Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

stubbs wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:38 am
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am From an August 6th article.
“Sal and Andrew were real bandits,” the informant said of the Scoppa brothers. “They were in the Mafia. Andrew was a guy at the table (of decision-makers) and Sal was a guy in the Mafia. They imported drugs and trafficked in drugs."
From an August 9th article.
During his testimony, the ex-hitman explained that at the time of the murders, in 2016, Andrew Scoppa and Victor Mirarchi were together, that Salvatore Scoppa was at a higher level, but that there were "Quarrels" between these Calabrians.
From yesterday's article.
“He was the guy who could incriminate everyone (in several murders). He was the guy who introduced me to everyone, who brought me to the table. (He) is part of the Mafia. I am not part of the Mafia and he is in the Mafia. Why didn’t they give me the chance to prove everything (the accomplice) told me,”
Of course this couldn't just be straight forward and simple for all of us :lol:
Yeah, it’s hard to parse everything.

From what I gather: Andrew Scoppa was involved with the leadership of the mafia in Montreal for a while, he was close to Vito Rizzuto and Steve Sollecito, even though he didn’t really get along with the latter.

But then Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce were got on that wiretap around 2017 discussing if Sal Scoppa should be killed. When he tapes came out, Sal Scoppa went to war against the so called Sicilian faction, killing Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, etc. They failed to kill Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce because they were in jail during that time period.

The Calabrian faction seems to have been led by Sal Scoppa, Andrew Scoppa, and Vittorio Mariachi. Mariachi was a projege of Reynald Dejardins, who obviously led the original coup a decade prior.

I think I remember reading that Andrew and Sal Scoppa didn’t always get along, which complicates things further. But, Andrew seems to have been on the side against Steve Sauce during the war, based on what he said in that book. And it’s even more complicated with the informant claiming that Sal is apparently higher up in the mafia than Andrew.

Then the informants are stating that Mariachi and the Scoppas wanted to kill each other after they eliminated the Sicilians, which makes these alliances even more tenuous and confusing. Just like how Dejardins and Montagna teamed up against the Rizzutos, before they turned on each other.

It’s confusing, but it’s really interesting the information that Mariachi was aligned with the Scoppas. Before this recent trial, I don’t believe anyone on the forum knew that. I think the consensus was he was just laying low and/or had made peace with the Sicilians. This gives a whole lot more context to Dejardins already having a hit list when he got out of jail recently.

As to Mariachi being with the Ndrangheta, I think they said it was through marriage? If this were true, then maybe the Montreal Calabrian faction had alliances in Toronto or at least was trying to build them. Didn’t they say that the Scoppas were sending word back to Italy about things? Maybe there are connections back to Calabria that haven’t been revealed yet.

I need a drink.

There were reports and rumors of the Scoppas issues with the “Rizzuto Crime Family” way before Operation MAGOT/MASTIF and that recording. At least a good year and a half prior.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:10 am
“Sal and Andrew were real bandits,” the informant said of the Scoppa brothers. “They were in the Mafia. Andrew was a guy at the table (of decision-makers) and Sal was a guy in the Mafia. They imported drugs and trafficked in drugs."
During his testimony, the ex-hitman explained that at the time of the murders, in 2016, Andrew Scoppa and Victor Mirarchi were together, that Salvatore Scoppa was at a higher level, but that there were "Quarrels" between these Calabrians.
“He was the guy who could incriminate everyone (in several murders). He was the guy who introduced me to everyone, who brought me to the table. (He) is part of the Mafia. I am not part of the Mafia and he is in the Mafia. Why didn’t they give me the chance to prove everything (the accomplice) told me,”

From what I gather: Andrew Scoppa was involved with the leadership of the mafia in Montreal for a while, he was close to Vito Rizzuto and Steve Sollecito, even though he didn’t really get along with the latter.

But then Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce were got on that wiretap around 2017 discussing if Sal Scoppa should be killed. When he tapes came out, Sal Scoppa went to war against the so called Sicilian faction, killing Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, etc. They failed to kill Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce because they were in jail during that time period.

The Calabrian faction seems to have been led by Sal Scoppa, Andrew Scoppa, and Vittorio Mariachi. Mariachi was a projege of Reynald Dejardins, who obviously led the original coup a decade prior.

I think I remember reading that Andrew and Sal Scoppa didn’t always get along, which complicates things further. But, Andrew seems to have been on the side against Steve Sauce during the war, based on what he said in that book. And it’s even more complicated with the informant claiming that Sal is apparently higher up in the mafia than Andrew.

