Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Armchair MBA w Tom La Vecchia

Post by Tonyd621 »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:05 am After Pennisi and him separated, more than a few people unsubbed because JP was the star, but for those who dont know he's done a few mobcasts and had both Antonio Nicaso and Bonanno associated informant Frank Flondino (sp) on. Both interviews were quite good and informative. He, as an interviewer, has more knowledge than the average interviewer and it helps.

I endorse his podcast and think the ones covering this topic are a great addition to our knowledge-base.
Tom said he is related to the Riggis through marriage
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Him and pennisis put out way to much shit to fat the did 100 episodes in like 4 months should have droped 1 aweek.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Last evening Tommy Sig, was a joke, and Tom recognized this guy was a nobody. Literally, he's barely repeating what's in the paper and couldn't do that. I was politely pinging him this guy knows zero.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:57 am Last evening Tommy Sig, was a joke, and Tom recognized this guy was a nobody. Literally, he's barely repeating what's in the paper and couldn't do that. I was politely pinging him this guy knows zero.
I didnt think Tommu Sig was bad. He grew up in the neighborhood and was telling us how ppl reacted to some of the who flipped and who was powerful. He didn't have any "made" men stories. I mean the content was light but being a few podcasts in I thought it was a C+ start
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:45 am Him and pennisis put out way to much shit to fat the did 100 episodes in like 4 months should have droped 1 aweek.
I think that whole 30 episodes in 30 days really hurt them. I know that's when I started to lose interest. Specifically I remember tuning out for a while when they had this broad on talking about how she was with a man who was manipulating her and Pennisi was whining about the drama he had with his woman. I checked in now and again after that but when I saw they were doing episodes on stuff like Pizza Connection etc I knew they were running out of steam i.e. John was running out of stories he's able to tell. Hopefully with a fresh start they can both put out better stuff.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

Never understood this one episode per day stuff. They obviously ran out of steam and that's prob why Pennisi parted. Even Gravano who's actutually directly profiting from YT takes a break btw episodes.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:25 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:45 am Him and pennisis put out way to much shit to fat the did 100 episodes in like 4 months should have droped 1 aweek.
I think that whole 30 episodes in 30 days really hurt them. I know that's when I started to lose interest. Specifically I remember tuning out for a while when they had this broad on talking about how she was with a man who was manipulating her and Pennisi was whining about the drama he had with his woman. I checked in now and again after that but when I saw they were doing episodes on stuff like Pizza Connection etc I knew they were running out of steam i.e. John was running out of stories he's able to tell. Hopefully with a fresh start they can both put out better stuff.
Definitely. Agreed.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
axx
Straightened out

Re: Armchair MBA w Tom La Vcchia

Post by axx »

Did Pennisi ever talk about his prison experiences? In any of the episodes? I got the feeling he was avoiding the subject, but if you're 14 yrs in jail there must have been plenty of sh*t that happened there.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Maybe waiting til the SUPPOSED indictment comes and goes
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:57 am Last evening Tommy Sig, was a joke, and Tom recognized this guy was a nobody. Literally, he's barely repeating what's in the paper and couldn't do that. I was politely pinging him this guy knows zero.
Tommy Sig? WhT channel was this interview on? I didn’t see it on his channel..
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I am personally a fan of the show and Tom, but I agree the 30 for 30 was a bit much and will totally honest...when he does the 4 hour marathon episodes i dont even bother...dont know how people find the time. One hour is enough.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Re: Armchair MBA w Tom La Vcchia

Post by Dapper_Don »

axx wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 am Did Pennisi ever talk about his prison experiences? In any of the episodes? I got the feeling he was avoiding the subject, but if you're 14 yrs in jail there must have been plenty of sh*t that happened there.
he dropped some nuggets here and there, iirc he alluded to he was involved in a few situations (ie fights) but mostly kept to himself and read

Tom is doing a great job on his own thus far imo, better than decent questions (has improved from the beginning) on the mob genre, I have sent him (now and when he was with JP) some questions which they have answered on air. Ive basically unsub from all the other shows like stax,fbs, lee cole, etc basically a bunch of back and forth complaining with each other got old quickly. I saw raimondi was on Gunners channel on a two part episode will check that out, maybe some laughs.

Unfortunately the MBA and Button man channel didnt work out long term for both of them, maybe one day we will get the true story.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:25 am You can tell Tom is more relaxed , though without John. I bet someday Tom will get into what John has told him, privately. That's where the classified Intel is imo.
I can see that too.Tom is better as a solo interviewer also now he has the freedom to interview who ever he wants.I dont think for instance John would of wanted tom interviewing gene because John and ronnie are probably friends so gene wouldve bad mouthed ronnie g.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I really like Tom and it says a lot about him that he went full stride into providing more content on this subject rather than letting the Pennisi situation burn him out. A lot of respect for that mindset in a world where people make excuses and become bitter. He's also mentioned this forum as a solid place for "mobologists" despite having that issue here earlier. Tommy the Hat has my vote.

Frank Fiordilino's uncles were core captains in the Bonanno "zip" faction and they go back in Castellammare del Golfo. Interesting to me for that reason alone.
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

B. wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm
Frank Fiordilino's uncles were core captains in the Bonanno "zip" faction and they go back in Castellammare del Golfo. Interesting to me for that reason alone.
I hope Tom has Fiordilino back on again soon. I thought that was a great two parter.