Vinny Asaro dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Vinny Asaro dead

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:58 am So he's mixed up Asaro and Artuso. :lol:
Don’t think he did. I think “MichaelGiovanni” just was wrong.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

I was wrong. My mistake. I was the knucklehead
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

all i can say is i havent heard anything about it, and it would be the talk of the neighborhood if so, im quarantining with covid so maybe im just out the loop, but no txts or anything
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Yeah I thought it would be everywhere if he had died.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

He DEFFINETLY said Vinny ASARO ....

But nothing has been said anywhere.... Very odd ... especially since how recently he has been convicted.

Guess covid release was valid
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Newspapers aren't going to know about a person's death unless someone puts in an obituary or there's a police report. If someone died of natural causes, there's no police report. Obituaries are surprisingly expensive, as in hundreds of dollars for a tiny newspaper obituary. The updated Social Security Death Index used to be online, but it hasn't been updated for years because of identity theft concerns. So unless someone directly calls a reporter, it won't be known to the public.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:58 am Lol kind of embarrassed to say I heard it on Hootie’s latest video. I can’t find any info about it anywhere, but wasn’t sure if one of the queens guys on here had any info.
Who is HOotie? like hootie and the blowfish lol- i take it he's another video guy?

I'LL GOOgle him
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Artuso died a year ago and Capeci didn't even find out until a week or two ago. To be fair to hailbritain he said it months back. Asaro is a bit more famous though, surely someone would have known by now?
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

TommyGambino wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:42 am Artuso died a year ago and Capeci didn't even find out until a week or two ago. To be fair to hailbritain he said it months back. Asaro is a bit more famous though, surely someone would have known by now?
I agree, especially with being a suspect in the Lufthansa Robbery. It was reported pretty heavily. Even if he was not convicted of anything, he definitely gained some notoriety with it. I think enough for someone to write something about him passing.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:18 am Newspapers aren't going to know about a person's death unless someone puts in an obituary or there's a police report. If someone died of natural causes, there's no police report. Obituaries are surprisingly expensive, as in hundreds of dollars for a tiny newspaper obituary. The updated Social Security Death Index used to be online, but it hasn't been updated for years because of identity theft concerns. So unless someone directly calls a reporter, it won't be known to the public.
This is my thinking too. Lufthansa heist or not he’s an old Italian guy with a criminal record, if he quietly passed away and his family want to keep it internal, it probably wouldn’t be reported on by news teams.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

He's a well known New York mobster who's been in the spotlight recently (last couple years), even if the family wanted it to be quiet I doubt there's any way that would be possible without someone picking it up.

My guess is Hootie's junkie ass heard about Artuso and then somehow confused it with Asaro and rambled on about it.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Yeah but Vinny Artuso just died recently too
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Artuso died last fall/winter. Capeci just wrote about it 2 weeks ago though.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:24 pm He's a well known New York mobster who's been in the spotlight recently (last couple years), even if the family wanted it to be quiet I doubt there's any way that would be possible without someone picking it up.

My guess is Hootie's junkie ass heard about Artuso and then somehow confused it with Asaro and rambled on about it.

My sentiments exactly. Who knows what goes on in that twisted/impaired brain of Hootie. Any kinda fuck up is possible.
Here we are trying to make sense of it all.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Hootie Russo makes Jimmy Calandra look like a Harvard graduate. C’mon…Vinne Asaro dying would 100% be in the Daily News or Post.
#Let’s Go Brandon!