Then the informants are stating that Mariachi and the Scoppas wanted to kill each other after they eliminated the Sicilians, which makes these alliances even more tenuous and confusing. Just like how Dejardins and Montagna teamed up against the Rizzutos, before they turned on each other.

It’s confusing, but it’s really interesting the information that Mariachi was aligned with the Scoppas. Before this recent trial, I don’t believe anyone on the forum knew that. I think the consensus was he was just laying low and/or had made peace with the Sicilians. This gives a whole lot more context to Dejardins already having a hit list when he got out of jail recently.

As to Mariachi being with the Ndrangheta, I think they said it was through marriage? If this were true, then maybe the Montreal Calabrian faction had alliances in Toronto or at least was trying to build them. Didn’t they say that the Scoppas were sending word back to Italy about things? Maybe there are connections back to Calabria that haven’t been revealed yet.

I need a drink.

There were reports and rumors of the Scoppas issues with the “Rizzuto Crime Family” way before Operation MAGOT/MASTIF and that recording. At least a good year and a half prior.
Hey! Sinatra, what's good my guy? Took me awhile to place the name..
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I need a drink.

I know I'm late to the party and I'm trying to catch up but who shot Sal Scoppa and the informant that can't be identified, thoughts?
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:21 am

I need a drink.

Hey! Sinatra, what's good my guy? Took me awhile to place the name..
Yea, it’s been a while . Lol. Hope all is well on your end.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:33 am

I need a drink.

I know I'm late to the party and I'm trying to catch up but who shot Sal Scoppa and the informant that can't be identified, thoughts?
Can’t call it. From the recent articles of the Falduto trial, the informant makes it seem like an in-house war, with what was left of the Rizzuto group, Leonardo & Sauce, and others, against the Calabrian sect of the Milieu.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Only carry a gun when it's needed, informant tells Montreal Mafia murder trial
https://montrealgazette.com/news/only-c ... ssion=true
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I don't get how the Rizzutos are prevailing through all this. So much of their family, their blood and mob family have been taken out, switched allegiances etc it seems they are still leaders in the underworld or Co-leaders at the very least. I mean you got to admire the preservation lol
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Preservance*
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... efense.php

The personality of the hitman combed through the Defense.
▪︎The informant admitted to consuming drugs and cannabis almost every day, including days he's testified.
▪︎The informant said he had multiple contracts out on his head, mainly from Pietro D'Adamo and a certain Dany Cochu.
▪︎When the defense brought up the complaints his ex wife filed against him for uttering threats and harassment the informant replied, "All my friends like Arsène Mompoint told me to end this relationship. I never wanted to kill her. I will kill scoundrels but not citizens. I'm not dangerous like that."
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Le tueur à gages fume du pot même en témoignant
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/ ... temoignant

Informant in Mafia murder trial is grilled about threats he made. https://montrealgazette.com/news/inform ... ts-he-made
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Informant in Montreal Mafia murder trial once threatened to kill a prosecutor.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/inform ... prosecutor
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Does the newspapers and media know who this informant is and they just can't reveal it? I mean who is this guy? What faction at least? Any ideas?
I mean I've seen guys on here find out who an informant is or find some crucial details within some text that you think would be insurmountable given the lack of information you had to work with. Someone can do it on here I know it!
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am Does the newspapers and media know who this informant is and they just can't reveal it? I mean who is this guy? What faction at least? Any ideas?
I mean I've seen guys on here find out who an informant is or find some crucial details within some text that you think would be insurmountable given the lack of information you had to work with. Someone can do it on here I know it!
I was thinking the informant was one of the Massari brothers but it isn't looking like that anymore.

There have been some details revealed like the informant saying he shot one of the guys who raped him in 2010 and was in jail in 2013 with "Brad Pitt." He was arrested around 2003 and threatened a prosecutor in Ontario as well so it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

From what's been revealed the informant sounds like he was kinda like a freelance enforcer/killer. During all this he was with the Scoppas but as he has said he was also talking with the "Sicilians" and was offered contracts by Charlie Renda.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I'm assuming that "Brad Pitt" has to be Jonathan Massari because he's the only other one charged with the murder of the Faldutos
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:53 pm I'm assuming that "Brad Pitt" has to be Jonathan Massari because he's the only other one charged with the murder of the Faldutos
That's what I was thinking too. Either him, or Domenico Scarfo, or another of the hit squad.