Wow Rudy Giuliani is saying Chin was not the Boss or Under boss with Fat Tony and all kinds of other things

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Wow Rudy Giuliani is saying Chin was not the Boss or Under boss with Fat Tony and all kinds of other things

Post by Wiseguy »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 pm
mpl0215 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:38 pm Chin was definitely a sharp guy….I also feel like he has two major blunders under his belt that get overlooked, with the Frank C hit and the windows case with the informant that he was warned about by seemingly everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seemingly everyone? Name 3 people.
I think he's referring to Savino. Casso believed him to be a rat. So did Benny Mangano, who told Casso he agreed with him about Savino but "Chin loves the guy so there's nothing we can do." Gigante definitely let his guard down on that one.
All roads lead to New York.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Re: Wow Rudy Giuliani is saying Chin was not the Boss or Under boss with Fat Tony and all kinds of other things

Post by West Coast1 »

I watched the clip, sammy imedately says Rudy is incorrect
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 pm
eboli wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 pm This thread made me remember a funny letter sent to Giuliani's office in 1985. The sender was IDd as an associate of Gigante.

chin-letter-1.jpg
Do you know who penned that letter?
No idea. In another letter, the same guy talks about Dom Canterino's activities.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:27 pm Wow is Rudy Giuliani losing his mind or something??Did you see the PBD pod cast with Sammy the Bull episode 89? Patrick played his interview with Rudy (it’s around the 140 mark) for Sammy , wow the things that Rudy G was saying. That’s like the first time anyone has said anything bad about the Chin. He was saying all kinds of things like he wasnt in any leadership position, they were all lying to him, he was disliked, he wasn’t smart etc etc. lol . Craziest thing is Rudy Giuliani is saying all this with a straight face
Rudy doesn't want to admit that Chin was really the boss when they thought it was Fat Tony during the commission trials. Fact is ...Rudy got it wrong and Fat Tony was just a front boss. Because of this mistake Chin lasted till 97' on the streets. Bought Chin another 12yrs on the streets.
The Cat
On Record

Post by The Cat »

You are born smart not that you cant learn but you have it or you don’t . Many of these guys didn’t make eighth grade and became multimillionaire’s and didn’t see a jail cell until snitches plagued the life .
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The Cat wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:56 am You are born smart not that you cant learn but you have it or you don’t . Many of these guys didn’t make eighth grade and became multimillionaire’s and didn’t see a jail cell until snitches plagued the life .
TRUTH!
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

The Cat wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:56 am You are born smart not that you cant learn but you have it or you don’t . Many of these guys didn’t make eighth grade and became multimillionaire’s and didn’t see a jail cell until snitches plagued the life .
They became millionaires because they did illegal shit that other people don't do because most people have a conscience. It's a lot easier to make money illegally when you have a cadre of killers backing you up. Actually, the snitches are the real hero's for 'doing the right thing' and exposing these scumbags...
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Yeah, but these guys use violence to make money. It doesn't take a genius to rob a bank or loan someone money at five points a week, and then smack them around when they can't keep up with their payments. Even the more sophisticated schemes are underscored by the threat of violence.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I doubt Chin was a dummy. The thing with IQ scores is that it's easy to test lower, difficult to test higher. There's also motive to want to have a low score - it puts the lie to being a criminal mastermind.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:39 am I doubt Chin was a dummy. The thing with IQ scores is that it's easy to test lower, difficult to test higher. There's also motive to want to have a low score - it puts the lie to being a criminal mastermind.
Bingo.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:29 am
Yeah, but these guys use violence to make money. It doesn't take a genius to rob a bank or loan someone money at five points a week, and then smack them around when they can't keep up with their payments. Even the more sophisticated schemes are underscored by the threat of violence.

Or to go into small bars and restaurants and tell the owner they have to pay 3-5 hundred a week or you're gonna break their legs, this is what these guys do, extortion.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

desertdog wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:41 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:29 am

Or to go into small bars and restaurants and tell the owner they have to pay 3-5 hundred a week or you're gonna break their legs, this is what these guys do, extortion.
Yeah its called consequences. No different than being scared of getting locked up and getting ass raped for 20 yrs. Or talking to the hot secretary and getting canned for sexual harassment. Mob guys don't go around asking ppl to borrow money. Rudy has been off his rocker for years. This comment and many others displays his mental state. Snitches have plagued the life. You can voluntarily borrow 10,20,30k from a guy, welch on your payments go to the govt get the money from them to pay your vig and testify the guy is part of OC and the guys 3-5 yrs. That's what's wrong and you can call me whatever name you want but if you get caught short bc of your own ineptitude and get someone else locked up that's ur fault
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 pm
MichaelGiovanni wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 pm
mpl0215 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:38 pm Chin was definitely a sharp guy….I also feel like he has two major blunders under his belt that get overlooked, with the Frank C hit and the windows case with the informant that he was warned about by seemingly everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seemingly everyone? Name 3 people.
I think he's referring to Savino. Casso believed him to be a rat. So did Benny Mangano, who told Casso he agreed with him about Savino but "Chin loves the guy so there's nothing we can do." Gigante definitely let his guard down on that one.
Was it Caracappa and Eppolito who told Casso that Pete Savino was an informer?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:08 pmWas it Caracappa and Eppolito who told Casso that Pete Savino was an informer?
I don't remember exactly.
All roads lead to New York.
Garbageman
Straightened out

Post by Garbageman »

eboli wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 pm This thread made me remember a funny letter sent to Giuliani's office in 1985. The sender was IDd as an associate of Gigante.

chin-letter-1.jpg
Oh my God thank you, eboli, for that laugh. That old timer sounded like he'd had it up to here with them.