we also have highly educated attorneys who don't even know what they're looking at in FBI files (the Persico debacle), so I will continue my skepticism until proven otherwise.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 am I will be skeptical about DiFronzo potentially cooperating unless I see definitive proof. He didn't talk to that many people and those he did talk to were either related (his brothers) or were longtime, close associates (Andriacchi, D'Amico). We have Red Wemette claiming he saw files proving DiFronzo's cooperation but we also have highly educated attorneys who don't even know what they're looking at in FBI files (the Persico debacle), so I will continue my skepticism until proven otherwise.
+1
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:12 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 am I will be skeptical about DiFronzo potentially cooperating unless I see definitive proof. He didn't talk to that many people and those he did talk to were either related (his brothers) or were longtime, close associates (Andriacchi, D'Amico). We have Red Wemette claiming he saw files proving DiFronzo's cooperation but we also have highly educated attorneys who don't even know what they're looking at in FBI files (the Persico debacle), so I will continue my skepticism until proven otherwise.
+1
Reading these newly released files DiFronzo was exceptionally surveillance conscious as was his entire crew - and if you read, the FBI clearly kept losing him and needing to step back and reassess where he was meeting. It's really interesting to see how these guys really dodged surveillance in their neighborhoods and I'm amazed they managed to keep rackets going - I really think DiFronzo had one of the smartest crews with Elmwood Park and guys like DeSisto, D'Amico, Cacciatore and his brothers.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

IMO….the guy remained the top guy until sometime between 2009-2012. After his appeal release in 94, seems he pretty much stopped directly involving himself in street rackets, and after 2000 or so it seems he pretty much only discussed outfit business with his brother as a filter. That’s a recipe for evading prosecution for sure. You can still call the major shots and get tribute, but not have to be directly involved in rackets.

The succession line after him is damn tough to piece together. Many sources say Joey A got that spot at least for a few years ( if he still doesn’t technically have it), and then?? Who knows.