Persico was a rat?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Persico was a rat?

Post by Pmac2 »

capeci will write his whole column on it this week. i mean again its a list of guys identified as capo's by the same TE # its greg scarpa. all 3 of those guys were capos in the joe colomobo family in 1971 thats all that paper says. capeci called out carmine persico for maybe snitching on his brother for a murder in the 1950's that allie boy served 17yrs for. capeci was getting hate mail from the persicos for that and kinda gave a retraction. allie boy culdnt have been that mad he gets out in 1973 gets inducted into a family outside of nyc then transferd to the colombo family and is made consig in like a year or 2 of his release.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Death before dishonor
Manhattan: It was my good fortune to meet Carmine Persico in 1968 and to work with him on various legal issues over the years and to be his co-counsel for the last five years of his life in a valiant effort to overturn the Commission case. I was proud to be his lawyer and prouder to be his friend. The story claiming that Junior was a rat (“The blab father,” Aug. 20) makes my blood boil. Calling Junior a rat is like calling George Washington a British spy! The document purporting to prove this accusation actually proves that he and 12 other famous defendants were the subjects/targets of a famous informant, Greg Scarpa Sr., whose “rat number” appears on the misinterpreted documents. I have sent the Daily News reporter this information and more. Carmine Persico was a great man in my eyes and certainly was not a rat! I will bet my life on that! Mathew J. Mari

Posted in the nydailynews.com maybe they will recant
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Look you lose credibility, whether you were naive or not smart enough to understand the information that was given to you; if you don't correct it you lose credibility.
I'll give you an example-during trade deadlines or sports news in general-look at espn. ESPN is never first in reporting the most current event(s)in sports. You can see on the sports ticker tape "per athletic" "per yahoo sports" etc etc... they are never the first to report it, but they are never wrong. You can count on ESPN having it correct and you dnt need to fact check them. They always wait for someone to report it then they have their employees parse the data they just seen and report it accurately.
cosanostra101
Straightened out

Re: Carmine Persico top echelon informant papers allege

Post by cosanostra101 »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am
Raven wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:52 pm The co-writer Larry McShane wrote that bio of chin which I thought sucked. Like someone said when talking about Dellacroce being an informant sometimes the FBI or writers will make this shit up for whatever reason.
Do you know any examples where the FBI themselves lied and said someone was an informant? Can't recall ever seeing that.
Not that I can recall BUT, they did send a letter to Martin Luther King to kill himself and if they can do that they can do just about anything they want.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Once again....

We are talking about the same guy that published a book on Natale having been made in a secret ceremony by gambino and Bruno....

So to me this is the same as Phillip Carlo (RIP) whos credibility was destroyed ....

Very very disappointed to see ppl just run with this crap.

But also.... He is not the one to originally report it, which was orena and it is on record. So as a journalist he's not WRONG for bring it up ... But he is wrong for not looking into it a little more.

Personally I'm glad that mafia news is making front page news again.... I deffinetly see a resurgence in mafia/ black mafia television now
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:57 pm Once again....

We are talking about the same guy that published a book on Natale having been made in a secret ceremony by gambino and Bruno....

So to me this is the same as Phillip Carlo (RIP) whos credibility was destroyed ....

Very very disappointed to see ppl just run with this crap.

But also.... He is not the one to originally report it, which was orena and it is on record. So as a journalist he's not WRONG for bring it up ... But he is wrong for not looking into it a little more.

Personally I'm glad that mafia news is making front page news again.... I deffinetly see a resurgence in mafia/ black mafia television now
You would think the Daily News would fact check the hell out of the story before printing a story like that. I mean there are guys on here who knew more about what the referenced document meant than the freakin' reporter, and while that is great, that shouldnt be the case. They should have people who research the facts before printing something. I don't live in NY so I dont read that paper often, but I'm familiar with it because clip a lot of old stuff about the mafia from that paper on newspapers.com from back in the 1930's-1960's and if something Mafia related happened they reported it, with great photos and everything, but from the articles I've seen from back then, it was fact based and well reported. Maybe the paper has fell off, but the Perisco story seems like something a tabloid would print. I wonder if the Persico family will comment or sue them.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Unless there is a 302 out there on Persico I am not believing the guy is a rat. He literally spent 90% of his adult life in prison. The doc is from 1971. a one page doc. no 302 confirming his cooperation in anyway. Shortly after he is sentenced to 13yrs. Then later is released for a very short amount of time then sentenced again. then while in prison is charged in the commission case and sentenced to 100yrs. If he was an informant ..what did he gain? Pointing to his son only getting 3yrs on a weak conspiracy case is not enough to prove he was informant. Scarpa being an informant is much more documented. Just my opinion of course
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

He would have been The worst rat ever ...
As Rocco said.... HE SPENT MORE TIME IN PRISON THEN OUT

lol, a top echelon informat who can't even get on the street to rat....

And then before he died how many times did they try and get him released for whatever reason??? Don't you think this might of came up then?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Good review from mf on bobby luisi show......skip to bout 37 mins..
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I wouldnt doubt the persico clan is seething and is sending threats to orena's sons for letting this lawyer float this bullshit
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:14 pm Good review from mf on bobby luisi show......skip to bout 37 mins..
Good review on what? I listened to it after 37 min
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Wondering how this is going to go if the article will be retracted.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

How was Frank blue eyes Sparaco connected to the Perscio faction and was he made?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ ... e-1.956248
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was part of the Teddy Persico Sr. Crew. He was not made.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:02 pm He was part of the Teddy Persico Sr. Crew. He was not made.

Pogo

Thanks Pogo and did he inform on Gioeli the imprisoned boss of the Colombos?

https://thecolombomafia.com/thomas-gioeli