First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:58 pm Dickie’s wife was, of course, a portrayal of a young Joanne Blundetto.

Fuck you you fucking whore.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:03 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:58 pm Dickie’s wife was, of course, a portrayal of a young Joanne Blundetto.

Pogo
“I can’t make you a fluffernutter”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:20 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Pogo
“I can’t make you a fluffernutter”.
That's Jason? Jesus!
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He's got a weight problem already. Eight years old. She never got him baptized. She thought she knew everything.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Yeah, I think everyone knows that. She was hotter than Dickie Sr’s wife.
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 am A black numbers runner is going to take on his Italian boss and he won't have 100 guys gunning for him the next day? In the history of Newark there were battles over the Italians poaching each others black numbers runners. Don't see any account of the black numbers runners turning into Rambo and shooting up his Italian bosses.
Yeah, I agree. For me, this plot development was one of the worst aspects of the movie. I can believe someone
might have been dumb/crazy enough to try it. Get away with it? A laughable fantasy.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

RamshackleMan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 am
dack2001 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 am A black numbers runner is going to take on his Italian boss and he won't have 100 guys gunning for him the next day? In the history of Newark there were battles over the Italians poaching each others black numbers runners. Don't see any account of the black numbers runners turning into Rambo and shooting up his Italian bosses.
Yeah, I agree. For me, this plot development was one of the worst aspects of the movie. I can believe someone
might have been dumb/crazy enough to try it. Get away with it? A laughable fantasy.
I remember reading Anthony Accetturo had several of them killed when they tried to move into Lucchese territory.
All roads lead to New York.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 pm
RamshackleMan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 am
I remember reading Anthony Accetturo had several of them killed when they tried to move into Lucchese territory.
Can you link info about this or were you around Jersey during that time?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

In a few years Al capone and carlo Gambino will be black men.I mean they already made Achiles a black guy so why not
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

bluehouse wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:57 pm In a few years Al capone and carlo Gambino will be black men.I mean they already made Achiles a black guy so why not
Well, he did go by "Al Brown" lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Extortion wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:45 pmCan you link info about this or were you around Jersey during that time?
Page 11 of Five Families is one place. It's also been mentioned in a couple other books, including New Jersey Mob: Memoirs of a Top Cop by Robert Buccino.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5nAt6 ... rs&f=false
All roads lead to New York.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

All the old Newark Italians and guys from Newark in the life will be back in Newark this weekend for St Lucy’s Feast of St Gerard Festival. Should be a blast….

-Dante
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

So The Sopranos has devolved into yet another self esteem booster for blacks? That's hilarious and sad. Tragicomic is the word, I think.

Imagine how much more interesting movies/TV/etc. would be if America all at once just decided to stop caring about black people's precious feelings.
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:55 pm
Extortion wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:45 pmCan you link info about this or were you around Jersey during that time?
Page 11 of Five Families is one place. It's also been mentioned in a couple other books, including New Jersey Mob: Memoirs of a Top Cop by Robert Buccino.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5nAt6 ... rs&f=false
Tumac going to war with the Black Panthers and winning - now that's a movie I would watch!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Watched Franzese's Mob Movie Monday on it and... a few things.

1 Every criticism he levied onto the film, from the way women are treated poorly, to the dialogue, to Italian-black relations etc all could just have easily applied to the Sopranos.

2 "David Chase, you make me wish I was still in the mob so I could meet you." When he says things like that it gives credence to those who believe his religious thing is BS. Yes, it was a joke but still, if he was as repentant as he claims he wouldn't say stuff like that. Matter of opinion, I reckon.

3 I'm not really a fan of it, I seen it and ok, if they make more movies I'll see them too. But Franzese claims he found the movie offensive in the way Itals were depicted, the focus on race relations in 1967 and I'm dumbfounded, its not like the Sopranos romanticized their characters and in fact they all did pretty scumbag things; not to mention "Unidentified Black Males" who get blamed for everything in that episode; Franzese must have missed all of those references from Ralphie taking a dildo up his ass to Tony's run in with officer "affirmative action cocksucker" to countless other examples.

4 He brought up rotten tomatoes and I suspect he looks at the user reviews to get a feel on what fans think so he can curtail his narrative to them. Makes me suspect that had Many Saints received world-wide acclaim his turn would be very different and he'd be likening Joel Bernstein/Johnny Soprano to how his father actually was.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Gonna be honest, I could give two shits about Franzese's opinion on anything.