Active social clubs

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Active social clubs

Post by Shellackhead »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:25 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am Lucchese social club coddington ave bronx.jpeg

Lukes social club in the bronx where the infamous Bonnano/Crea incident occurred.
Courtesy sitdownnews/Pennisi
Where is this? Throggs Neck, Pelham Bay?
Coddington Ave. Pelham Bay
They moved locations
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:25 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am Lucchese social club coddington ave bronx.jpeg

Lukes social club in the bronx where the infamous Bonnano/Crea incident occurred.
Courtesy sitdownnews/Pennisi
Where is this? Throggs Neck, Pelham Bay?
Coddington Ave. Pelham Bay
Thanks for confirming, I know the spot, it’s on Coddington just past Tremont.

There’s been some rapid demographic shifts in the area and most of these clubs are closed now (this place is some kind of beauty salon now). A possible exception being the Genovese club on Westchester by Balsamo funeral home.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Anyone know if Café Italia lounge on Middletown by Crosby (next to Jimmy Ryan’s) is mobbed up? Place reminds me of the Outfit connected espresso bars in Chicago run by Italian immigrants.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 pm Anyone know if Café Italia lounge on Middletown by Crosby (next to Jimmy Ryan’s) is mobbed up? Place reminds me of the Outfit connected espresso bars in Chicago run by Italian immigrants.
I'm not sure. But two things:

1. The Coddington Ave. club is closed.

2. Jimmy Ryan's = good cheeseburger
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

sharpieone wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:07 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 pm Anyone know if Café Italia lounge on Middletown by Crosby (next to Jimmy Ryan’s) is mobbed up? Place reminds me of the Outfit connected espresso bars in Chicago run by Italian immigrants.
I'm not sure. But two things:

1. The Coddington Ave. club is closed.

2. Jimmy Ryan's = good cheeseburger
Thanks, you’re the man when it comes to these Bx clubs. Agreed on JR’s lol.

Any idea if/how many extant clubs are left in the PB/Middletown/TN area (apart from the possibly still operating Genovese club by Balsamo’s)? By my own eye I see very little that looks alive here. Who knows what goes on behind drawn shutters, but like the Coddington club many of these spots seem to have been replaced by new businesses.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm They moved locations
to?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:24 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm They moved locations
to?
Idk, Pennisi flipped right before they shut down.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:55 pm Idk, Pennisi flipped right before they shut down.
Interesting. So are you saying it has shut down or was this Pennisis?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:55 pm Idk, Pennisi flipped right before they shut down.
Interesting. So are you saying it has shut down or was this Pennisis?
I mean the fbi as on them so they had to pack up & leave
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:00 am I mean the fbi as on them so they had to pack up & leave
Apologies. I will clarify my question.
What is your source that the club moved?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:36 am
Shellackhead wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:00 am I mean the fbi as on them so they had to pack up & leave
Apologies. I will clarify my question.
What is your source that the club moved?
Pennisi.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:11 am Pennisi.
Gotcha. Cheers
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Always wondered where that Coddington Club was. I always figured it was behind the Chinese restaurant. Anyway, I wonder who lives above the club (and who owns the building). Can't imagine these guys just holding down random storefront space with tenants they don't know living right upstairs
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 am Always wondered where that Coddington Club was. I always figured it was behind the Chinese restaurant. Anyway, I wonder who lives above the club (and who owns the building). Can't imagine these guys just holding down random storefront space with tenants they don't know living right upstairs
I wonder too. I’m around that block practically everyday. What was the club is now an eyebrow/beauty salon, but I don’t really see clients coming in and out much. The area has changed dramatically in terms of demographics even in just the last decade, but I don’t know who owns the building itself or if it’s transferred ownership since the club was located there.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:27 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 am Always wondered where that Coddington Club was. I always figured it was behind the Chinese restaurant. Anyway, I wonder who lives above the club (and who owns the building). Can't imagine these guys just holding down random storefront space with tenants they don't know living right upstairs
I wonder too. I’m around that block practically everyday. What was the club is now an eyebrow/beauty salon, but I don’t really see clients coming in and out much. The area has changed dramatically in terms of demographics even in just the last decade, but I don’t know who owns the building itself or if it’s transferred ownership since the club was located there.
What's the craziest to me is DiChiara's downtown social club, located in what's basically a storage room in Knickerbocker Village.

Not because they're running an active social club in Manhattan in this day and age. It's the fact that the complex is managed by a regular management company, but the building's existence and the tenant's rents are subsidized by a very strict (much more strict today than back-in-the-day, anyway) New York State ran housing program.

The fact that DiChiara and now allegedly his son, are able to use that space as a social club, is crazy. I really don't understand how. Even if they had a hookup with the property management company, that place is so heavily regulated and monitored by the State that you'd think someone would raise an eyebrow to a mob-linked social club being ran on the ground floor. Also, from the prospective of the mobsters themselves - I doubt they're talking about anything incriminating inside of there, but wouldn't they also find it weird to be operating a social club on what's basically a State project's property?

It's just ironic, is all.