US yakuza

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

US yakuza

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is there a us yakuza presence at all? I know in various Chinatowns there is nothing ongs/triads but what about yakuza. Also they use to be big in meth distro but since cartels do it now what is there position in the meth trade ? Yakuza always was really interesting to me. .. real good movies too!
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: US yakuza

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I meant to say there IS a tong /triad groups in Chinatowns . At least I belive there is. Along canal you'd see like
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

They do have a presence in Hawaii. Not sure about anywhere else in the US.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Except for Hawaii (and even there it's not really clear) the Yakuza seems to have relatively little involvement in the US, aside from some of their money being invested here. In other words, you don't see Yakuza guys on the ground here like you do Chinese or Vietnamese gangsters. The Yakuza is big into meth in Japan. But their market share in the US is zilch.
All roads lead to New York.
paph
Associate

Post by paph »

and the Russian ?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I think the problem here is that you guys are comparing the Yakuza to Chinese OC groups and they are completely different. Just because there both Asian doesn't mean they are one bit alike. So racist of you guys LOL ;)
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Yeah yakuza and triads are conpletly different .triads are more like lcn but yakuza has members that can be basically legitmate members . Like doctors. Lawyers . Etc. Yakuza isn't all criminals. Its even accepted to be a yakuza . Yamaguchi gumi has up to 50,000 members. They label club houses and wear pins etc .
paph
Associate

Post by paph »

JeremyTheJew wrote:Yeah yakuza and triads are conpletly different .triads are more like lcn but yakuza has members that can be basically legitmate members . Like doctors. Lawyers . Etc. Yakuza isn't all criminals. Its even accepted to be a yakuza . Yamaguchi gumi has up to 50,000 members. They label club houses and wear pins etc .
like confraternity at University in USa :lol: :lol: